One.

You Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a week since you last saw Chanyeol. You both had copious amounts of work to complete, given that your mid-term exams were coming up. It's not that you didn't want to hang out with your boyfriend, you couldn't. Studying together always led to the spontaneous study of each other's anatomy. And after you both almost flunked an important CHEM131 test (because Chanyeol insisted on "teaching" you about "friction" and "proper lubrication" instead of organic chemistry) you decided to draw the line. Your main priority was to get good grades. And you wanted the same for Chanyeol.

***

He was upset when you told him he proved to be too much of a distraction and that you thought it would be best if you guys studied separately. He pouted slightly and looked at the ground while you spoke, but he said that he understood and thanked you for caring so much about both your futures. He looked up at you and gave you a sincere smile. You cupped his face in your hands and placed a chaste kiss on his lips and let it linger for a little while. You brushed your thumb over his bottom lip and told him to study hard.

***

You waited in the music room for Chanyeol. Your usual meeting spot, and one of Chanyeol's favorite places. You sat on the desk in front of the class, swinging your legs over the side. You thought about how he'd asked you out in here. 

***

April 15th, 2015 - He told you to follow him after your final class for the day had ended. You did. You had been best friends for 9 years. You developed feelings for him 3 years ago. Never saying anything. Afraid of ruining the bond you already shared with him. Being by his side was more than enough. You were happy as long as he was happy. 

You walked behind him, you could tell that he intended to go to the music room. You didn't think much of it because he often called you over to listen to him play a new song he'd written. Sometimes he'd play the guitar, other times the piano. And when he had lots of energy, even after a tiring day at school, he'd play the drums. Watching Chanyeol play was mesmerizing; he played with so much feeling. It was admirable. He was passionate about everything he did, really. And that made your heart skip a beat. 

You looked at his back as you walked behind him. It was so broad. He made the ugly navy blue school blazer look insanely good. He always had the sleeves rolled up and he wore a plain white T instead of the regulatory white dress shirt. He had messy auburn hair and you thought it made him look wildly y. Your eyes moved downward. His slacks fitted him perfectly. You never thought you'd be attracted to a flat but Chanyeol's was definitely an exception. You blushed slightly. He was your best friend. Your smart, talented, gorgeous best friend that you were madly in love with. You were so wound up in your own thoughts that you walked straight into the music room door. He laughed at you and you told him to shut up. He bit his tongue and smiled at you. His right eye crinkled up slightly, the way it always does when he's really happy. You felt short of breath. He ruffled your hair.

 

"I'm sorry. You know I love you, Y/N." He said softly.

 

You almost choked upon hearing those words.

 

"What did you just- Oh. Oh!" You looked away, laughing nervously. "Y-yeah. I /love/ you too, Chanyeol." You loosened your tie and pulled at the collar of your shirt. It suddenly felt uncomfortably hot. You were sure you were reacting this way only because of what you were thinking earlier. When you looked back at him, he was staring at you. His expression, soft. A smile playing at the corners of his mouth.

 

He reached out and took your hand. You freaked because you were certain it was clammy. Why on earth did he decide to hold your- 

 

"You okay?" You were cut off by his impossibly deep voice. He spoke softly as he lead you to a desk at the back of the class. He motioned for you to sit down. Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter