Monkey See, Monkey Do

Parenting 101 (911)

tumblr_ngjcbfHLa31tpdtyzo1_500.gif

 

- 600 words - Crack? - Failed attempt at parenting - Chanwoo go home -

- Summary: Be careful what you say in front of a three-year-old. -

 

Junhoe sits cross legged with his back against the couch, thumbs violently jamming down buttons on the game controller as he shoots everything in sight. “No… NO… NO!” He’s half a heart away from dying, but if he can just make it a bit further, he’ll be able to replenish his supplies and heal up. The only problem is Chanwoo, who’s playing on the opposing team, is relentless in his attack.

 

“Die, hyung. Die.” The younger maneuvers his platoon around the side of a building and launches grenade after grenade at where he knows Junhoe’s avatar is crouched down in hiding. Twenty seconds into the assault, the entire building collapses, crushing the poor, pixilated soldier and ending the game.

 

“Aaaah! Chanwoo, you er,” Junhoe growls as he lunges at the other male who’s giving an overly emotional victory speech to HyunAe sitting on the couch. Junhoe manages to yank Chanwoo’s hood over his head and is in the process of tying it permanently shut when HyunAe runs over to join the scuffle. Her and Chanwoo have always been close - most likely because everytime he comes over, he makes sure to bring something pink and/or covered in glitter - but this time she takes her dad’s side and starts pulling on his hoodie as well.

 

“Uncle Chanwoo,” she screeches and points an accusatory finger, “You’re a er!”

 

The two idiots tangled together on the ground freeze, slowly turning to stare open-mouthed at HyunAe who’s standing over them grinning widely.

 

“H-hyung, did she just say-”

 

“Yeah, I heard it too.”

 

“I-I never said-”

 

“It wasn’t me! She got it from you!”

 

“Hyung, you said it just a minute ago! She copied you not me!”

 

“T-that’s not true!”

 

HyunAe watches on in amusement as they bicker back and forth, flapping their hands at each other with affronted grunts. And in the eyes of a three year old, if whatever she said got this kind of reaction, it’s well worth saying again. “ers!” she screams at the top of her lungs as she runs off.

 

“Oh my god, HyunAe,” Junhoe can feel a headache starting up, “Please please please don’t say that in front of Mommy or Daddy’s dead,” he calls as he chases after her. He manages to catch her before she gets too far away and carries her back to the living room where he sets her down on the edge of the couch.

 

“Listen kiddo,” he grimaces, “I know you heard Uncle Chanwoo say that word-”

 

“I didn't say nothin!”

 

“-But that’s a bad bad word that cute little babies like you should not be saying.”

 

Junhoe should have guessed she wouldn’t just accept his lame attempt at teaching her a lesson. “But why Daddy say and HyunAe no say?” she pouts, “I say what daddy says.”

 

“Aww, baby,” he sighs, “Sometimes Daddy says bad things on accident, bad things that you shouldn't repeat. Okay? Does that make sense?” She nods carefully, trying to digest everything and make it make sense to her young mind. “Now go play in your room for a while, okay?” Junhoe her cheek softly, “Daddy and Uncle Chanwoo have to have a grown up talk.”

 

“Okay, daddy.” A pair of tiny legs skip off and make their way up the stairs. When the soft pitter patter fades, Junhoe turns to look at Chanwoo who’s been sitting watching from the floor.

 

“This is soooooo your fault.” Chanwoo scoffs then Junhoe snorts; Chanwoo chuckles then Junhoe chortles; and soon they’re both rolling around on the floor kicking at each other and laughing obnoxiously loud.

 

“Hyung, you’re such a er-”

 

“THIS IS A PG HOUSEHOLD, YOUNG MAN!”

 

 

Q_VJYHrx-W3GRt-7LxlPZpzxv0sBknyn-ycKUx3J

 

 

A/N:

Hahaha I managed to sneak another member into the story

Thanks for reading! ILY to you too :)

 

tumblr_inline_o3hpbrrYZ41trux3d_500.gif

Chanwoo didn't say nothin.

 

Q_VJYHrx-W3GRt-7LxlPZpzxv0sBknyn-ycKUx3J