How it all started......

Our Secret Time

The sun was brightly shining down on our heads, the wind was gently blowing through the trees…..it was a perfect day, almost like a dream. My thoughts were interrupted by an urgent voice “Jane, do you trust me?!?!?” I looked up only to be met by a handsome face. “I do trust you but….” My voice trailed off. Honestly, never was I more terrified in my life than I was in this moment. I could feel my eyes beginning to water, as a tear rolled down my cheek. Kai reached up to wipe my tear away. He pressed his forehead to mine as he gently my hair. I could tell that he was trying to get me to calm down, just like he would do when I was having trouble sleeping at night. “We don’t have much time” He whispered before gently kissing my forehead. I looked up into his deep brown eyes….not wanting to move. “Whatever happens, I promise I will never let go of your hand!”

All of a sudden shouts could be heard from behind us “There they are!” “We have to jump!....We have to do it now!” Kai shouted to me. Then without waiting for a response, he grabbed my hand and pulled me off the cliff. I could feel myself falling; I looked down and pulled air into my lungs right before my body hit the water. I could feel myself spinning as the water whirled around me. It was getting faster and faster, the force was pulling me down deeper and deeper into nothingness. My eyes were shut, and I couldn’t breathe. Suddenly everything stopped! I was surrounded by complete and utter darkness. I was no longer surrounded by water but by air, I deeply breathed in the oxygen. I could feel the cold ground beneath my body, and something warm….Kai’s hand was still strongly holding onto mine. I let my thoughts wander, thinking about the past…remembering how it had all started………………………………….............................

My head snapped up as the professor slammed shut the book, classes were over for the day. I quickly collected my notes and books, and stuffed them into my book bag. As I headed out of the classroom, I could feel people staring at me. I sighed inwardly....I knew what they were thinking about me, but it didn't matter. People had always thought I was stuck-up. It had been the same in high school, and things had not changed since I started college. Inside I knew they were wrong about me, and yet I understood why they thought of me that way. I never made any effort to speak to anyone.....how could I? I never had the time, my grades were my life. I reached my dorm room in no time; the building I lived in was close to my classes so I never had to walk much. I ran up to the third floor where I lived, unlocked my door, and collapsed on my bed. I was the only girl that locked her door on the hall, but I refused to trust anyone. There had been thefts in the dorm before, even though it was a girl's dorm. I breathed deeply and closed my eyes, it would be time to start on my homework soon....but I wanted to relax, just for ten minutes.

I tried to clear my mind but it was impossible, I kept thinking about the past....about my parents. My thoughts were interrupted as the door to my room banged open. "Jane!!" cried Jenny as she threw herself on my bed. "What is it, What happened?!?!?" terror seized my heart as I looked down at my best friend. "I have good news!!!" she yelled. I watched in horror as Jenny jumped on my bed and did a little dance. I released my breath, not realizing that I had been holding it in. "Can you be a little less dramatic?!" I exclaimed..."I thought something bad had happened by the way you were acting, you know thats the last thing I need right now." Jenny bit her lip as she settled back down on my bed. "Ah, yes I'm sorry...I just got excited" she squealed as she reached for my hand. I responded with a half-hearted smile and asked "So....what's this exciting news?" "WE'RE GOING TO KOREA THIS SUMMER!!!!" Jenny whispered with her eyes wide open.

I didn't want her to know that I was disappointed, so I gave her what I thought was my best smile. However I was torn....not only would I have to spend the summer without my only friend, but I was sad at the fact that she would be able to go where I had always dreamed of going. Jenny continued rambling on, but I could no longer hear what she was saying. "Jane, did you hear what I said?" Jenny grabbed my face and forced me to look at her, "You're coming with me!!!". I thought I had heard wrong, maybe because I wanted to go so badly my brain was deceiving me. "Wait, what did you say??" Jenny smiled wider than I had ever seen her smile before. "My parents said that they will pay for your ticket!!, they know that I've always wanted to go but they absolutely refuse to let me go by myself" Jenny made a pouty face before continuing. "Anyway when I told them that I'm going this summer, they agreed that I was old enough to travel without them, but only under the condition that you would come with me.....they said that they know you would make sure I stayed out of trouble...like I need watching over..." Jenny grumbled under her breath. My heart started racing with excitement. I grabbed Jenny's hands as we started twirling around the room, squealing like little girls. My dream was finally going to come true....