잘자 (Sleep Tight)

Parenting 101 (911)

 

tumblr_inline_ne90y2rVdb1qdkget.gif

 

- 800 words - Fluff - Junhoe can't say no -

- Summary: It's 2AM and HyunAe is still wide awake. -

 

 

She’s your little girl - barely three but already talking like her father, obsessed with My Little Ponies of all things, and the cutest, cuddly, sparkle princess you could have ever dreamed of.

 

“Momma?” She’s sitting on the living room floor stacking plastic tea cups like blocks. The tower sways to the left and hangs for a second before falling over, sending toys rolling everywhere. With a giggle she chases down the stray cups then plops back down to start all over again. “Momma? You listen me, mamma?”

 

“Yes, baby.” Your eyes are heavy with sleep and even though it’s almost 2am your daughter is wide awake. Like always. “What is it?”

 

“I want cedreal please?”

 

“Cereal?” a deeper voice questions. Junhoe, who’s been nodding off for the past hour, sits up to regard the toddler playing on the ground then looks over to you. “How is she even awake?”

 

“It’s your fault, you know,” you scoff, “She’s learned to keep herself up so she can see you on nights you get home late.”

 

“Awww,” he grins, “I always knew our Hyun Ae would be a daddy’s girl.”

 

You can’t help but roll your eyes at the lump on the couch as he stretches out with a yawn and buries his face in the soft throw pillow. He looks exhausted - this is the first week he’s had off in a while and even though it’s been a few days, he doesn’t seem to have caught up on sleep - yet he’s been up late playing tea party with Hyun Ae each night and catching up with you during the day. He’s a great father and husband. “You should go take a shower, Junhoe. I’ll put her to bed.”

 

“No I-” he starts to protest but cuts himself off with another yawn. “Okay, maybe I will.” Before he leaves the room he makes his way over to you and steals a quick kiss then bends down to scoop up Hyun Ae. “Night, princess. Be good for mamma, yeah?” If only.

 

After he disappears up the stairs, your attention shifts to the miniature lump now stretched across the carpet. “Come on, Hyun Ae, time for bed.” 1… 2… 3…

 

“Noooooooooooo!” She screams at the top of her lungs, “I don’t wanna go bed, mama! NOOOOO-”  Her high pitch screams are the reason she’s managed to stay up this late. It may sound like poor parenting, but there’s really only so many much your ears can take and Hyun Ae can scream in four freaking octaves. “Mamma I w-wanna sleep in you room, please, with you?” she sobs, “Hyun Ae stay in mamma’s room, okay?”

 

“Baby," you start with a sigh as you bend down in front of her to wipe at her tears, "you have to start sleeping in your own room. Like a big girl.” She’s an expert at puppy eyes and pouty faces (you suspect Junhoe’s taught her his secrets), but it’s the fat tears rolling down her red cheeks that make you waver. “Come on, baby, stop iiiiiiiiit. Ah, you make this so hard...” Her crying hasn’t calmed down by the time you make your way up the flight of stairs and it draws the attention of Junhoe who’s walking out of the bathroom clad in dark boxers and a towel thrown over his head.

 

“Told her it was time for bed?” He shouldn't be as surprised as he sounds seeing as this happens practically every night.

 

“Yep.” You pass Hyun Ae over to him and try not to feel relieved. “She wants to sleep in our bed.”

 

“Oooooh," he clicks his tongue, "So you’re trying to sneak your way into our room again, are you?” His arms rock back and forth, slowly calming her down. “How are we supposed to make another baby if this one keeps sleeping with us, huh?”

 

“Junhoe!”

 

“Daddy I wanna sleep you,” she pouts.

 

He caves in less than a secone. “Okay, baby.”

 

You can't help but roll your eyes. "What happened to forcing her to sleep in her own bed, huh? I thought you said we weren't gonna give in next time.”

“Ya,” he pouts, a mirror image of your daughter, “She’s slept with us for the past four days, might as well top off the week, right? Besides... she’s so ing cute.”

“Language.” Junhoe is more or less equivalent to a three-year-old (Minus the fact that he swears like a sailor, is six-feet tall, and has a perfectly toned body, wot?)

 

He shoots you a salute, “Yes, ma'am.” A set of broad shoulders disappears into the bedroom with a “Momma’s just mad cause she can’t have the d tonight, don’t take it personally.” The three of you end up sprawled across the large mattress, two sets of legs tangled together and a another pair kicking Junhoe in the side.

 

“Hyun Ae, please go to sleep. Daddy needs to rest too.”

 

“I’m pretty sure you’re the one kicking me, not the baby.”

 

“Am not.” Scooting over, you nestle against his warm chest to get comfortable. His arm snakes around your waist and pulls you closer before settling, a little possessively, on your .

 

“‘Night,” A soft kiss then two then three lands on your lips, “Love you.”

 

“Love you too, Junhoe.”

 

 

 

5AM

“Mamma... Mammaaaaaaaaaaaa, wake up! I want cedreal.”

 

“Hyun Ae, go back to sleep.”

 

“Jagiyaaaaaa!” A husky voice whines, “I want cedreal tooooooooo!”

 

 

Q_VJYHrx-W3GRt-7LxlPZpzxv0sBknyn-ycKUx3J

 

 

A/N

Hyun Ae means clever and loving <3 I'll use this name in future chapters as the name of the daughter to avoid confusion.

This drabble was inspired by my adorable niece ^^ She actually says "cedreal" instead of "cereal" XD

Thanks for reading!

 

 

Q_VJYHrx-W3GRt-7LxlPZpzxv0sBknyn-ycKUx3J