---

That, Which Never Dies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          An old folded piece of paper fluttered to the ground as Chanyeol sneakily tried to open a big photo album with the words: 'ELEMENTARY DAYS' in front of it. Krystal, whose back was turned, spun around when she sensed the slight movement. Her eyes widened at the sight of Chanyeol bending to pick up that all too familiar piece of paper.

          Chanyeol didn't even have to read the words contained in it to know what it was. That earnestly colored cut-out heart, that weird penmanship which tried hard to look civil, that innocent message which conveyed the feelings of a rather straightforward boy…

          Krystal,

          "Sorry to tell you but I don't have a crush on you anymore. Cause sometimes you get too sad when you lose in games. You're pretty and all, but you're not a good sport. Sorry..."

         Your friend

          It was such a waste. For the boy to be watching her, making that observation, and writing a note to her about it – he must have really liked Krystal.

          "You’ve kept this, huh?" Chanyeol’s lips curled into a smile as he felt a surge of nostalgia.

          The smile on his face disappeared as quickly as she snatched the paper out of his hands. It was replaced with a surprised and confused and – wait, did I say something wrong?– expression and Krystal rolled her eyes.

          "Of course I’ve kept it. I look at this every time you're too sweet to me because I have to keep reminding myself that it's out of loyalty and not love. Not anymore, anyway.”Krystal paused thoughtfully, not even noticing herself pout. “Oh, and I look at this whenever your genius shows and you get recognized again, just to remind me of how stupid you actually are in person." She retorted rather bitterly, still incredulous of and intimidated about the fact that Chanyeol knew that early what he wanted and did not want.

          "But you didn't even like me back then." Chanyeol frowned, confused. Krystal wasn't a good sport and so, she didn't want to lose at that game because the winner gets to play marry Chanyeol—and because she knew that Chanyeol liked her, she thought she should be Chanyeol's bride. So arrogant, yet still so cute in thinking that she's the rightful winner, Chanyeol recalled as he smiled to himself.

          "And so? I can't believe you'd actually 'dump' me for something as small as 'not being a good sport'" Krystal said, annoyed, completing her display of irritation with air-quotations and the sourest expression she could muster. Chanyeol inwardly chuckled as he saved this image in his mind, deciding to make a caricature of her later. He would add a little frothing at the mouth though, and maybe name the work something along the lines of "my angry princess" in rainbow colors and cursive font on top of the drawing. It would cost him his head banged against the wall and his other head downstairs (and maybe his balls, too) cut off if she saw it, but it was cute for the time being so he figured he wouldn't care.

          By then, a wide grin had already taken over the young man's features, while Kry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter