Silent Vows

Silent Vows

Baekhyun's gaze swept around the room, taking in the air of sadness and despair that seemed to cling to Exo nowdays.

The recent departure of Tao marked the last straw for them.

With Kris and Luhan, Baekhyun knew everyone had been at their breaking point but they'd held it in. Faking smiles for fans, avoiding the issue as though it had never happened and prentending they were completely fine. And, after a few months the wound had left an ugly scar but scars heal, and with that in mind they were slowly moving on.

But now, it was as though there was new wound, a far bigger one. One that Baekhyun wasn't sure would ever heal. And the reactions from his fellow members seemed to confirm that.

Now, leaning on the wall of their dorm, Baekhyun surveyed the room.

Jongin sat with his back to the wall, his hands on his knees and his head hung low and judging from the way his shoulders slightly shook, Baekhyun knew he was crying.

Sehun on the other hand, wore his usual poker face, however from the way that he occasionally bit down on his lip, it was clear he was trying not to break down.

Minseok sat on the couch, his fingers gripping the cushion on his lap so tightly they turned white. His other hand crumpled the tissue he had just previously used to wipe his tears.

Kyungsoo, like Baekhyun was looking around the room, his experssion darkening after every person he laid eyes on.

Yixing was quietly sobbing, his back against the wall and his face turned upwards.

Junmyeon was sobbing into Jongdae's shoulder and suddenly it all seemed too real for Baekhyun and he felt a lump forming in his throat. He felt tears forming in his eyes and turned his head away, hoping no one had seen him.

Instead his gaze met Chanyeol's, whose slightly puffy and red eyes widened at the tears rolling down Baekhyun's cheeks. In three long strides, he was standing in front of Baekhyun, pulling him into a hug.

Baekhyun's small frame shook with sobs, his hands twisting into the material of Chanyeol's shirt. And then all at once Chanyeol was bawling too. Before he knew it, Baekhyun was engulfed in the warmth of 7 other weeping bodies.

After a few moments of holding onto each other, they all separated, though one of Chanyeol's hands remained on the small of Baekhyuns back, which he was glad for.

"Yah, listen up!" Junmyeon called, directing all attention towards him.

"I know its been hard for all of us. And I know you want nothing more than to cry now but we have to stay strong. Not just for the fans but for each other as well. Looking at you guys now, I also know that together we can do it. Don't cry because they've left, smile because the memories we made are unforgettable. Look how far we've come, through all of that, we made it. And we can do it again. I believe it and so should you.We are one, remember that." He broke off to give a wobbly smile.

Jongdae wrapped his arms around Junmyeon and Kyungsoo and slowly, they all formed a huddle, clinging onto each other.

Baekhyun turned his head to look at Chanyeol and the beaming smile he got in return made him feel as though his heart had been pieced together again.It was enough to make him believe that if  he had this idiot by his side for the rest of his life then there was nothing that could break him. And Baekhyun made a silent vow to  never leave Chanyeols side.

"Exo...Saranghaja!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

So I realized that it wasn't really Chanbaek but more of 0t9 so sorry about that. Also, sorry for making it so depressing, I didn't intend on doing that.

I know the ending is really bad but I couldn't think of anything else. :(

I hope you enjoyed that though and thanks alot for reading.

Please leave a comment, I'd really appreciate it.

Have a great day and don't forget to smile :D

-Wise_girl14 (Maziah)