Final

Awkward

 

Fatigue looks on the members' face doesn't go unnoticed by Sunggyu as he finally calls it a break after realising they have been practicing for four hours straight. Plus, he might have been slightly attracted (ually of course) towards Woohyun's sweaty body that is wrapped by a black wife beater that look goddamn nice on him and the occasional smirks that follows whenever he is caught staring at the other from the mirror.

As soon as the music stops, they heaves a long relieve sigh. Sunggyu immediately walks towards Woohyun and grabs the latter outside the humid practice to God-knows-where.

"They must've gone to ," Myungsoo says with a snort right after those two safely walks out of the dance practice room. Hoya snickers,

"Yeah you can practically sees Woohyun eye- our leader," Dongwoo laughs at that, having no comments on the topic other than go with the flow.

Sungjong looks unfazed- he's adapted by his hyungs' dirty jokes and occasional disses to whoever. He's just so goddamn tired and hungry to even care about anything.

"I'm going to buy us food. Who wants to follow?" He stands up from his position and eyes everyone.

Sungyeol is the first one to reply as he lets out a high-pitched squeal, making Myungsoo chuckles at the cuteness and a person to be unusually quiet.

"Buy me Americano!" Sungjong glares,

"I never know hyung are deaf," Sungyeol pouts and glares at the maknae, about to retort but Myungsoo beat him to it, standing up from his position,

"Never mind, Yeol, I'll buy you Americano," Sungyeol smiles sincerely at that,

"Really? Thanks Myungsoo you're my lifesaver!" Myungsoo has those red-tinted cheeks that he claims as the humidity of the room acting on it and never because of Sungyeol.

Dongwoo stands up, being the angel he is he decides to tag along so the maknae will not feel alone.

Sungjong stares at the quiet Hoya before the latter meet his stare and silently shakes his head, signalling he's not following them. Somehow, Sungjong just knows that his hyung has a major crush on somebody so he winks at him, silently encouraging his hyung to make the best of this golden opportunity. He turns towards Sungyeol with a knowing smile,

"Sungyeol hyung you're not following?" Sungyeol remains rooted at his place- leaning against the mirror with his long limbs sprawled out. He shakes his head,

"I think I'll pass. I'm too tired to even stand at this point," The three bids them goodbye before leaving the room with two most awkward people in this earth.

Truthfully, Sungyeol can't stay alone with Hoya since the other is just so awkward when alone with him. He silently hopes that Hoya suddenly had something to do and just leave him alone because he's just goddamn tired to deal with that.

The atmosphere inside the practice thickens to the extend it suffocates Sungyeol. So he clears his throat,

"Uhmm, don't you have something to do, Hoya?" Hoya who is staring at his own reflection in the mirror for some time now, turns his face in a disinterest manner. He shrugs coolly- making Sungyeol rolls his eyes,

"Ugh can you just like stop being so damn cold towards me?! Like I don't even hold any grudges towards you and you know how we are awkward towards each other so can't you just do us a favour by disappearing from my sight?" Sungyeol pants as he finally finishes saying what's inside his heart.

A flash of hurt appears on Hoya's face making Sungyeol widens his eyes as he realizes what he just said. He knows he's wrong, but he can't help -it's his nature to be straight forward about everything.

Hoya stands up, about to turn his heels away when Sungyeol stutters,

"Wa-wait, Ho-Hoya," Despite his fatigueness, he stands up and walks fast to Hoya who's just standing still at his spot.

Sungyeol grabs his arm and inhales,

"Look, I'm sorry, okay? It's because the atmosphere is too thick and you know how I at being so awkward and I kinda hate that kind of situation where you go all silent and not talking and..." Sungyeol trails off as he realizes Hoya staring deep at him. He knows he's just babbling about useless stuff again, but it can't be helped,

"I'm sorry, I'm babbling again I just- -" Hoya chuckles, and it might makes Sungyeol heart skipped a beat at the sound of it,

"It's okay, I like your weird unusual babbling. It's cute," And Sungyeol swears he had never been so red and embarrassed as he is now. Perhaps his redden cheeks boost Hoya's confidence up as he speaks again with a much playful tone,

"I never met a noisy person like you. You're so straightforward, and that's what I like about you. Oh, that eyes though. You can never hate that doe-like eyes, twinkling in hope and shining bright like stars on the starry sky,"

Sungyeol looks away, breaking the staring contest they're having. Hoya then clears his throat as he suddenly realizes that he's nearly caught. Nice move, Hoya, very nice, He mentally scolds himself for being so obvious.

Sungyeol then grins wickedly, looking mischievously back at Hoya who suddenly looks all flustered, Payback time, Hoya

"Wow, I never thought this day would come. I've been practically waiting forever for this day to happen." Hoya looks a bit red, as he tries to find a remark. Then he settles for a lame,

"What do you mean?" With the most straight face he could possibly put on but the red tints give it away (at least he tried). Sungyeol laughs, then shakes his head smilingly, raising his eyebrow with a smirk,

"Aigoo our Howonnie is so cute being all flustered in front of his crush. I think you can stop the straight face, Hoya, you couldn't think that I wouldn't realise your little, no, big crush on me?"

Hoya gaps and widens his eyes- cheeks rosy and he stutters for a reply, which Sungyeol thinks is really cute especially the mighty Hoya turns all cute in front of him. It's a very rare sight for him, really, Lee Howon is really one of a kind.

"Wh-When di-did I--" Sungyeol did the most unthinkable things afterwards as he moves forward and catches Hoya's stuttering lips on his own in a peck.

He smiles seeing Hoya so flustered and he backs away before shrugging at the confused Hoya,

"What? I'm just doing you a favour," Hoya blinks- simultaneously open and close his mouth, looking for some idea, just something to say but to no avail. He kinda admits that he really is the biggest loser in this world, apparently in front of his crush.

"Hello, well I didn't expect my not-so-secret admirer is actually a wood? Or perhaps a human-looking robot that has not yet programmed into responding to a kiss?" Then he gasps loudly,

"Perhaps that was your first kiss? Omo I'm so sorry I just--" Hoya made a very daring move as he leans forward and captures Sungyeol's plump pink lips. Sungyeol immediately responds, moving closer to Hoya as the other deepens the kiss, his arms wander around Sungyeol's torso.

Sungyeol moans slightly as Hoya grazes his fingers across his s, making access for Hoya's tongue to enter the taller's mouth. Perhaps he finally realizes that he's kissing his crush, or the realization that it's about time the members got back from buying food, making him reluctantly breaks the kiss.

Sungyeol whines a bit before he also reluctantly pulls away, breathing heavily as his eyes clouded with desire and lust to continue. He stares at Hoya and the latter complies, having that intense staring competition before the atmosphere turns hot again and Hoya knows he gotta do something before he lose himself completely.

He breaks the intense stare and clears his throat, looking anywhere except Sungyeol.

Okay...This is awkward... He wonders whether he had to just be honest with his crush or continues to push him away and denies this feeling because this hot make-out is probably just a one-time-thing for Sungyeol. Plus, he knows how Myungsoo also has a big crush at him. I mean, come on, who can hate Lee Sungyeol?

And the fact that Myungsoo has been Sungyeol's best friend for the longest time made him realizes he stand no chance so he better back off for good.

"Yah! Are you really planning on ignoring me or you have something to say-since you've been making all these weird expressions?" Hoya then gasps as it dawns to him that he's been spacing off.

"Uhmm, yeah I--" He blurts. Sungyeol crosses his arms, waiting for Hoya to continue. Hoya takes a deep breath after contemplating the action, maintaining his most straight face (again).

"I actually have nothing to say to you. That, just now, is just a one-time-thing okay? I was carried away, you know, since it's been months since I've last dated people," He knows he probably had hurt Sungyeol judging from the latter's expression. He turns away, wanting to exit this stuffy room because God why does his chest hurts so much right now?

Knowing that he wouldn't stand a chance being Sungyeol's lover, he decided to be a gentleman and sacrifice his love just to make Sungyeol happy. What he never realizes is Sungyeol isn't gonna let that happen, though.

Grabbing Hoya's arm, Sungyeol turns him back to him, eyes burning in anger. He releases his arms and starts shouting,

"Why are you being such an ?!" Hoya being a bit clueless on how to react, start shouting as well,

"Why are you dragging me back? We have absolutely nothing to discuss!" Sungyeol backs away and scoffs, clearly amused with Hoya's denial,

"Seriously? So all those staring and squealing in delight because Yeollie is really cute is nothing to you? It's just a one-time-thing only? You really think that kiss just now is nothing? If so, said it while looking at my eyes. Admit that you never have a big crush on me!" Hoya gapes, as he knows he can't do it.

As if he reads Hoya's mind, he smirks, looking rather accomplish,

"See, you do have feelings for me! I knew it since you're ing obvious. If not, you wouldn't be all awkward when alone with me. Also, I accidentally hears someone screaming my name silently while doing their job in the bathroom at night," Hoya is lost- he clearly didn't expect Sungyeol would know out of all people. And all this time he thought he had been doing an excellent job in hiding his crush. A great job, Hoya, you deserve an award.

"Well, but I didn't mind all of that. Because you know, you're not alone, Hoya," Sungyeol blushes as he finally said that. He never thought Hoya is dumb, the kiss means he's also feeling the same. But yeah, maybe Hoya needs some words to be convinced. Or maybe Hoya is really the biggest in this world.

"I, you, I mean, we, wait, What?" Sungyeol laughs, Hoya still manages to look utterly awkward and cute at the same time (how is that even possible), and he likes that about Hoya.

"Yes, Lee Howon, I love you too," He utters in complete bliss before he wraps his arms around a very flustered and confused Hoya.

It takes a moment before Hoya understands fully and when he does, he immediately replies the hug, while his mouth breaks into the biggest smile ever in his life.

When they break away, Sungyeol had frozen by the looks on Hoya's face. Hoya is smiling gleefully, and that just make him falls in love with the Busan Guy even more because he's the reason behind the smile.

"Wow, just wow," Hoya raises his eyebrow at Sungyeol's surprised face,

"I never know you can look this beautiful when you smile. Heck, I probably have never seen you smile off camera. And to make things happier is that I am the reason for this beautiful smile present on the handsome face of Lee Howon,"

Hoya breaks in a chuckle, and for the first time Sungyeol never felt so happy. Hoya has this effect on him, since the latter rarely shows his happy side to anybody and that made Sungyeol felt so special.

"Oh God I love you so much Lee Sungyeol," Hoya confesses before claiming Sungyeol's lips again as he wraps his arms around Sungyeol. They kiss slowly this time, wanting to feel and indulge each other's presence even more. Hoya pulls away and smiles again, not believing that Sungyeol, his crush, actually like him back. Wow.

"I still can't believe it," Hoya mutters, making Sungyeol hums from his shoulder (the taller had rested his head on Hoya's shoulder).

"That you like me. Like, I can never believe that you like me. I thought I should just back off from you because Myungsoo likes you," Sungyeol jolts himself and stares him, surprised with the statement,

"Eh? Myungsoo likes me? What? I can never like him, he's forever gonna be my best friend. And it's you that I love, not Myungsoo," Hoya kiss his forehead in a loving manner. Then he continues, voice sounding more mischievous as if he wants to tease Hoya,

"Ahh, so this is the reason of the Korean Drama act you put up just now? The I-am-willing-to-sacrifice-my-love-just-to-make-him-happy one?" Hoya nods embarrassingly, making Sungyeol knocks his head,

"Yah! Why on earth would you think that way?! You're lucky I'm not the heroin-like character. If not, the continuation of the drama will be me watching your back leaving, and then crying my heart out at the thought of you leaving me. And then we will live our life unhappily with all those misunderstands until the last episode. And I hate misunderstands. Like can't people just say what's on their mind without hiding something? Yeah I apologize again because you have to hear me rambling again,"

Hoya chuckles, it really amused him how Sungyeol could talk for hours and still manages to look cute.

"It's okay, I've told you before, I like your random babblings, it really amused me," He grins and Sungyeol blushes,

"Yah, are you mocking me right now?" Hoya laughs,

"It can be a 'yes' and a 'no'," And Sungyeol settles for punching Hoya's chest lightly before hiding his face in it to avoid further embarrassment.

"I see, the roles are reversed now, don't you think?" Hoya said, holding Sungyeol's arm to prevent the other from punching his sturdy chest.

"What?" Sungyeol asks slightly confused. Hoya has this lopsided grin on his face,

"Well, now you are the awkward cute potato one. And I'm gonna be the coolest and handsome one. Yeah I can totally see who's the bottom now," He whispered the last sentence, expecting Sungyeol to blush or anything, but instead he sees the confident smirk from him, making him feels this newfound thrill,

"You'll see about it," And Hoya cannot help but to feel excited about this new Sungyeol, this challenging Sungyeol and did he mention that he can't be challenged? He grins again,

"Game on,"