Notice oo1

Notice

Straight, long jet-black hair. Sharp eyes and a pointy nose. A dress up shirt neatly tugged inside her skinny jeans in the front as the back of the shirt was dangling behind her. Skinny jeans that hugged her long legs perfectly and last but not least, flats. That’s what distracted the new transfer student the first second she stepped inside the big school. Captivating. Stunning. Byul-Yi was summing up all kinds of words that the other student would be the definition of. She couldn’t help but tighten her grip on the shoulder strap of her backpack. She felt grow dry as she kept her eyes on the girl who was passing by in what seemed slow motion. She got startled when someone pushed up her chin out of a sudden making her snap her head to the person who disturbed her gawking time.

“Hey you, don’t let you mouth hang open for too long, you might catch flies”

A soft chuckle escaped the lips of the guy who had just pulled her back to her senses. She didn’t understand why he touched her. One he was from the opposite and two they never met before. His hair was neatly combed upwards. Her eyes slowly scanned the figure infront of her as her eyebrows quirked slightly. He was wearing sweatshirt and jeans and on his feet he wore sneakers, really expensive looking sneakers. She noticed that at this school a lot of students were wearing really expensive, fancy looking clothes. Clothes that a girl like her could never afford to buy. She looked back up at his face and saw him looking at her with a curious look.

“Do you not speak English?”

The guy said in a pretty judgemental tone. She frowned a bit before she slightly moved her head from side to side. Ofcourse she knew how to speak English, otherwise her parents would’ve sent her to an international school instead.

“I do speak English. And may I ask you, why are you so touchy? You’re a guy… And a stranger to me”

Byul-Yi was used to the manners back in South-Korea. It was weird for a guy and a girl to show any kind of skinship in public, it was even worse because she didn’t even know the guy. But maybe it was all different here in the States? First day at school and it already seemed to be tuff for her to maybe fit in atleast the slightest.

“Well… I am sorry, but are you on your period or something? I just closed your mouth for you and told you to keep it shut since, everybody could notice that you were gawking at little miss ice princess over there”

The guy sounded a bit offended as he spoke his words before nodding towards the direction the oh so stunning girl went. She didn’t pay much attention to the way he talked to her though, she got it a lot, even back in South-Korea people used to talk to her with a lot of disrespect, even the younger people around her. What caught her attention more was the way he referred to the so called girl. ‘Little miss ice princess’. Well that was something she hadn’t heard before.

“Ice princess? What do you mean? She looks perfectly fine to me? A-and I was not gawking!”

She blushed slightly at the end of her sentence as she realized she was caught red-handed. She totally panicked and didn’t know what to do as he saw through her almost immediately.

“Oh please girl, don’t worry. Maybe it isn’t appropriate to do that from where you come from. But here you can stare at all the sweets as much as you want, even if it means staring at someone from the same gender”

His lips tugged up in wide grin showing his pearl wide teeth as he pinched Byul-Yi’s cheek lightly. Byul-Yi was surprised, it was acceptable here. She wanted to cheer because she could finally be herself in some kind of way, but what if he was lying? Just fooling around with her so that she would make a total fool out of herself.

“Oh yeah, my name is Tucker by the way. I am a third year student here, pleased to meet you”

The guy became politer and politer for some reason and Byul-Yi could only look at him as if he has gone mad as he stuck his hand out for a friendly handshake. After a few seconds she slowly got a hold of his hand and carefully exchanged a friendly hand shake.

“I am Byul-Yi… Moon Byul-Yi”

The guy infront of her raised his eyebrows at the special name she had. It was no confirmed for him that she wasn’t from anywhere near here. Her accent gave it away a bit but her name and the pronunciation of the name was what made it more clear for him.

“Ah… So you’re not from here? I am really sorry, but I don’t think I’ll be able to pronounce your name correctly, is there any other name you go by?”

He kept on a sorry face as he carefully drawed out those words. She bit down on her lower lip slightly, she knew she would stumble upon such a problem as this. Korean names weren’t easy to pronounce and her name was one of those names that no foreigner could pronounce unless they were used to it for some kind of reason. She thought for a bit before nodding slowly, there was a possible way for him to call her out easier. Her surname which was Moon was just simply pronounced as the moon that lightens up every dark night. And the first syllable of her name which was Byul meant star in Korean. Her American friend back in South-Korea either called her Moon or Moonstar. She thought the name Moonstar was somehow a bit ironic since her friend always called her a monster for teasing her and bullying her so much.

“Well… There actually are two or more ways… You can call me Moon, or Moonstar… Or maybe just simply star. The first syllable in my first name is Byul which is Korean for star. So… That makes it much easier right?”

An uneasy smile slowly tugged on her lips as her hand made it’s way up to the back of her head scratching it slightly as he looked at him. Discomfort written all over her face for some reason.

“Well then Moonstar, your name sounds pretty cool like that. I will catch you later alright? Class is about to start so I got to run!”

He turned around and ran off quickly just a second before the bell rang and all the students started to move around her hastily so they could get on time for their class. She looked around and she had actually no idea where she had to be for her first class. And she knew that this would be a long day.

 


 

Well here we go again, this author is trying to clear his name by writing a good fic and actually finishing it this time. I hope you guys will enjoy it. This is just a boring starter so please stay tuned for when the real fun begins!

 

_pinocchio_ out *peacesign*