Way to Smile

Way to Smile

“What’s wrong?”

Dongwan threw a glance to you who were sitting on his side. You shook your head and put your head on the window, closed your eyes slowly. You can feel his free hand grabbed your hand that you put above your lap just to make you feel better.

You knew he asked that question for a lot of times for that day. He asked it first when both of you arrived at Namsan, second when you ate corn hotdog, and others that you didn’t remember at all. You knew your sour face might ruin his mood to have fun on his date with you, but you just can’t to fix it. It was still sour even after he made you laugh for a second.

“Feeling sick?” You shook your head and his grab on your hand was tighter than before. You opened your eyes and turned to him who was busy driving his red sport car and holding your hand.

“Seriously, just answer me what’s wrong. I’m worried now, okay?” He moved his hand to your forehead before he moved it to his own under that fluffy bangs. He frowned, “No fever.”

“I’m okay, dear. Just feeling blue today.”

“Even after our date?” He turned to you again, “Did I make you walking too much again today?”

You giggled a bit and shook your head. “Do you know sometimes women can have that kind of day? Where we just feel blue without any reason. We laugh but still feel sad inside.”

“It’s weird.” Dongwan slowly turned the car to the left side to enter the way to go to your home.

“Yeah. It is.” You shrugged and turned your gaze to the front, having another daydream time.

 

“So, our date was not fun at all for you then.”

“It was, sweetie. Don’t worry. It’s just… my feelings.”

Dongwan suddenly stopped the car on the left side and turned to you. He tilted his head with a cute frown on his face and he said, “Then I have a mission for today.”

“Mission?”

Dongwan nodded slowly. “Make you smile.”

You giggled and said, “I smiled a lot today because of you.”

“But it’s not from your heart,” Dongwan smiled slowly and he moved his right hand to ruffle your hair, “I want your heart smiling too. For me.”

 

He drove his car again after he put a big question mark on your head. What he will do later for that sudden mission. You turned to see Dongwan when he hold your hand again with his free hand warmly.

“What will you do?”

He shook his head and smiled. “Won’t tell you. Just wait and enjoy it.”

 

When both of you arrived at your apartment area, he got out from the car immediately to open the door for you. Dongwan closed the door and suddenly turned to you who prepared to say goodbye to him.

“Let me borrow your toilet.”

“Eh?” Before you answered he already dragged you to the elevator to go to your apartment. He held your hand tight even when both of you were in elevator, made other people around you turned around and caught both of you with their gaze.

“I haven’t said yes for that statement.” You whispered so other people cannot hear it. Dongwan turned to see you who stood closer to him, “Ah, really?” He giggled and looked at front again, ignored your pout and pinches to his arm.

Both of you arrived on the 12th floor where you lived. You walked slowly and pressed the password before he rushed in to your apartment. You just shook your head and smiled a bit when he really went inside of your bathroom with quick steps.

Not too long, he came out from the bathroom with a wide smile. Dongwan looked around and without your realization he went to your bedroom which placed next to the bathroom.

“Ya, why didn’t you wash these clothes? Are you woman, really?”

You widened your eyes and rushed to your room when you heard his voice from there. You asked him to get out from your room but he suddenly pushed your body to your bed.

“YA!” When you tried to get up, he pushed you again and suddenly rolled you with your blue blanket. You screamed and asked for a help, but he did not care about it. He seemed love it so much because you can hear his giggle loudly from below the blanket.

“Kim Dongwan! Get me out from this blanket trap!” He suddenly brought you with his two arms out from the room and he made you sit on the black couch in front of your TV. Dongwan noticed you cannot see anything because the blanket covered your sight too so he folded the top of it until he was sure you can see clearly.

“What is this…” You pouted and said, “Are you trying to make me feeling worse after what I just said to you? I said I am feeling blue today so…” He made you stop ranting with his warm forehead kiss. You blinked twice and he whispered on your right ear, “The main part hasn’t done, mam.”

Dongwan suddenly walked to your kitchen and opened your refrigerator widely. He took out some of your secret things from there, even a bottle of wine that you saved so hard from him.

“How do you know…” he put a lot of snacks and the bottle of wine in the table in front of you. He smirked and said, “I even know you saved 50.000 won under your pillow, bunny.”

When he finished, he sat beside you and grabbed the remote control to turn on the TV. Dongwan didn’t go to the TV channels, but he went to the recording station where you saved a lot of record files there.

“Wait… wait…”

“Where did you save that drama? The one that you like so much.”

“What… I have a lot,” you bit your lips and saw him heading to the file where you saved files about his performance on TV stations. You have never told about that to him because you felt embarrassed with it but now…

“KIM DONGWAN STOP!!” You screamed and made him stop pressing buttons on the remote control. Dongwan looked at you slowly and said, “But…”

You jumped a little to stand up properly and you released yourself from the blanket. He widened his eyes when he saw you standing in front of him with your cold gaze.

“Get out.”

“But… my mission…”

“Get out!! You made everything worse now!” You looked at the mess he put on the table and sighed deeply. Tears already on your eyes and before it dropped down, you ran to your bed and closed the door immediately. Lying on your bed, you bit your lips and cried over how Dongwan made you so angry about anything.

You heard a small knock on your door. With one move, you can hear him opening the door.

“Dear… I’m sorry.”

Dongwan opened the door wider and slowly walked to your place. He sat on the other side of your bed and sighed.

“Bunny…” He poked your back once and it made you turning your body to him. He was surprised but you can see he was trying to hold his gaze to your face.

 

“Your face is getting sour now.”

“Because of you.”

“I’m sorry,” he sighed, “I just remembered one post that I saw on Facebook about how to make someone feeling better. And I thought it will be a fun thing to make you smile so…”

You held your laugh and said, “Facebook post?”

Dongwan nodded slowly. He pouted and sighed for another time. You were feeling bad when you saw him like that. With one move, you gave more space to him and asked him to lay down together beside you. And Dongwan did it without any no word.

“You know,” you slowly crawled to his embrace and he hugged you with both of his hands warmly, “for me, the one that can make me smile is just one. And it’s a simple thing.”

“What?” You can hear his voice from his chest and it made you trembled a bit. You raised your head to make an eye contact with Dongwan and smiled, “A cuddling time with my rock man.”

“Rock man?” Dongwan frowned for seconds before he smiled widely. He moved to kiss your forehead and the top of your head sweetly.

“Well, if that’s what you want, I’m ready.” Both of you giggled and he hugged you tighter than before.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Dongwan.”

“Hm?”

“Let me go now. I can’t breathe.”

“Ey… I haven’t started.”

“What start?” You lifted your head to see his face again. “Kim Dongwan.”

“You asked for it. Cuddling time with rock man.” Dongwan smirked and continued, “Your rock man is kinda aggressive, are you okay with it?”

“Oh gosh.”