Prologue

Sparks Behind The Big Screen

Georgina, look at the camera!

Georgina, smile at the camera, baby!

Show me your best pose, Georgina!

Georgina!

Georgina, Georgina!

 

Thousands of blitz flashes through my eyes. Hundreds of I love yous are roaming the evening. Strangers with massive cameras in their hands keep on calling my name asking me for more poses, smiles, duck-faces or what-so-ever. Who knows walking through a short eighteen meters of a red carpet would be this tough and tiring. 

Well, welcome to my world. The world where you cannot keep anything only for yourself because the world, well mainly the cameras, are too fast to find out about everything. 

After the long travel passing through a crowd of people, I finally made it to the center of the glory red carpet. As I arrived at the center of the red carpet, I directly made an elegant pose that has been my signature pose since my very first debut to this entertainment world. I put my right hand on my waist and make sure that my new red-glittered nails are shown to the crowds of people, and cameras. Then I bring my left hand to the tip of my red-wine lips and make an inviting y pose as I tilt up my heads a little so that the jawline of mine would be visible for everyone to see. 

After greeted by thousands, or even millions, of flashes, I finally receive the cue to enter the building. Right, I am currently attending a good friend of mine's movie premiere. He is the great human version of Ken, Adam Bradshaw. Well, the media often refers him to that title, however, even after our six years of friendship, I still can't see a Ken even in an inch part of him. But it does not mean that I hate him or anything, in fact, I love him more than anyone could every imagine. Wait, but it is not the kind of love that everyone would think, I love him just as much as a sister loves her brother. We have been friends since my very first debut so we are practically siblings.

Anyway, I am here to attend his movie premiere. The title is Gun Aimed to My Heart. Well, looking at the title, I assume the movie would show a tragic love story or perhaps the meaning is literal? I don't know. But well, after nodding at the cue, I then gave the last charming smile of mine to the cameras. As I was about to take a step to leave the carpet, I suddenly feel the presence of a demon-like-aura. I, then, decided to take a quick glance to the back and see nothing but to find an on-screen friend of mine, Abby Morales. From that point of time, I am hoping for our eyes to not meet. But unfortunately, when I was trying to take another step to enter the building, I heard a high-pitched annoying voice calling my name.

 

"Georgina! Georgina, is that you? Yes, it's you. Hi, Georgina!"

 

Right at this moment, I wish I could have entered the building sooner. But right now, I don't think I would be able to do that so that leaves me with no other options other than to wear my best smile and turn back to accept her greeting.

 

"Oh Hi, Abby! Oh my, God, you look like an angel in that white dress! Stunning!" 

What?! Angel? Angel? Did I seriously just call her that? Ugh, angel my !

 

"Aw, thank you! You look like one yourself in that soft pink-silver dress! I totally love it!"

Yeah, right! Did she just reply in a sarcastic way?! Oh right, game on, sweetheart! Game on!

 

"Thank you! Right, I should probably get going. I'll see you around?"

 

"What are you talking about, G?"

Ugh, G? I hate it when she does that! I mean who does she think she is calling me G?!

 

Then before I get the chance to reply, she suddenly makes a request to the crew, "Sorry, may I please borrow her for a minute? I would like to give the cameras some shots of the both us?"

 

Without any hesitations, the crew then give the both of us the sign to start posing for the cameras. Seriously, if there weren't any cameras in front of us, I would smack her with my fist already. But lucky her, I can only stand beside her, wearing my fakest-sincere smile, like is that even a word, I have ever worn in my entire life before and pretend like we are each other's missing puzzle piece. After a few shots taken, I finally take my arms away from her waist and start walking to the building.

 

As soon as I arrived in the building, Abby suddenly whispered into my ears, "That was lovely, let's do that again next time!"

 

Before I could grab her hair, she is already making her own way to a group of other actors near the main hall's entrance door. Actors? pft. If you knew the real her, you would not be surprised anymore looking at her always trying to tail a group of actors. Poor her, she just can't stand being with only herself, always asking for a boy to accompany her.

 

"Georgina! Finally, I found you!", suddenly a very familiar voice greeted me and the next thing I know, there is a pair of arms wrapped around me.

 

While being tightly hugged, I steal a quick glance to see the face of the owner of the body that has me wrapped around his long arms. As I look up to the face, I realize that it was Adam. Without any further thoughts, I replied his tight hug with an even tighter hug. Seconds after, we pulled away from each other.

 

"Hey, congratulations on your new movie!"

 

"Thank you, G! It has been such a long time since we last met, we should grab some drinks or something soon!"

 

"Yeah, right, like you could even do that. I mean you will probably be busy with all of the movie promotions and everything."

 

"Haha, you're probably right. But I'll try to make some time, okay? Are you going somewhere, let's say, next week?"

 

"Hmm, I am going to Hongkong for a show. Why? If you were planning to take me for some drinks, forget it! I'm sure you will be very busy, especially next week, and even if you had a free time, you would rather bail on me and become the sleepyhead you originally are. Right?"

 

"Fine, after all of these promotions, I'll make sure we go out for some drinks and catch up with everything. You know me too well now, and you sound too much like my sister."

 

"Isn't that a good thing then? Haha"

 

"At some point, no. Haha, I'm just kidding. Anyway, let's go to the main hall, the show is about to start. And I have reserved you a seat, make sure you sit there and don't focus on the other actors or even actresses. Only me", he said then gave me a wink right after. This kid.

 

Three hours have passed and the show has about to come to an end. As I lay my back against the seat of mine, I feel my phone vibrated. I pulled out my phone out of my white-silver clutch. Riley Hill. I wonder why my manager is calling. I then decided to go out of the hall to take the call.

 

"G's speaking. What's up, Riley?"

 

"Hey, are you still in the movie premiere?"

 

"Yeah, why?"

 

"I'm sorry but I need you to come to the main office now. The people from the award show in Hongkong is here. It seems like we have to fly earlier than we have planned."

 

"What? Why?"

 

"We'll discuss that later. Just come to the main office now. And make sure, you come out through the back door."

 

"Okay, I'll be there soon", I said as I put my phone back into my clutch.

 

 

Author's Note:

This is my very first experience writing a fanfiction. The prologue seems very boring but that is only because I'm planning to take story slow so that all the details can be delivered. Please comment below for any comments or inputs, I would be more than happy to receive them. Thank you :)     - G.W.