Chapter 1: We're Going on a Trip

The Trip

**Author's note: Please let me know if you find any errors, this is my first time writing a YoonMin Fanfic.

Please Enjoy! ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Aish, they’re so noisy,” I roll over and look at the clock, 05:00 glows bright green from the stand where it sits. I groan grabbing one of the many pillows and forcefully push it onto my face. I let the thickness engulf my head and block out all of the obnoxious sounds from the outside of my room, not really caring about the lack of oxygen.

 

    Just as I start to drift off back into much craved slumber, my bedroom door swings open and slams into the wall.

“Yoongi-hyung! Wakey-wakey!” Jimin says extremely loud with exceptional amounts of cheer. “Hyung you need to get up and get ready!” He pauses, “And you really need to clean your room, it reeks worse than Jungkookie’s. Jungkookie is 4 years younger than you, he is your dongsaeng.” He says, followed by an annoying sound of disgust. His grunts and taps from trying to jump around the assortment of clothing, among other things, begins to get closer and closer. A gentle bump against the side of my mattress tells me he’s made it to the bed.

Just like every other morning, I tighten my muscles in anticipation for his first jab. Without surprise the first attack was to my lower left back, then my shoulder, and the last one, the stab that really makes me want to punch him in the face. Jimin jabbed me in the only fleshy part of my body: the back of my upper thigh. As soon as the pressure let off, and Jimin let out an expectant giggle; I threw off my layers of covering, pushing the younger member down into whatever havoc lay on the floor beneath him.

“You’re so annoying! Why is it always you? Can’t a normal person come tell me to get up?” I angrily pick through one of the piles and find something moderately close to wearable. “Get out of my room!” I stand and turn around to look at Jimin still laughing under the pile of bedding. If I wasn’t so irritated with him, I could have laughed just because of how genuine he looked as he watched me huff around the room with his wrinkled-eye smile. Before his luminous aura could breach my darkness, I spun around and stomped from the room yelling: “Close the door when you leave!”


 

    “Can’t we have Sunday’s off, Hyung?” Taehyung, the second youngest whined to Namjoon. Namjoon was the leader of Bangtan, even though he was three years younger than me and four years younger than Jin, the eldest.

“If it was up to me we would, but we have to do whatever Manager-nim says,” Namjoon replied, echoing Taehyung’s yawn while unlocking the door to our studio. In a pile rather than a line, we all enter and go our usual directions. The dance unit dropped their bags to the side and immediately found music to start warming up to. Jin-Omma sat down in the corner, and unpacked the breakfast he wasn’t able to eat at home. Namjoon and I began to cross the dance studio into a little hall that led to our separate walk-in closet sized sound studios.

I came to the door of my studio and pulled out my keys to unlock it. I then proceeded to push the door open and flip on the two light switches. The cool air overwhelmed my exposed skin; the coolness was the way I always had it so I’d be able to wear my thick hoodies and beanies comfortably. I walk in and began to pull out my huge plush leather chair so I could drop down into it. “Aaaaaiihhh!” I stretch and clap, as I then begin to go around the loop and turn on all of the equipment. “Alright, let’s do this.”

 

I sigh, rubbing the strain from my eyes, having been staring at my computer screen for the past 6 hours. The song I was working on continued its loop until I slammed down on the space bar, cutting off everything blaring through my headphones. I slip my headphones off and then let them rest around my neck.

“Hey,” Namjoon knocks on the door and pushes it open wider. “Manager-nim is here. He wants to tell us all something, but he won’t start until we’re all in there.”

I roll my eyes. Our manager doesn’t come see us unless we’re about to get a mountain of work. “Alright.” I mumble, taking off my headphones and setting them aside. I rose from my seat and began to follow Namjoon out of the studio.

 

As I proceed through the door to the small conference room after Namjoon, Hoseok hands me a paper bag, containing the usual lunch Jin packs for each of us. I pull out the small covered bowl of rice and chopsticks, dropping the bag into an open chair against the wall behind everyone. Manager-nim’s on the phone, so the entire room is silent except for his fast, angry, slurred words to whoever the unlucky victim was on the other side of the line.

A couple of minutes go by until he finally hangs up, and with a heavy sigh, he turns to look at us. His mouth was wearing an incredibly fake smile which pulled at his cheeks, making his wrinkles even more visible, if possible.

“Hello Bangtan, it’s been awhile since I’ve last seen you all. Everyone seems to be doing well and working hard.” His eyes glide over us all. It hadn’t been that long since he came to break the news of our month long comeback debut of nonstop labor, but no one seems to notice or say anything. “Well, I have news you all will enjoy.” He grins for a dramatic pause. “You’re comeback was a success! Such a success that I and a few other officials have come to an agreement to let all of you take a break and go on a trip.”

My chopsticks pause at my mouth, just grazing my lips as I glance to the side to lock eyes with Namjoon. We both met each other with the same surprised and confused stare. I raise an eyebrow and he shrugs in response, mouth agape, looking back up at the manager. Manager-nim now wore a smug look of satisfaction, supposedly having received the reaction he had hoped for.

“I know you all must be surprised and you all have questions. So, you will be going to a small island just off the coast of Busan you will be there for two weeks. This trip will be only to relax and spend time to yourselves. While you are there, you will have no promotions, photoshoots, filmings….” His fingers intertwine forming prayer hands. “This is purely a reward for all of your hard work. You’ve done very well for yourselves and deserve a rest.” He nods and looks from one end of our line to the other. “Now! Clean up here, go back to your dorms and start packing!” He flips his wrist and looks at the clock face. “You must be ready to leave for the airport by 2100 tonight! Have fun, Bangtan Boys.” after that ending comment, he leaves without another look.

We all sit in silence for what feels like hours, until Namjoon breaks the silence. “O-Okay, well, I guess we should head back home and get ready…” He says with a tone of settled disbelief.

I look around at the other members’ blank expressions. No one knows what to do with themselves, so they remain in place. I sigh and stand up. “Ayye!” All of the wide eyes shift on me, “You heard him, get going!”


 

“What do we even bring?” I ask myself aloud, rummaging through the many piles on my floor; finding and tossing random articles of clothing I deemed decent smelling, onto my bed to be packed. I’ve already collected my bathroom and other personal belongs that couldn’t be left behind, but am completely ignorant on what clothes needed to be packed and brought with. What was the weather going to be like? What island? On the drive home when I google mapped Busan  I couldn’t figure out what island our manager was speaking of. There definitely were no close ones that fit the idea of being a ‘vacation spot’.  Just hope for the best, Yoongi.

“Yoongi hyung!” Jimin throws open the door, a huge grin overwhelming his chubby face, “Do you need help packing?” He asks walking in without any sort of invitation.

“No. Why don’t you worry about your own packing?” I replied watching as he made his way to my bed.

“I’ve already finished.” He replied, starting to fold the articles of clothing on the bed into perfect little rectangles.

I look back down at the pile I was currently dissecting and decided I had enough. I pushed the mountain of clothing away from me towards the colossus one I had formed while searching and stood up. “I need to find a bag.”

“Do you have one? If not I could--”

“I have one,” I cut off Jimin’s offer, my cheeks growing hot at the accidental snippy-ness in the tone of my voice. Though it obviously hadn’t affected the younger since he just chuckled to himself and continue folding.

I stomped over to the avalanche that was my closet and began my tread to the inner caverns. Flopping down on top of the pile, I reach as far down into the mass as I could until the tips of my fingers found the familiar charm on the zipper of my duffle. With a half down my hand came into contact with the strap and I pulled back. A flood of randoms came up with it and another lopsided indent was formed. I slid down and got to my feet, emptying the few contents of the bag as I walked back to the bed, dropping it down in the open area once overwhelmed by the now neatly folded piles of clothing.

“I grabbed a few extra things for you hyung, you needed more warm weather clothes… And clean underwear.” Jimin chuckled, as my face grew warm and obviously bright red. “I think this is going to be a lot of fun. We haven’t had a vacation in a long time.” Jimin continued, “Do you think it's only a vacation?”

I stare down into my almost fully packed bag, “I’m not really sure,” I run a hand through my hair, “We’ll just have to wait and see… Hope for the best.” I look over. At first his eyes appeared glazed, but almost immediately when he realized my attention, his normal overly cheerful grin overwhelmed his features.

Jimin worrying wasn’t uncommon, but it wasn’t very often he let it show through. All of us want this trip to be real, but it could go either way with their manager’s strike record; definitely a hit or miss scenario.

“Either way, we’ll definitely have fun. We always figure out a way to make it fun when it’s the seven of us.” Jimin pulled up his knees and hugged them to his chest. “It’s weird though, right? That Manager-nim just decided we needed a break? He’s never felt that way before…” Jimin said resting his chin on his knees, staring at my face with questioning eyes.

I zipped up my bag and pushed it to the floor where it landed with a loud hollow thud and then dropped down heavily onto my bed the sudden weight change not even causing Jimin to stir. I sigh loudly and lay back with an arm propped under my head. “It is a little strange… And you’re right, I see no difference in our progression or amount of work in this comeback then any other…” I turned my head and met eyes with Jimin, this time for some reason my heart began beating significantly faster. His face held a soft expression and his plump lips curved up slightly into a resting smile. He had the most flawless facial structure. He was perfectly proportioned and I could honestly just keep staring at him forever… Staring… Oh god, I’m staring.

For what felt like the thousandth time, my face grew warm and I quickly turned my head to stare up at my ceiling. Jimin laughed, probably at my ridiculous reaction, I wonder if he realized why, oh god, I hope not.

“I like spending time with you, Yoongi-ssi. You’re so different from usual.” I heard Jimin say; his tone of voice was drenched in his eye smile and I really, really wanted to see it.

I sat up and ran a hand through my hair and looked over at my nightside table to check the time. “It’s already 7:40, we should go see if Jin’s cooking dinner; we should eat before we leave.”

Jimin nodded and rolled from the bed, landing with a foot to the floor and a knee still resting on the edge of the mattress. He held out his hand in my direction, “Okay, come on.”

I looked at his slightly curled fingers and then up at his face, and with a mountain of hesitation slowly took his hand, barely applying any pressure. In return, his fingers curled around mine and he quickly yanked me up, pulling me from the bed. In a flash my body went up, but my foot caught onto one of the many anythings on my floor and my face slammed into his much harder than expected chest. His hand held reassuringly onto my waist, and with a light chuckled asked, “Hyung are you okay?”

My nose had a burning feeling to it but I wasn’t able to look him in the face. I gained my footing and stepped away from him, staring down at nothing in particular. My hand instinctively moving to rub at my already sore nose, “I’m fine.”

Gently, a warm hand cupped my chin and lifted, forcing my eyes to move up and meet the younger’s above. His expression was soft, but slightly creased with concern. He scanned my face and watched as my hand left my nose and made place on my chest; my heart pounding achingly into my rib cage.

A quick laugh escaped Jimin’s lips, “Hyung, you’re nose is bright red.” He giggled and tapped a quick finger on it and my eyes squeezed shut for an instant at the sudden pressure it left. “You should probably put some ice on it. Let’s go I’ll get you some.” He shifted away from me and began walking toward the door pulling me by the hand I hadn’t realized still gripped his.




 

“Does everyone have everything?” Jin asked as he opened the trunk of the van that would undoubtedly be taking them to the airport. In a line we handed out bags to our Jin Omma and he stacked them in like a tetris master. All of us then got into the van, our ‘carry-on’ bags shoved between our own legs. Jin slammed the trunk shut and got it sliding the van door shut, “I hope no one forgot anything!” All at once we groaned an annoyed ‘no’.

“I can’t wait to see where we’re going!” Taehyung said way too loudly.

“Me either!” Jungkook replied at the same frequency as the other.

Jin sighed loudly in disapproval and turned in his seat with a finger to his lips, immediately quieting down the two youngers before they continued their excited conversation.

I sighed and reached between my knees into my bag. Searching for only a few blind seconds, I pulled out my ipod with my headphones wrapped around it. I took the buds in my fingers and slowly unwound the mint green cord, while I let my eyes wander around the cab. Our placement in a vehicle was always the same: Jin in the passenger seat, Hoseok and Namjoon in the first row seats, Jimin and I in the second, and then Thing One and Two in the very back with any of the left over baggage. The car ride seemed like it was going to be fairly quiet, except for the hushed conversation behind me.

I separated the earbuds, pulled the right one to my ear, and played whatever was on the unlocked ipod screen. It was one of the many instrumentals I’d created, and it still needed lyrics to it. It was fairly soft compared to what I usually made; there was a lot more piano and even a little violin in the background. Jungkook’s voice would be really nice for the beginning, Taehyung’s when the pace picks up just before where the chorus is going to be and Jimin’s for the chorus, that would just be--

“Yoongi-ahh…” Jimin hummed, tapping his fingers against the back of the seat, his eyes scanning my face.

He must have been trying to get my attention, he almost never puts -ah at the end of my name… I kind of like it…

“Hyung? Hello?” Jimin leaned across the seat and looked directly into my eyes, and raised an eyebrow.

“What?” I replied, fake annoyance lacing my voice.

“What are you listening to? You were totally out of it.” Jimin chuckled and rested his chin in the palm of his hand; elbow digging into the center seat cushion.

“A song I’m trying to write lyrics to,” I replied pausing the song while removing the remaining earbud. “I was piecing together who’d sing what… You know…” I ran a hand through my hair, and let it rest on the back of my neck. “Did you want something?” I cocked my head towards the smiling younger, he seems to always have a smile on his face…

“Oh, uhm, no, not really… Just bored.” He sat up and pulled a leg underneath him as he shifted to face towards me more directly. “Talk to me.”

“What? Why? What about?” I raised an eyebrow and dropped my arm letting it rest where Jimin was leaning moments before.

“I dunno, anything.” Jimin looked back at Taehyung and Jungkook, who were in the middle of some kind of game. “We could play a game..?” He paused, “Like, Twenty questions? That’s easy enough, you don’t have to do all that much. Just ask and answer questions.”

“I know how to play twenty questions.” I snapped, why do I always seem so irritated with him? Stop being a jerk. “Yeah, sure. You go first.”

“Okay! Hmm… I’ll start easy… What’s your favorite color?”

I thought for a moment, “White… Uhm, what’s your favorite number?”

“Three, it’s my lucky number.” He eye smiles holding up his pinkie, ring, and middle finger, making an O with his index finger and thumb. I didn’t know that… Weird… Same. “My turn… Describe yourself in three words.”

“That isn’t a question.”

“Pretend that it is.”

“Fine; glutinous, rice, cake.” I said lifting a finger for each word. Jimin erupted into way too hard laughter, and for some reason made my cheeks heat up. “What? It works right?”

“Yeah, its just… Cute.” Jimin sputtered through laughs.

“Shut up.” I shoved his shoulder, “It’s my turn. Why do you feel the need to annoy me? You have so many others to choose from.”

Jimin’s laughter subsided but his smile remained. “Because I like being around you.”

Before I could stop myself, I blurted: “ Why?”

Jimin chuckled, closed one eye, and wiggled a finger at me. “Ah, ah, ah, you already asked a question, it’s not your turn anymore. it’s my turn! What’s your favorite thing about me?” He grinned.

Oh god, oh god, what?! That has to be against some set of rules somewhere right? How do I answer… What can I say and not sound creepy… Wait, why am I freaking out? It’s just a question. Chill out. “What? Why would I have a favorite thing about you?” Ouch, that came out way meaner than anticipated.

Jimin’s plump bottom lip jutted out, “Ah, come on, Yoongi-ahh…”

My heart thumped in my chest, his face… No, I can’t say that. I sighed obnoxiously, and crossed my arms, “Fine, let me think for a second… Your eye smile, how genuine you always look when you smile.” I replied looking out the window, not wanting to show my redness.

Jimin was quiet, why hasn’t he said anything?! I shouldn’t have said it. . .

“Thank you, hyung.” He replied as his warm hand rested lightly on my elbow. My body stiffened at the presence, and I turned my head slightly to sideways glance at the younger. The expression on his face was strange, not in a bad way, but definitely foreign. I’d never seen such a soft hazy look on Jimin’s face before. Again my heart thumped noticeably in my chest.



 

“Alright! We’re all checked in!” Jin said loudly through his pink face mask. “Let’s grab some snacks and then go wait to board our flight, it’s…” He checked his watch “2015 right now, and we start boarding at 2035, so everyone needs to hurry up.”

I unlock my phone and set a timer for 15 minutes. I probably won’t take that long but… better safe than sorry. I picked up my back and put my arms through the straps, and turned to scan the surrounding stores. A small coffee shop catches my eye, I won’t be able to sleep on the plane anyway, might as well. I started toward the tiny shop and not surprisingly, almost as soon as I took my first step was called after.

“Hyung! Wait for me!” Jimin whined, his light footsteps growing nearer.

“Why? You don’t even drink coffee.” I turned my head in his direction and brought a hand up to adjust my white mask. Jimin wore dark sunglasses and a backwards turned snapback. It was really late, and the airport wasn’t all too busy, but we could never be too safe.

“Yeah, but they probably have cute little cakes and cookies.” Jimin smiled, getting in step next to him.

“Hm,” I grunted in agreement.

As we neared the door Jimin rushed to open it. He swiftly swung it open and held it open. “After you.” He tilted down his head slightly and made a gesture motioning for me to enter. I half smiled and nodded in thanks as I brushed past him, continuing directly to the counter. A small blue haired girl who looked no older than me was leaning behind the counter; she looked as bored as ever. When she noticed Jimin and I enter, she stood up straight and got a huge grin on her face. “Hello! Welcome Koffeeia! What can I get for you today?”

“Uhh, Hi, can I get a dirty Chai and one of the chocolate layered cakes right in front…” I said as I leaned over and pointed into the circular glass dome.

“Alrighty, and for you sir?” She asked boxing the small sweet.

“Can I get one of the strawberry layered cakes and two of the heart shaped sugar cookies. Please?” Jimin flashed a quick smile, and the girl’s cheeks went pink.

“O-of course.” She stuttered collecting the cakes and pressing a button to begin heating the sweet smelling liquid. “Together right?”

“Uh n--” I stopped short, looking over at Jimin who had his bottom lip stuck out and made two soft whimpers. I sighed, “Yeah, together.”

“Okay, that’ll be 25000 won.” She said looking at me, seemingly trying to avoid looking Jimin’s direction.

I nodded and then pulled out my wallet, taking out the exact amount in cash and placed it into the girl’s hand.

She counted it out real quick and then placed it into the register, “Okay, your drink should ready in about two, three minutes.”

I nodded and watched as she turned her back to us to continue the ‘process’ of making my drink. I grabbed my small boxed sweet and handed Jimin his bag of goodies and shuffled over to the small counter to the side where they place the finished beverages. Jimin plopped down into a nearby chair and opened up his cake box. I watched as he removed the small plastic spoon attached to the side of the container and then stabbed it into the shiny pink treat. He sliced away one of the small corners and brought it to his lips, pausing for a moment to breath in the sugary scent before parting his lips and inserting it, humming happily in response. “This is so good, it’s so sweet. Wanna try some?” He asked standing and coming towards me before I gave a response. He sliced away a small piece, and held it up near my mouth. “Ahh...”

I looked at my reflection in his shaded glasses and hesitantly opened my mouth. Delicately he placed the small spoon my mouth and I instinctively sealed my lips around it. He chuckled and slowly pulled it out; leaving my mouth with a small pop. It was incredibly sweet and the sugariness of it hurt the roof of my mouth, but Jimin’s smile made it all the better. “So?” He asked taking another bite himself.

I mushed it with my tongue once before swallowing, and responded, “Good, really sweet, very strawberry-ie?”

Jimin chuckled around the spoon, “Yeah, I love strawberry.”

I smiled back and turned around just in time to face the blue haired girl with my finished drink in hand. “Here you are.” She smiled sliding it onto the small counter.

I grabbed it and with a half smile and nod, “Have a good night.”

“Thank you, you too!” She waved as Jimin and I exited the cafe.

I sipped the hot beverage and sighed contently at the familiar flavor.

“How is it?” Jimin asked finishing off the last bit of his strawberry sugar sponge.

“Good, hot, but good. Just the way I like it, not too much coffee and just the right amount of chai.” I took another sip and then grinned. Jimin cocked his head to the side and smiled back.

“Can I try?” He asked, throwing away the cake box, and then wiping his hands on his jeans.

I narrowed my eyes, staring at him; do I want to share…? He did give me some of his cake… Goddamn that stupid beautiful smile. “Fine.” I huffed handing over the warm paper cup. Jimin took it carefully and brought it to plush lips; letting the lid rest against his bottom lip as he blew at the steam streaming from the small opening. Cautiously he tilted the cup up and jumping slightly at the instant burn that hits and then fades away almost as instantly as it happens. After his sip he unbound the lucky plastic from his mouth and handed it back. “What do you think?”

“It suits you for sure.” He replied his lips.

“What does that mean?” I asked taking another sip, trying to remain calm with the image of Jimin’s mouth on the same lid moments before still plastered in my mind.

“It’s bitter at first, but leaves a sweet taste behind.” Jimin smiles sliding his glasses down his nose a bit, revealing just enough of his eyes, to wink.

My cheeks slowly grew warm, and suddenly the timer I set went off, startling us both. I quickly removed it from my pocket and turned it off. “We have to get to our gate, we start boarding in five minutes.” Jimin nodded in response and grabbed hold of my hand, pulling me at a fast, steady pace behind him.