Mine Not Yours!

Mine Not Yours!

“Faster gege!” Yixing giggled as Yifan crawled on hands and knees around the playground making horse sounds with the small boy on his back. “We have to save the princess!”

Yifan picked up his trout going as fast as he could on all fours until they came to the wooden tower in the middle of the play-scape. “Nay, she’s up there. Nay” Yifan said staying in character.

“Good horsey.” Yixing said climbing off his back and feeding him skittles from his hand.

“Nay, thank u…ew! They’re all wet. Nay.” Yifan said munching on one.

“Well my hand got sweaty.” Yixing shrugged and Yifan grimaced but then continued to munch on them without care.

After climbing the tower and saving the princess (Yixing’s toy bunny Momo he had placed in the tower earlier) they had to cross fire hot lava hanging from the monkey bars and go through the portal of time that happened to look like a tire swing before riding off into the sunset or at least a mural of the sunset that was painted along the restroom wall by the drinking fountain.

“Now kiss the princess and you become a boy again!” Yixing held up Momo and Yifan closed his eyes tight smashing his lips into the bunny. His expressions always made Yixing giggle. When Yifan pulled away he spun around three times and fell to the floor. Yixing walked up to him cautiously nudging him on the shoulder until Yifan sat up shaking his head as if waking up from a long dream.

“Am I a boy again?” Yifan asked looking up at Yixing who smiled and nodded. “Yay! We did it!” Yifan jumped up picking Yixing off the ground he spun around in a circle until the young boy was red in the face. This was always Yixing’s favorite part of their game.

“Now you can marry the princess and…”

“Time to go Yixing” Yixing’s mother suddenly called from the sidewalk.

“Awww…” Both boys pouted.

“But mom we didn’t finish our mission…” Yixing whined.

“You can finish tomorrow, I have to get supper started.” Yixing’s mother gave him that look that told him she wasn’t going to ask again and he begrudgingly followed her to their car.

“Bye gege…let’s play again tomorrow!”

“Ok bye.” Yifan waved as Yixing sulked all the way to his car.

Once buckled in he smiled watching Yifan through the car window as he touted around the playground no doubt practicing his horse acting skills. Yixing couldn’t wait to play again the next day. Moving into a new recently built district Yixing remembers being the only five year old around as apartments were still getting filled. Going to the community playground was so boring but then only a month ago Yifan showed up and though he was a couple years older they connected like they had always been friends. Yifan liked all the adventures Yixing would make up for them and loved playing the part of the monster or an animal the most. Which he did very well but Yixing always liked Yifan best as the hero and usually casted him as such. He just looked the part. What Yixing really loved though was that they were the only little kids in the whole neighborhood so they always had the park to themselves to run around and make up stories. Yixing was so happy to have found a friend like Yifan. He hoped they could stay like this forever.

The next day Yixing rushed to the playground at 3o’clock like he always did. He had a really great adventure planned out today that involved going under the sea. He saw Yifan sitting on the swings in the back and his face formed into a wide smile as he sprinted to get to him.

“Gege I’m here! I thought up a new adventure we could…” Yixing suddenly came to a halt, arms falling to his side as his eyes widened.

Yifan wasn’t alone.

He was swinging next to another much smaller boy, maybe even shorter than Yixing who was smiling at Yifan, giggling like crazy as his legs dangled off the swing.

“I bet I can go higher than you Benben” The little boy laughed.

When Yixing slowly approached them Yifan turned his attention to him. Smiling he jumped from the swings surprising the young boy next to him.

“Hey, we were waiting for you.” Yifan said and the little boy on the swings climbed off and came to Yifan’s side clutching his shirt and hiding behind him. “This is Zitao. He moved into the apartment across from mine yesterday. Tao this is Xingxing.”

For a moment the young boy only stared at Yixing and Yixing did the same but then a small smile shown on his face.

“I’m four.” Tao suddenly said holding up three fingers, making Yifan laugh as he corrected him picking up one more of the boy’s fingers. Tao stared at his hand curiously before smiling again and holding his fingers up more proudly. “Four.”

“Well I’m five- I mean, I’m Yixing, hi.” Yixing said trying to smile though he didn’t know why it was so hard to. The boy was indeed cute but there was something in the way his hand clutched tight to Yifan that made Yixing unhappy.

“Is it ok if he plays with us today?” Yifan asked.

The question took Yixing by surprise. He had planned the adventure for just the two of them but he supposed he could add a third character. Maybe it would be fun. “Uh…sure why not.”

 Tao suddenly yanked at Yifan’s shirt for him to bend down which the taller boy complied as Tao whispered into his ear. Yifan pulled away with a soft chuckle looking up at Yixing.

“He said you are pretty for a boy.” Yifan said.

“Oh? Thanks.” Yixing said feeling a little embarrassed.

“Xingxing is pretty but Benben is goofy looking.” Tao giggled coving his mouth. Yifan puffed out his cheeks and narrowed his eyes at him.

“Benben?” Yixing chuckled too. “Why does he call you dumb dumb?”

“Uh…I don’t know. He just started calling that.” Yifan shrugged.

“Because Benben is silly.” Tao smiled up at him.

“He’s right. It does fit you.” Yixing grinned approvingly and Yifan moved forward as if about to attack him only making both small boys laugh.

“Oh so you are both against me now?” Yifan huffed crossing his arms and sitting cross legged on the ground in a pout. Yixing smiled and went to sit next to him but Tao beat him to it.

“I like that you’re silly Benben.” Tao said and kissed Yifan on the cheek. The gesture instantly made Yifan smile and feel better but Yixing had a different feeling he never felt before. Why did his chest suddenly hurt?

“So what’s the adventure today Yixing?” Yifan asked bring Yixing back from his thought.

“What?...oh yeah.” Yixing went on to explain his story and their roles as knights of the underwater kingdom who have to battle a water dragon (Yifan) who threatens to attack their kingdom. After his explanation Yifan looked excited but Tao looked confused.

“This seems too hard.” Tao pouted.

“It’ll be fun,” Yifan said patting Tao on the head.

“But I won’t be with BenBen.” Tao sulked “Let’s play hide and seek. Benben and me hide and Xingxing looks for us.”

“My adventures more fun than hide and seek. Right gege?” Yixing asked almost pleading for Yifan’s support.

Tao began pulling Yifan to go hide with him and Yifan looked unsure what to do at first but with Tao being the youngest he felt obligated to amuse him. “Why don’t we play his game this time, Yixing? Then we can play your tomorrow.” Yifan said to which Yixing couldn’t believe.

“Yay!” Toa jumped up and down dragging Yifan away almost immediately to go hide with him.

Yixing scowled, reluctant to go look for them. He really wanted to play his adventure but since Yifan and Tao had already started the new game he didn’t want to be left out and began to count.

The weeks went by like this. Yixing would have a new adventure for them to play but Tao would want to do something else and Yifan feeling that Tao being the youngest granted him some sort of special treatment would always side with the youngest. Yixing didn’t like it and he didn’t like how he always felt left out when they played Tao’s games. Somehow it would always end up, Yifan and Tao against Yixing. Yifan always said because Tao is so little he needs special care but Yixing thought Tao looked pretty capable on his own. Tao was also very clingy to Yifan, always having one hand clutched tightly to him or asking Yifan for a piggy back ride or giving him kisses. Yixing didn’t like this one bit. For one they were boys, why was Tao kissing him? For another Yixing was starting to miss the way Yifan would pick him up and spin him around. It seemed most his attention was focused on the new littlest boy.

On this day they had decided to play hide and seek again for Tao. But the two boys had been hidden for a very long time. Yixing was beginning to wonder if they left him there. Suddenly he spotted them near the pond by the playground. They were feeding ducklings.

Yixing couldn’t believe it, they weren’t even hiding. They had completely forgotten about him. Yixing ran to meet them.

“Hey, why aren’t you guys hiding?” Yixing asked once he reached them. Yifan looked up but Tao continued to feed the ducks, laughing when they nibbled at his hand.

“Tao got bored hiding. We saw this lady feeding ducks and Tao asked her for some bread.” Yifan said.

“But…why didn’t you tell me? I was looking for you this whole time.” Yixing whined.

“We didn’t know where you were, sorry. You can feed ducks now. Tao give Yixing some bread.” Yifan turned to Tao but before he could grab any Tao threw the last of the bread crumbs in the water.

“Uh oh...” Tao said.

“He did that on purpose!” Yixing shouted.

“It slipped.” Tao said holding both his palms up.

“It was an accident Yixing.” Yifan said and Yixing couldn’t believe he was defending him.

“Can we find more bread, Benben?” Tao asked looking hopefully up at the tall boy.

“Sure then Yixing can join us.” Yifan smiled.

“Benben is so kind.” Tao said and gave Yifan a kiss on the cheek.

“Stop that!” Yixing suddenly shouted without thinking. He then grabbed at Yifan’s sleeve to pull him up to go with him. “Come one, let’s play our adventure. We always play what he wants, let’s play my adventure now.”

“No, the ducks!” Tao suddenly said grabbing Yifan’s other arm and pulling him more towards him.

“Stop it, he’s my friend. Tell him gege!”

“He wants to feed duckies with me, right Benben?”

“We always do what you want. Gege!” Yixing continued to pull.

“Benben!” Tao pulled harder too. Yifan felt like he was being ripped in half. Finally he turned to Yixing.

“Xing, let’s just feed ducks today. Please? He’s younger, let’s just treat him.” Yifan pleaded and Yixing instantly let go in disbelief but Yifan took it as Yixing agreeing.

“We’ll feed ducks today Tao” Yifan smiled and the small boy jumped up and down hugging Yifan around the middle.

Yixing bit his lip bowing his head so they wouldn’t see his tears as his eyes became watery. Yixing knew Yifan first why was he taking this new boys side? Yifan was supposed to always take his side. Yifan was his friend. His. He hated this and he hated Tao.

“I don’t want to.” Yixing said silently with his head bowed and fist clenched.

“Xing?” Yifan looked at him questioningly.

Yixing looked up at them with tears in his eyes. “He’s not my friend and I don’t want to play with him!”

Yixing then ran off away from them with Yifan calling out to him but he didn’t care. Tao ruined everything. He quickly went to his mother and asked to go home. He never wanted to go back to that playground again.

A week pasted and Yixing had still not gone back to the playground but he missed Yifan every day. He hated that he had to give up the place they had shared and become friends. It seemed unfair.

“Hey, feel like going out today?” Yixing’s mom suddenly entered his room.

“Sure.” Yixing smiled jumping up from his bed he had been resting in. He hadn’t been out to play in forever.

 “Great. We have new neighbors who just moved in to the apartment next to us. Mrs. Oh and her son. I invited them to go to the park with us today.”

Yixing’s smile faded at his mother’s words. The park?

The doorbell rang not even a minute later and Yixing’s mom went to open it while Yixing stood by her pants leg. In the entrance stood a tall women and a smaller boy holding a toy boom box and microphone.

“Yixing this is Oh Sehun.” Ms. Zhang introduced him. Yixing thought the boy was very cute. He was at least a couple years younger than him and had a small face and looked so shy and little.

“Hello.” Yixing said and the boy stepped back, backing into his mother’s legs. “What’s that?” Yixing pointed to his toy. Sehun looked up at his mother as if asking if it was ok to talk to this stranger. When she nodded and nudged him forward Sehun held the toy out for Yixing to see.

“Um…dis is my music box.” Sehun said with a slight lisp. He then held the microphone up. “I sing wif dis.”

Yixing smiled. He liked Sehun instantly.

When they arrived at the park Yixing felt nervous, he had no idea if Yifan and Tao would be there or not and didn’t know what to do if they were there.

“Alright, stay close to Sehun, Yixing. We will be over here.” Yixing’s mother said as she and Mrs. Oh walked to the nearest bench to sit and talk. Just then a familiar giggle could be heard from the other side of the playground.

Yixing’s back stiffened in fear. It was Tao, Tao’s laugh. He didn’t want to see Yifan and Tao he was so embarrassed with how he left thing with them. He didn’t know how he could face them.

“Come on Sehun, I have a cool place to show you.” Yixing quickly took the young boy’s hand and lead him under the tower in a small hidden room which was hard to see into through the outside.

“Isn’t this cool, Sehun? It’s a secret room.” Yixing said as the young boy sat next to him.

“Oooh…” Sehun looked around as if impressed. He then sat his toy boom box on the ground and clicked a button. The tune of old MCDonald started playing and Sehun put the mic to his lips.

“Oh, Oh, Oh Sehun. Oh, Oh Oh Sehun.” The boy started saying in a sing song rap that didn’t follow the tune at all. Yixing instantly took the mic from him.

“No no no.” Yixing said when he heard footsteps walking towards them.

“I heard noises in here.” A familiar voice said when the matching face popped in to the room. “Oh! It’s Xingxing!”

Tao smiled walking into the room. Yixing was surprised he looked happy to see him. He was shortly followed by Yifan who didn’t look as happy but only because he looked completely surprised to see Yixing there.

“Xing…you’re here.” Yifan said.

“He has a little friend.” Tao smiled finding the young boy who took to hiding behind Yixing when Yifan and Tao entered.

“Who’s that?” Yifan asked eyeing the boy.

“His names Oh Sehun his mom’s friends with my mom.” Yixing said looking down at the small boy who was clutching to him. Yifan continued staring at the boy with an emotionless expression.

“Look how tiny he is.” Tao giggled pointing to the small boy though he was barely much taller.

Sehun seemed scared of both of them at first and looked to Yixing as if asking if it was safe for him to speak.

“It’s ok.” Yixing smiled down at him. “They’re…friends.”

Sehun seemed to believe Yixing and stepped forward looking from Yifan to Zitao. Like before he held up his toy boom box. “Dis is my music box.” Yixing wondered if this was always how he introduced himself.

“Waah, so cool!” Tao said instantly taking the music box from Sehun, pressing one of the buttons and holding the box to his ear. He started bobbing his head as Oh Sehun watched him before offering him his microphone to sing.

“For me?” Tao asked taking the mic without hesitation. “My name is T-A-O, Tao.” Tao then pushed the mic in front of Oh Sehun’s mouth to continue the song.

“Uh-Oh, Oh, Oh Sehun.” The little boys giggled together before Tao got up taking Oh Sehun’s hand surprising the little boy.

“Let’s play this outside, we can hear it better.” Tao smiled leading the smaller boy with him out the hidden room.

“Wait Oh Sehun, we need to stay together.” Yixing called after them and was about to run after them when Yifan grabbed his arm.

“Wait, can we talk?”

“No, I have to get Sehun.” Yixing insisted trying to pull away from Yifan and avoiding looking him in the eyes.

“They’ll be ok.” Yifan assured him but that wasn’t the point at all.

“No, it’s not fair. Oh Sehun’s my friend. Tao’s doing it again!” Yixing cried and yanked his hand from Yifan.

“Doing what again?”

“Stealing my friends. You were my friend first but now you only like Tao. I don’t like it.” Yixing began crying covering his face with his arm. He felt embarrassed crying in front of Yifan. After all they were boys he shouldn’t cry but he couldn’t help it. He missed his friend too much. “Y-you’re supposed to be my friend…and now you hate me.”

 Yifan didn’t say anything at first simply staring at Yixing but then he smiled and a puff of laugher left his lips and Yixing immediately stopped crying and looked out from behind his arm.

“You crazy kid. Is that what you thought?” Yifan grinned bending down so his face was level with Yixing’s. “Xing, you’re my best friend. How could I hate you?”

“R-really?” Yixing sniffled, wiping his tears on his arm. “But you always wanted to do what Tao wanted.”

“Yeah…because he’s younger than us and he’s new here. I was just trying to be nice. I’m really sorry I made you feel left out. I didn’t mean to, honest.”

“So…you really don’t like him more?” Yixing asked.

Yifan smiled at Yixing’s cuteness before ruffling his hair. “No one could replace you Xing.”

Just then loud noise or maybe it was supposed to be singing could be heard coming from the top of the tower.

“Come on,” Yifan said taking Yixing’s hand. “Let’s see what those tykes are up to.”

Yixing smiled and let Yifan lead him atop the tower where Tao and Sehun had made a sort of stage and were now singing for everyone to hear. The older boys laughed at their display and clapped as best they could to their out of sync tone.

“Do you want to join them?” Yixing asked.

“I think they’re doing good on their own. You know we never got to play your adventure game.” Yifan said back.

“Really? You want to play?” Yixing lite up at the thought.

“If I can be the monster. I’ve been practicing a good roar.” 

Yixing laughed and nodded as the two boys took off to an undersea adventure. After a short while Tao and Sehun started to notice the boys running around and laughing and wanted to join too. Yixing assigned them all their roles and before long they were all laughing and chasing each other and it really was fun with more people. Yixing felt happy knowing he hadn’t lost what was most dear to him but actually gained a lot more.

 

[A/N] I don't really have anything to say about this...just felt like some fanxing fluff kid!au stuff and I love jealous Lay and spoiled Tao. Haha don't be too hard on him remember he's 4. Please comment!