Final

Goodbye

He didn't think he would need to do this. 
Not so soon.
Not so early. 
He couldn't even process it; it was still shocking. 

He folded a piece of paper in his hand, and put it in his pocket; his thumb grazing over the bent corner so slightly just to reassure him it was reality. 
He stood in front of the mirror in the bathroom. 
His face carried the emotions of sadness, confusion, and somehow, no emotions whatsoever. 
He felt nothing. 
It was quiet. 
He hadn't heard that in quite a while. 

Just a few days ago, they were doing their usual business. Composing lyrics, small comments here and there. 
It wasn't anything like the dead silence he heard now. 

He picked up a comb he had brought in case of him messing himself up due to his incapability of controlling his emotions, and began brushing his fairly still neat black locks. 

It was a day he never wanted to come.

But it came. 


His eyes were growing watery.
 
"Damn it." 

He wiped them away with the thick, black jacket of his suit, looking at himself in the mirror. 
All in black. 

In the glass, an illusion. 
His friend. His best friend. 
He knew that wasn't reality, and instead was just a "spur of the moment thing", but the feeling in that moment was all real. 

Arms around his chest from behind; black, wavy locks and the pale skin buried into his neck. 
"I'm sorry.." Wonshik sobbed.
"Don't cry, Wonshik."
"Why didn't I notice?"
"It's not your fault."

He looked in the mirror. 
The illusion of his best friend, vivid, unbelievable. 

"You needed saving."
"You couldn't save me."
"Why didn't you let me?"
"I didn't need it."

Tears continued falling. Taekwoon's  hand gently tightening on the shoulder's of his best friend. 

"I'm sorry."
"Wonshik... I'm still here..."
"But you're not! You're not here with me!" He begun to cry hysterically. 
Taekwoon sighed. 
"Do something for me."
Wonshik's agony paused, tears still streaming down his face as he felt himself slowly calm down as he closed his eyes, and listened to the calming voice.

"Talk about memories we've had together. Our friends, our group, our first song together. Laugh, cry, think about those memories. Talk about how we met, make everyone happy... For me. I don't like seeing everyone upset."

"Yeah..." Wonshik smiled half-heartedly. "I know..." 

"I miss you."
"I know, Wonshik. I want you to take care of yourself though. Nothing stupid, you hear me?"
"Yeah, yeah."
"Also... Take care of Jaehwan. I'm leaving it up to you to make him happy. For me.."
"I will." 
A small grin came from Taekwoon from the mirror.
A sad smile came from Wonshik as he spotted his friend's own illusion smiling. 
He hadn't seen that smile in days.

"Goodbye, Wonshik." 

He was gone.

It was all quiet again. 
A knock on the door caught the younger's attention. 

A young man with hair that was the colour of dark caramel walked in and stood beside him, seeing their puffy eyes through the mirror.

Different relationships, but at that point they could tell how the other was doing. 

"...You saw him too." Wonshik started.
"Yeah." Jaehwan said, passing the younger a tissue to wipe his still falling tears. 

"...He told me to take care of you."
"I know... He told me that too. ...I still wish we didn't have to do this. " He smiled sadly, looking at his friend.

"We'll think of good thoughts. Memories with him. Together." Wonshik said, sighing with a faint smile as he pointed to the exit in which their other friends and family were dressed in black.


"Together." Jaehwan smiled faintly as they walked into the viewing room, in an arms embrace, as Taekwoon watched and smiled from afar..