Yeah, You Are The One

Hey, So You're My So Called "Perfect Match"?

1.8k words of idk. Not proof-read seriously. Hope you guys enjoy!


Woohyun entered the large café along with his friends Myungsoo and Howon. Immediately, everyone’s attention landed on them. The girls squealed in their seats, and boys were whispering to each other, complaining on why they don’t get to be like the three. Woohyun smiled cockily, loving the attention they were getting. They settled on a 4-person table, because Howon liked to prop his feet on a chair, mumbling how he was tired from walking. Woohyun and Myungsoo would question it because you are the so called ‘dance machine’ of our class so some walking won’t do anything to your legs, to which Howon just gave them the ‘ face’, and they didn’t say another word.

Myungsoo had volunteered to order their food (most likely because the cashier was his beloved boyfriend, Lee Sungyeol), and soon he was waiting in line. Some had offered to let him cut ahead, but Myungsoo being the kind boy he was declined the offers and said that it was fine to wait. Some brave girls had approached the three’s table to ask if they needed anything, and Woohyun and Howon would just smile at them, although a little more smugly than needed and say no.

Myungsoo came back a few minutes later with their coffee and cake. They both thanked their friend and grabbed their drinks. As they happily sipped away, they talked about random things, just enjoying the free time they finally were able to get after a storm for months. It was still slightly chilly so they enjoyed the hot coffee that slid down their throat. They were laughing loudly when the front door of the café opened and the bell ringed, signaling a new customer. They didn’t pay much attention to it though.

“Oh welcome sir—Sunggyu!” Sungyeol chirped happily as he saw his best friend enter. Sunggyu smiled back to him, barely visible because of the thick scarf wrapped around his neck that was covering most of his face.

“The usual, please.”

“You’re gonna gain so much weight from eating too much chocolate, y’know?”

Sunggyu glared at the smirking man, although Sungyeol did not find it threatening at all. Instead, the older was rather cute when his eyes narrowed.

“Shut up.”

“Just sayin’ the truth.”

Despite his words, Sungyeol gave him his usual chocolate cake and hot choco. He loved, chocolate, if it wasn’t obvious enough. He sat down on a small table that can accompany two people near the corner. It was his favorite spot because he could just look at the people in the café, seeing their smiles and happy faces made him also happy inside. It was also near the window, and the café being next to a paint shop, he could see the well-done paintings displayed. And it was his luck that no one ever took his spot.

“Hey Hyun, I think the guy that entered a while ago was Yeol’s best friend, the Kim Sunggyu guy.” Myungsoo pointed out.

“And so?”

“Well, he’s always yapping on and on about how you should talk to him or something, how the two of you look like a match made in heaven.”

“Like hell we are.”

“I don’t know, he’s pretty cute.” Howon commented on the stranger.

“True. He looked so innocent, and I know how you love to taint innocent minds.”

“YAH! I do not!”

“Yeah, right.” Myungsoo and Howon said in unison, sarcasm dripping from those two words.

Woohyun huffed angrily.

“Some friends you two are.”

“We love you too, Hyunnie~”

And they went back to their usual antics. But, Woohyun couldn’t deny to himself that he felt kind of curious to his so called ‘other-half’ (courtesy of Sungyeol). He looked around the café for anyone who fit the observations of his friends, but no one really did catch his attention.

 

Except that guy in the corner.

 

Woohyun’s eyes widened as they landed on the figure sitting across the room. He was sipping on his coffee unhurriedly, both hands holding the paper cup as if it was so precious. His eyes were hidden under a large pair of black glasses, which added to the whole innocent aura. And to top it all off, he was bundled up in a cream colored scarf and his brown coat looked like it was his father’s for how big it was on him. Woohyun swore he could see sparkles around the boy and when his face lifted up, his lips formed into a slight pout, his heart did somersaults. He doesn’t know why but he’s so attracted to the boy.

Before he knows it, his feet are moving by themselves and are carrying him towards the boy’s table. Half-way there, he bumped into a girl that he didn’t notice. He was in a daze.

“Oh, I’m so sorry, Miss.” He offered his hand to the girl, and she blushed madly. She giggled lightly and grabbed onto Woohyun’s hand. He pulled her up and asked if she was hurt. The girl shook her head and her face was still red. She smiled and bowed to him before scampering off to a group of friends –her friends- and then shouting excitedly. They were screaming “Way to go!” to the girl repeatedly and Woohyun couldn’t help to feel that it wasn’t an accident.

Before he could react, his friends were already dragging him back to their table.

“What the hell?!” Woohyun protested and broke free from Howon’s grasp when they reached their table.

“Someone took off on their own.” Myungsoo said.

“One minute you were laughing and then the next you’re walking as if you were a zombie with sparkling heart eyes.” Howon added.

“Well…” Woohyun started, feeling shy all of a sudden.

“You were gonna go over to that guy’s table, weren’t you?” Howon signaled to Sunggyu with his eyes, and Woohyun followed. He saw Sunggyu looking at them, or more specifically, at Woohyun. When they locked eyes, Sunggyu immediately looked down, drinking his coffee again so that the attention will be diverted from him. Woohyun smiled widely at this, because Sunggyu’s face was red and.in his opinion, was very adorable.

“Looks like we have a case on our hands.” Myungsoo clapped his hands and rubbed them together. Howon then adjusted a non-existent hat on his head.

“Howon Holmes, reporting for duty.”

“Myungsoo Watson, also reporting for—“

“Okay this is ridiculous.” Woohyun shoved a piece of cake into his mouth as he narrowed his eyes at his friends.

“Your way of approaching guys is ridiculous.”

Woohyun opted to just flip Myungsoo the bird because Howon had kindly told him that bloodshed wasn’t an option.

“But seriously, if you want to approach a guy like that, you have to be cool, not like a dazed fanboy.”

Woohyun scoffed but told Myungsoo to continue.

“Wow, seriously? Nam Woohyun the Playboy is asking for my help on his love life? What has the world come to?” Myungsoo looked up dramatically, and Woohyun just rolled his eyes.

“Howon, kindly give me some help, please? Apparently, Myungsoo didn’t take his pills this morning.”

“I did to!”

Woohyun and Howon just ignored him.

“Just go over to him, talk it out and everything will be fine, y’know, like how you always do.”

Woohyun nodded and stood up. He turned around with a mission, to make Sunggyu his. But he froze when Sunggyu was already paying the cashier and walking towards the exit. Woohyun internally panicked and without thinking, dashed towards Sunggyu who opened the door of the exit. One step outside and Sunggyu halted when he felt a hand on his shoulder and heard heavy breathing. He looked behind him to see the boy he was observing his whole stay at the café with his hands on his knees. He felt his cheeks turning a little hotter when Woohyun looked up to have their eyes lock. Woohyun was a few inches taller, so he had to tilt his head slightly when Woohyun stood at his maximum height.

“Um…can I help you with something?”

“Uh, yes, actually…” Woohyun didn’t know what to say, and all his confidence had flown out the window. He doesn’t know how it happened, because he was always the calm one when faced with a girl. The cool guy, composed guy, but in front of this mystery boy he lost all his sanity.

“Would you happen to be…the guy Sungyeol was talking about? The Nam Woohyun guy who supposedly is my ‘perfect match’?” Sunggyu’s face flushed when he uttered the last part.

Woohyun laughed because Sungyeol really does have a way with words.

“Yeah, I guess. So you are his best friend?” Sunggyu nodded.

“Nice to meet you, Kim Sunggyu-ssi.”

“A pleasure also, Nam Woohyun-ssi.”

“Heh, we should get together sometime, huh?” Sunggyu nodded again with a pink face. Woohyun’s confidence is coming back, because it felt so natural when he held his hand up to ruffle Sunggyu’s hair. He saw the beautiful face grow even redder.

“Say, how old are you?”

“I’m 19 already, actually.”

“Oh, so you’re older than me by a year.”

“So you should call me hyung,” Woohyun ruffled his hair again.

“And I should be the one to ruffle your hair since I’m older!” Sunggyu pouted.

“Yeah, yeah, hyung.” Sunggyu smiled at that.

Suddenly, the door behind them opened and hit Woohyun in the back. The guy who opened it unhappily yelled at them to get out of the way, to which Woohyun bowed and apologized repeatedly. Sunggyu just giggled at this as Woohyun rubbed the back of his neck, smiling sheepishly. Sunggyu laughed even harder and Woohyun gave him a questioning look.

“Hey Romeo, better close your mouth.” Howon suddenly appeared behind them, and so did Myungsoo and Sungyeol.

“What?”

“There’s a piece of cake in between your teeth.”

Woohyun immediately closed his mouth shut and his hand shot up to cover it. He cursed under his breath for looking so stupid in front of Sunggyu. A beep sound came from Sunggyu’s watch, and he gasped at the time.

“Oh my God, it’s almost start of class! I gotta go, see ya guys!” And Sunggyu sprinted off.

“Wait!” Woohyun tried to stop Sunggyu but he had already gone a far distance. But he could still see Sunggyu smiling at him and he could still hear the “Let’s meet sometime, Woohyun-ah!”

^^^

Sunggyu sighed as he recalled the first time he and Woohyun had met. It had escalated quickly from their first meeting and in no time they were going from acquaintances to best friends to lovers.

Woohyun sat down beside Sunggyu and wrapped his arms around his waist.

“What’ya thinking about, Gyu?”

“Hmm, nothing. Just about how we first met. And how you got a piece of cake stuck in between your teeth.” Sunggyu laughed as Woohyun’s expression immediately darkened.

“You’re gonna regret bringing that up again.”

“Hahaha, what are you gonna do to me? Squish me to death?”

But Woohyun’s sly smile and dark eyes sent a chill down Sunggyu’s spine.