Paper or Plastic?

Parenting 101 (911)

tumblr_inline_o51cd2FhCp1u3vk4q_500.gif

- 1200 words - Fluff? - Random idk -

- Summary: Junhoe is pretty sure "grocery store" and "hell" are synonymous -

 

 

This may have or may have not been the worst idea ever, Junhoe thinks as he quite literally runs up the aisle in pursuit of his less-than-cooperative three year old.

 

“HyunAe,” he hisses. The store is packed and the last thing he wants to do is make a scene. “Come over here where I can see you!” But his command falls on deaf ears - HyunAe is chasing after a plastic ball that’s rolling at an alarming speed across the tiled floor and is too distracted to hear her dad's annoyed hiss. Junhoe only agreed to take her along to pick up a few things at the grocery store because he knew that with him gone five days out of seven for work, you get very little time to yourself.

 

["Are you sure you wanna go, Hwe? I can just pick up the stuff tomorrow after I drop her off at the preschool..."

 

"No no no no no I got it. You relax."

 

"Baby, really it's not a big deal-"

 

"Y/N," he whines, sloppily massaging your shoulders, "I got this."]

 

 

He doesn't really. Junhoe is on the brink of kneeling over from an asthma attack; his legs ache, he's about to lose his kid on purpose, and god damnit what aisle are the napkins in?? A streak of neon pink disappears around a bend, catching his eye.

 

“HyunAe. Get. Over. Here.” He backtracks around the other corner in an attempt to cut her off, but fails to notice that there’s someone standing there. The loud clash of metal carts colliding makes his teeth clatter and it seems that the woman he crashed into is just as surprised as he is.

 

“Oh my god, I’m so so sorry,” he bows, “I didn’t see you standing there-”

 

“No no no, it’s fine,” she immediately responds as she bows back. When she looks up at him she freezes for a second before carefully painting a sweet smile on her face. It’s a little too friendly, and Junhoe senses a strange shift in the atmosphere that makes him uneasy.

 

“O-okay,” he takes a step back, “Well, sorry again.” As he tries to flee the scene, the woman surges forward, cart effectively blocking him in the aisle. Junhoe stares back with wide eyes and stutters another apology before trying to get out again. The woman side steps into his path.

 

“Aren't you even gonna tell me your name?” she pouts, “Where are your manners?” Junhoe cringes. It's obvious what she's getting at - I'm hot; you're hot; let's bang - but he's more than not interested. Though she's young and relatively pretty (Junhoe's 99% sure she thinks she's the ), tall and thin, clad in a dress that’s obnoxiously tight and high cut, Junhoe finds himself reeling back from her in mild disgust. He's a married man for god's sake. He wears a ring and everything.

 

“Oh, uh…” Maybe I can still get away without this getting too weird… “I’m Koo Junhoe.”

 

“Junhoe,” she purrs, “What a nice, strong name for such a-” she lets her gaze fall to his feet then sweep slowly up his frame, “-handsome man.”

 

He’s gonna puke. “T-thank you, but I really need to get going-”

 

“Awww, but Junhoe,” she takes a step forward and Junhoe feels like she’s about to pounce on him, “Don’t you wanna get my name first? If you ask nicely, I might even let you have my number.”

 

Oh god. This is the last thing I need right now. “I’m sorry, miss, but I’m actually-”

 

“Oh, come on,” she’s only a foot away now, “Don’t be afraid; I don’t bite… unless you want me to.”

 

Gross gross gross. It’s then that Junhoe realizes HyunAe is nowhere in sight and has been running around alone since he’s been standing there. . “Look, lady,” he starts a little panicked, “I’m sorry, but I reeeeeally need to leave.”

 

And she must not be used to rejection, cause the kind facade is sinking fast. “Why, baby?” she’s asks tightly, “Playing hard to get isn’t gonna work on me, so if you wanna have this conversation at my place...” she reaches out to smooth her hands down the front of his shirt, “maybe we could-”

 

“Actually,” Junhoe snaps, taking a step back and brandishing his left hand impatiently,“Not only am I not interested, I’m married.” It’s rude, but apparently this lady can’t take a hint. “Now if you would kindly excuse me, I need to go find my kid.” He pulls the cart harshly to the side and swerves around the angry roadblock, power walking towards the opposite end of the store.

 

When he's gets a safe ten aisles away, Junhoe pauses to look around. There's throngs of people packing the supermarket, hundreds probably, and suddenly he feels like a three-year-old wandering around alone.

 

"Okay, Junhoe," he thinks aloud, "Don't panic, just think." He closes his eyes and wills away the anxious feeling crawling up his spine, exhales slowly and tries to think clearly. "Where would HyunAe be?" He takes off in a sprint and the loud clap of his shoes on the tile turns several heads, but he could care less. If Junhoe knows anything about his daughter, it’s that she naturally gravitates to colorful things, so he heads for the toy section in hopes of finding her. He throws a quick thanks up to whoever happens to be listening. HyunAe sits on a pink plastic chair, swinging her legs back and forth while calmly flipping pages in the book she’s pretending to read. Thank god.

 

“Come here baby,” he calls breathlessly as he reaches out for her, “I told you to wait for daddy.” HyunAe looks up with a smile then skips over to where Junhoe, weak-kneed and relieved, crouches down.

 

“Daddy!” And there’s no better feeling than having HyunAe safely in his arms, so he stands there for a minute just squeezing her tightly.

 

“I told you not to run off without me, princess,” he sighs, trying to sound like he’s scolding her, but failing miserably, “Don’t scare me like that, okay? Stay right by me.”

 

She nods carefully from where her head is tucked into this neck, “Okay, daddy.”

 

“Now,” he pulls back to nuzzle her nose in an eskimo kiss, “Let’s go finish shopping.”

 

 

 

 

This trip around the store, Junhoe sets HyunAe in the basket (the last thing he needs is a repeat).  He’s up and down the aisles in a flash, and it only takes ten more minutes to gather up the rest of the items on the list he scribbled out that morning.

 

“Hello!” Jinhwan, the tiny cashier at register two, greets him, “Did you find everything all right today?”

 

“Umm...” In the last two hours I considered losing my kid, got hit on, actually lost my kid, somehow managed to grab the two stupid things I actually needed, found my kid, bought a dog leash cause I’m that desperate, and now, on top of it all, you’re taking my money...

 

Junhoe’s eye twitches.

 

“Yeah, everything was fine.”

 

 

Q_VJYHrx-W3GRt-7LxlPZpzxv0sBknyn-ycKUx3J

 

 

A/N:

Am I the only one who’d rather give up my liver than spend hours in a grocery store? Lol poor Junhoe XD Shout out to all of my awesome readers <3 sorry I didn’t update Submission this week, I have to write an essay and I’ve been wasting time like nobody’s business @_@

Aaaaanyways, comment, subscribe, and upvote! ILY

 

 

tumblr_o598bkjGGX1uodvlbo1_500.jpg

 

 

Q_VJYHrx-W3GRt-7LxlPZpzxv0sBknyn-ycKUx3J