one shot

Kiss Kiss

Kiss Kiss

One shot
Changhyun’s POV

“Good work guys,” everyone clapped while dripping with sweat. We just finished a three hour concert and I was still high off the fan’s cheers and love. The feeling of being on stage and being in the center of everyone’s momentary happiness can never get old.

“Let’s take a group picture for the fans,” Jonghyun gave our manager the camera and jumped next to me.

I squeezed next to Niel to escape his grip but I could feel his breath tickling my ears. 

Jonghyun has been into tickling my ears with his breath during photos these days. He thinks it’s funny and never stops. 

It was about a month ago, we were drinking a can of beer while catching up on the latest drama Signal. Jonghyun asked me, “Do you have any sensitive spots on your body?”

I thought the question was weird but didn’t give it much thought and answered truthfully. We’ve been a team for six years and Jonghyun would randomly ask questions like this from time to time.

“My ears. I hate getting my hair cut because sometimes they touch my ears in strange ways. It drives me crazy.” I sipped the can of beer while Jonghyun laughed hysterically.

Since then he has not left my ears alone. I wish he would stop.

It was bearable the first few days but after a TV game recording he grew more daring. It was the lie detector game, tell the truth or get shocked. 

Niel asked me “I think a lot of erted thoughts throughout my day.”

“no,” I answered trying to calm down my heart.

Utter failure. I jumped out of my seat and almost broke the table in half from the shock. 

I formed a piece sign and sneaked into a different position. But now, Jonghyun’s face was incredibly close to mine.

I backed away and smoothly put one arm over Jonghyun’s shoulder. His gaze was not normal just then, I inched away from Jonghyun, but he grabbed my waste and hugged me tight.

The flash from the camera clicked. He immediately let go of me, but this is strange that my heart is beating so fast.

Was I scared of Changjo? I sat next to Changjo and felt normal and fine. He was flipping through twitter reading fan’s messages and replies. 

Nothing. 

I sighed in relief. Changjo leaned over to me and began showing me some random replies that was funny to him but my body grew stiff because my heart started beating really fast again.

Crap.

I bit my lips and jumped up. 

“Niel hyung, I want some!” I escaped to steal some crackers from Niel who was eating alone.

I stuffed my mouth with crackers letting the salty goodness sink in. I numbed my thoughts trying to shake away this feeling.

Luckily, we were busy with dance practice the following hours which calmed me down. We had another solo concert next week and so we didn’t stop practicing. 

The days raced past. Practice went on for a few days, but 3 hours of our concert felt like only a minute. It was already the end.

“Thank you so much for coming today but the concert is done now.” I said sadly. The fans all cried while some started sobbing.

“We’re sad too. That’s why we’re still standing here like this.” I said trying to comfort the fans a bit. Jonghyun came next to me and hugged my waist. I held his hand and smiled for the fans. 

Just then, Jonghyun pressed his lips on my cheek and smirked while hugging me tighter. 

“Thank you,” I thanked the fans pretending that didn’t just happen.

The fans begged for an encore and so the awkward moment was smoothly forgotten. Usually Jonghyun goes around with other members giving fan service but these days he’s been sticking close to only me.

It’s all fan service, stop trying to think it means anything else Changhyun. I spoke to myself trying to wake my senses.

I felt my eyes sting. what’s wrong with me.

Niel hyung swooped next to me and hugged me. Jonghyun squeezed his arm between me and Niel hyung separating us. He ‘joined’ our hug forming a group hug on stage while we said our real goodbyes to all the fans.

“Are you okay Changhyun?” Byunghun hyung asked me patting my back. I nodded and smiled. 

It’s good they think I’m crying because of the fan’s love. God this is awkward.

I loathed returning to the hotel. I was Jonghyun’s roommate. I thought I was doing okay, but all this skinship was bringing up the old feelings I’ve buried for so long. 

I washed and hurried to bed to avoid talking to Jonghyun. Jonghyun plopped next to me, “What’s wrong?” 

He asked me.

“I’m tired.” I replied shortly.

“For real, what’s wrong? You looked distressed all throughout dinner. We even had your favorite pork stirfry and you barely touched your food.”

Since Jonghyun loves all s from the bottom of his heart, it’s easy to mistaken his actions as romantic love. He’s really touchy and acts like a boyfriend!

He’s so frustrating.

I kicked him off pushing him off my bed.

“Go to your own bed.” I turned to the opposite direction from him and faced the wall.

He didn’t reply. Was I too much? Maybe that was over the top, he was just worried for me.

“You’ve been always avoiding me these days. If I made you mad somehow, please tell me Changhyun.” Jonghyun’s voice shook.

I turned around shocked. Why is HE crying? 

Aigoo….

I always move back unconsciously and avoid talking with him these days so I can cool off my feelings. I do this with him time to time and he misunderstands everything.

It’s this vicious cycle of none stop falling in and out of love.

I feel so frustrated with myself. 

“I’m not mad Jonghyun. Come here, you can sleep here. Sorry.” I slid over to make room for him.

He happily snuck over and closed his eyes. 

“You’re really not mad?” he asked me.

“No.” I replied with a warm voice. I’m glad it’s so dark; he won’t see me crying like this.