One

Forget me not

In a place where people can find their soul mates with no problem,Taehyung has always said that he didn't mind when he found his, that when the time is right he would find them. Until then he just simply wanted to focus on his studies and other work, so when he finally found his he would be able to provide and care for the other without having to worry.

When Taehyung was five years old, that was the first time he noticed the dark black lines come across his skin, little stick people and a little house. Nothing fancy or too personal but at that age Taehyung didn't understand, why were drawings coming onto his body when he hadn't done them? Was he sick? Or was someone drawing on him when he was sleeping?

By the time he was fifteen he knew all about soul mates, his mother had sat him down and explained that everything each one drew on themselves would show up on the other. The way his mother found his father was by writing down a time and place, apparently they hit it off straight away, fireworks, electricity and the works. Taehyung didn't really care much at that age, he was more interested in games and sneaking alcohol with his friends.

By the time he was twenty one, he was frustrated, of course he wouldn't let people know he was frustrated that he couldn't find his soul mate. He would try to talk about it to Seokjin but whenever the subject would come up Namjoon would soon show up and it would always make Taehyung stomach bubble with jealousy. 

"Hey Taehyung, you look a little flushed" Taehyung turned his head in class to stare at his other friend Jungkook in his science lesson, Taehyung however couldn't be bothered not today, not when he was in the middle of a new game that he stayed up all night playing. So he simply waved Jungkook off and started to doodle on his arm, reminding himself that he had to write an essay by next week

Taehyung sighed until he looked down at his arm and saw roses and vines wrap themselves around his forearm, his soul mate was an amazing artist and would always draw such pretty things and Taehyung wish they could stay on his skin forever. Taehyung had always pictured his soul mate would look like.

He pictured that she would have short black hair, chubby cheeks, brown eyes that he would fall deeper into and an eye smile that would kill. He pictured that they would be happy together and just spend some days lazing about in front of the t.v both just having their limbs tangled together as they run their fingers over the others skin.

Taehyung was looking through his photography photos when he noticed more flowers danced along his skin, this time his soul mate actually took the time to colour them in, the bright colours stood out on his mocha skin. Of course Taehyung wanted to meet her but if he did what if she wasn't what he thought she'd be like? What if they didn't hit it off? It wasn't unheard of soul mates actually not working out, it was rare but Taehyung knew that he would actually be that 1%.

Taehyung decided that one night he would actually get the courage to talk to his soul mate, that he would find things out about her. He would finally write some questions on his arm and hopefully she would understand that he wanted to talk. They had spoken before but this time Taehyung was determined to meet her but he wanted to get to know her first.

"Hey" Taehyung wrote in bold, he felt bad for her, he would always just put his appointments on his skin or what he wanted to eat that night. He can't imagine all the times shes had the words 'noodles' on her wrists.

"Hey! Long time no speak, eh?" Taehyung smiled as he saw the fancy curled writing on his skin, he could already imagine her laying down smiling at her arms just as he was himself. 

"How're you?" Taehyung asked it seemed like the conversation went on for hours when in fact the next time he looked at his phone it was indeed 6am, which meant that they had been up all night talking to each other but of course Taehyung didn't mind.

He had found things about his soul mate that made him want to jump through hoops, her name was in fact Jimin, she did have short black hair, chubby cheeks and from what Taehyung could tell she had the most amazing personality he could think of.

Taehyung sat down at his desk next to Jungkook and as the younger stared at Taehyung as he poured a can of his energy drink into his coffee while muttering the words " it, we're gonna die anyway" before drinking the whole thing in one go. 

Jungkook looked disgusted "long night? Are you still playing that game?" To his surprise Taehyung shook his head 

"I was talking to my soul mate!" Taehyung beamed a smile towards his friend as he placed his head in his hand and continued to watch the flower pop up over his skin. Her drawings seemed to be getting more and more colourful.

Jungkook looked surprised, had Taehyung finally come to his senses and just meet his soul mate? "So? How'd it go?" Jungkook asked as his best friend slowly told him how she was a dance major and was best friends with someone called Hoseok but none of that mattered the only thing Taehyung seemed to beam about was the fact that she too wanted to talk to him but was too shy.

Jungkook sighed "I really wanna meet her Jungkookie!" Honestly right now Jungkook couldn't be bothered with this, it was far too early for someone to be happy sitting in a science lab. 

Taehyung didn't get much out of Jungkook after that, the younger just simply put his head down on the desk so he wouldn't have to deal with the fact that he hadn't done his his homework for about three months.

Taehyung did in fact ask Jimin if she wanted to meet and to his surprise she did, he couldn't deny that he was excited to meet his soul mate after so long.  They had both decided to wait until Saturday so they would have the whole day to hang out together, well after Jimin's morning run which she invited Taehyung to join her but of course he wanted to stay in bed, it was after all going to be a Saturday.

The morning they were suppose to meet, Taehyung felt nervous, he felt like even his head was sweating about meeting Jimin. It was one of Taehyung's favourite cafe's so he hoped she would like it just as much as him. 

Plugging his ear buds in the music seemed to be louder than usual and the cafe seemed to be a lot closer than what it would normally be. He reached the cafe within ten minutes. The little bell dinged so the people inside would know that someone has just entered, Taehyung felt his face go red as he scanned the room, there were a few girls there, but none were Jimin.

"Hey, Taehyung right?" The said boy turned around slowly as the high pitched voice reached his ears. He came face to face with a short black haired boy, who looked shy and nervous just like himself. Taehyung looked down to see the boys arm was filled with smudged roses that mirrored his own arm.

The colour soon drained from Taehyung as he realized his soul mate had been a boy? Taehyung wasn't gay, he knew that much, he couldn't be gay, his parents had told him all about soul mates finding each other and fireworks going off, however Taehyung only felt anger. 

"Do you think this is some kind of joke? Why do you have those drawings on your arm?!" Taehyung snapped, he wasn't gay and he certainly didn't like the fact that he had been played by this boy who was standing in front of him. The black haired boy looked as if Taehyung had just kicked a puppy, his eyes turning watery.

"There's no joke Taehyung.. I'm Jimin, Park Jimin" The black haired boy -now known as Jimin- replied, his nervousness replaced by sadness in his voice. "We spoke all night, aren't you glad to see me?" Jimin mumbled as he looked down, playing with his fingers.

Taehyung snorted "I'd be gad if you were a girl! I'm not gay! Seriously, I've got to go" Taehyung replied and stormed out of the cafe, leaving Jimin standing there watching as his soul mates back became harder and harder to see.

"A boy! A ing boy! What the is up with that Jungkook?!" Taehyung ranted to his best friend as soon as he got home, Jungkook was soon regretting sharing an apartment with Taehyung "I'm not gay! I like girls! Girls like.. like..  I don't know, not boys!!" 

Jungkook sighed as he closed his comic book he was reading "You know soul mates can be the same gender, maybe you are gay Taehyung, did you even speak to him?" Taehyung shook his head "What the ?! So you left him there?! Tae that's such a move! You could have gotten to know him, maybe you do like boys, I mean how would you know?"

Taehyung glared at the younger, how could he say something like that?! Taehyung was straight, he knew that, his parents had told him that when he grows up he'll get married have kids and live by the sea, how could the world be so cruel to play this joke on him?!

"Hey, Jimin's writing on you" Jungkook added as he watched the black lines appear on Taehyung's skin. Taehyung himself didn't even want to look at it, it felt horrible, wrong and he felt like he was letting his parents down "I'm sorry Taehyung, I'm not what you wanted, I won't speak to you again. Wow Tae, he's really upset" Jungkook read out the message and Taehyung still couldn't bring himself to look at it.

But that night Taehyung did miss the conversations they would have before they both fell asleep, the way Jimin would tell stupid jokes and the way he would put up with Taehyung's questions. Taehyung shook his head, he wasn't gay and he was going to forget all about Park Jimin. 

The world however seemed to be more cruel than Taehyung had originally thought. He dreamt about Jimin, he dreamt that he stood there and ripped Jimin's heart out of his chest and let it fall to the floor along with Jimin's tears. Taehyung woke up covered in sweat, it was about two weeks since he met Jimin and neither of them had gone anywhere near their skin with ink

Of course Taehyung wouldn't tell Jungkook that he wanted to talk to Jimin, even if he wasn't gay they could still be friends right? Taehyung was going through his whole 'I'm not gay and I don't like Jimin like that' once again and Jungkook had enough, he snapped at Taehyung "For someone you don't like you talk about him a whole ing lot"

Jungkook didn't even bother looking up from his comic book -it was hidden by a science book- to know that Taehyung was staring at him with big doe like eyes once again, sighing Jungkook put his books down "Hoseok hyung knows him, he dances with him, he's in the advanced classes that I'm in, he's pretty cool Tae"

Taehyung felt hurt that Jungkook would withhold that kind of information from Taehyung, like he needed to know everything about Jimin. Taehyung would have been lying if he said he wasn't curious about the other, the things he liked and the things he disliked.

"Maybe me and him can be friends" Taehyung sighed, and Jungkook didn't want to continue this conversation at all, he went back to his comic book, ignoring Taehyung's complaints about how he didn't know Jimin that well.

Taehyung found himself searching instgram when Jungkook popped up with his dance crew, Taehyung blushed slightly as he caught sight of a slightly sweaty and glistening Jimin. 

Clicking on the 'JimbleJamble' page Taehyung was met with photos of healthy foods, drinks and various exercise machines. Taehyung also came across endless selfies that were surprisingly hot?? Taehyung sighed as he continued to scroll down the pages.

Taehyung mentally kicked himself for thinking that Jimin was cute in most of his photo's, some he had orange hair and Taehyung's breathe hitched in his throat as he came across one with his tongue hanging out. Clicking to try and save the photo Taehyung accidently liked the photo which was in fact posted almost five months ago.

" " Taehyung mumbled as he wanted the world so swallow him whole. He wanted the ground to take him to the depths of hell. Not just for liking Jimin's photo but for also finding Jimin damn well attractive in his photo's.

Maybe Taehyung wasn't as straight as he once thought he was? Maybe he was half and half? He didn't know but why did he suddenly find him attractive? And yet Taehyung felt bad for thinking Jimin's natural black hair looked best on him, the way it made his eyes pop and sparkle. Taehyung stopped breathing as those thoughts came into his head. 

Before he could hate himself anymore, black lines made itself known on his skin "TaeTaeBear? Really?" Taehyung slapped himself mentally, his little cousin had come up with the name and he hadn't wanted to change it. 

"You know me, I'm kind of weird.. Apparently" Taehyung bit his lip, he hated to be known as weird, people would call him an alien or 4D and he hated it. He just wanted to be Taehyung, not some freak people would make fun of. 

"I think you're special, more than weird.. but hey that's just me" Jimin replied and it felt like he was reading Taehyung's mind, of course he would know how he was feeling, Jimin was Taehyung's soul mate.

Taehyung had been talking to Jimin for the last two months non stop, they had even met up almost everyday just to play video games or watch movies or even just to be around each other. 

Jimin had told Taehyung that he understood that Taehyung didn't feel any romantic feelings towards him, Jimin didn't hate Taehyung for it not one little bit but Jimin did however find out that Taehyung was a touchy feely person. 

"Hey do you ever think about the future?" Jimin asked one day and Taehyung simply looked at the other, it was the most serious tone that he had ever heard Jimin speak and Taehyung didn't really know how to react to it.

"I think everyone does Jiminie" Taehyung hummed back and Jimin simply nodded softly. It got Taehyung thinking about his future, he always thought that he would end up marrying some beautiful woman that would someday give him even more beautiful children but lately that dream seemed to be slipping from his mind.

The only thing that was constantly on Taehyung's mind was in fact Jimin. He always wondered what would happen if he gave them a chance, would he learn to love Jimin the way he deserved? Taehyung shook his head, Jimin deserved the world, he was like a ball of sunshine, his eye smile would light up any room he entered, his face was adorable and Taehyung couldn't believe that Jimin had never been with anyone.

"I'm worried about mine.." Jimin mumbled as he sipped his drink, Taehyung looked at the other with his eyes wide, why would Jimin be worried? He had so much potential that it even scared Taehyung just how much he didn't know how good he was. Taehyung son pulled Jimin into his arms in a friendly hug.

"We'll always be friends and I'll always be here for you Jimin, you've become my best friend" Taehyung whispered but little did he know just how much that sentence hurt Jimin, that his soul mate would never return his feelings. Jimin's drawing's kept loosing colour each and everyday, he didn't want bright vibrant colours, he didn't feel like that inside so why would he show it on the outside?

Being friends with Taehyung was breaking Jimin's heart. Every time the red haired boy smiled his box smile Jimin felt his heart break a little more each time. He wanted Taehyung to want him the same way that Jimin wanted him but luck never seemed to be on Jimin's side as he watched Taehyung continue eat his fries.

Taehyung however was content, he could keep his soul mate close but yet he didn't have to be in a relationship with the other. Although Taehyung would be lying if he said that he hadn't thought about kissing the other before, Jimin's lips looked inviting, his cheeks were soft that he would place his hands on either side of his face as they crashed their lips together.

Another time they were together Jimin had fallen asleep on Taehyung's shoulder, it had been a pretty tough week for Jimin, he had his dance exams and it made the black haired boy exhausted. Watching one of Taehyung's alien movies he soundly slipped asleep, his mouth slightly open, Taehyung smiled as he brushed his bangs out of his face. 

Jimin never stirred while Taehyung used his index finger to follow the outlines of Jimin's face, across his cheeks, the black bags under his eyes, his nose and last of all his lips. Taehyung seemed to linger there as if he was waiting for something inside him to snap, his body was going faster than his mind. His heart was screaming at him to just kiss Jimin, to run with the feelings he had deep deep down. 

On the other hand Taehyung's brain was screaming at him about what his parents would say. They were very traditional, they wanted to be grandparents one day, once he came home with purple hair they had lost their with him, sure he can imagine them being okay with Taehyung being with Jimin but not about the fact that they could never have their own blood grandchildren.

Life just seemed to be throwing Taehyung under a bus as one day he met Jimin's friend Hoseok, who had just come out of dance practice with Jimin, who was shirtless in the hot summer weather, who was glistening in the sun as the sweat on his body seemed to be never ending. Taehyung's mouth went dry as he saw Jimin's body.

Jimin was hiding a lot under his clothes, the only way Taehyung could describe him was like melting chocolate, something you know will make a mess and end badly but something you can't help but want. Hoseok seemed to notice the change in Taehyung's behaviour and smirked. Jungkook had told Hoseok about Taehyung and the way he was looking at Jimin, he knew they were meant to be together.

That night Jimin had even uploaded a photo to instagram of him being shirtless, his abs and chest on full display, the black and grey flowers he had drawn on his arms that day showed too. Taehyung was proud to say that he was the first of many to like the photo.

It seemed to continue like that for what felt like forever to Jungkook, he was loosing patience at the both of them. They needed to solve the frustration in the air that seemed to follow them around. Jungkook knew that Taehyung couldn't really say no when he invited him to a party, he just wanted it to be him and Taehyung so he could try and get into Taehyung's head.

Taehyung felt stupid coming to some party Jungkook had asked him to go to. He had tried extra hard on his eyeliner and even Jungkook admitted that he looked good -which actually means you look great- Taehyung had never been that big on drinking but with everything that was going on in his mind right now he felt like he needed to just to get away from everything he was actually running from.

Taehyung seemed to get drunk without even trying and soon Jungkook regretted everything. Taehyung was sat on a chair in the kitchen as he scribbled on his arm "You know, you look reaaaaally good with black hair" Taehyung giggled towards his own arm

It didn't take long for Jimin to reply "Taehyung, are you drunk? You don't drink" Taehyung sighed, Jimin knew him so well, however what Jimin said next made his mouth dry "I found you" written in bold on his wrist.

Before Taehyung could process anything Jimin was in fact standing in front of him, Jimin smiled softly as he locked eyes with Taehyung "Wow you really are drunk" Jimin laughed as Taehyung hugged him tightly, the smell of alcohol was overwhelming to Jimin but he stuck it out just for Taehyung. 

"How are you here?" Taehyung replied, stepping back to wobble a little bit, Jimin laughed and told Taehyung this was in fact for the dance crew getting into the finals "Wow! The finals! That's so great Jiminie" Taehyung beamed and pulled the other into another hug, this time it felt more personal, it felt almost loving. Jimin's heart couldn't stop thumping against his chest, as he felt Taehyung place a soft kiss on top of his head.

However if you had asked Taehyung the day after, he would have told you it was just something he did to show Jimin how proud he was of him. Jungkook however knew otherwise, he saw the way the two looked at each other when the other wasn't looking he knew that they wanted each other. 

"I don't like Jimin like that! I don't care about him, he's just a friend Jungkook!" Taehyung shouted as the younger had brought up the subject, Jungkook could tell Taehyung was lying but hey if he wanted to loose Jimin then he wasn't going to try to tell the older what was obvious.

Taehyung raised his voice as Jungkook pressed the matter further "At least I found my soul mate! Yours hasn't even made themselves known!" Taehyung finally snapped, shutting Jungkook up. Jungkook looked straight into Taehyung's eyes. he couldn't believe he had just said that to his best friend who had been there for him for years. "Kookie.. I'm sorry.."

"I can't believe you said that Tae.." Jungkook whispered, Taehyung had been there for him when he went to the doctors about not having anything written on his body at any time, it had been years since then but the pain of hearing the doctor say he may not have a soul mate killed Jungkook inside. "I know you're going through this whole thing in your head about not being gay but Taehyung I'm here for you, but you mention that again and I'm going to have to kick your "

Jimin flicked his sweat drenched hair as he fell to the floor, he had been practicing for 8 hours straight, he just couldn't get one move right, it was causing him to become frustrated with himself. However Jimin soon became frustrated with everything, Taehyung, school work, the dance crew, he wanted to just run away and never come back.

Jimin had never been one for feeling sorry for himself but Taehyung had told him that he meant so much to him yet here he was breaking Jimin's heart a little more each day. He hated being just friends with Taehyung, he simply wanted to hold the other, make him know just how much Jimin loved him, how long he had waited to find him. 

"Jimin, your too fat" One of the dance crew spoke out loud, Jimin whipped his head around as one of the other dance crew members came over to him and poked at his stomach and cheeks "Yep, you need to loose weight if you want a place at finals" 

"But I'm one of the main dancers for the group dance! And I have my own solo dance, how am I too fat?" Jimin snapped back, yes he had chubby cheeks but they were part of him, he kind of liked his cheeks, mainly because the night Taehyung was drunk he admitted that he liked them too.

"Sorry Jimbo but you loose weight or your off the team" The other said laughing as he high fived another member of the crew before taking their leave, leaving Jimin alone to look at himself in the mirror. He would admit he put some weight on, who wouldn't after all the pizza and ice-cream nights he and Taehyung had. 

Jimin stayed loyal on his diet, only eating fruit and veg, he even gave up meat to try and loose as much weight as possible. Taehyung looked at Jimin with worry in his eyes as he watched Jimin just eat green things. 

Taehyung wouldn't say it out loud but he hated the fact that Jimin's cheeks had gone smaller, they puffed out less and he hated it, he hated that his smile didn't make his eyes turn into crescents anymore, he never seemed to talk as much as he did. He wasn't Jimin and Taehyung hated it.

"Jimin, want some of my chocolate?" Taehyung sang as he smiled towards the other leaning onto him and waving the chocolate bar in his face. Jimin burst into tears and Taehyung quickly wrapped him up into his arms "Jimin I'm sorry, are you okay? Please talk to me"

Jimin weakly pushed Taehyung off and rubbed his eyes "I'm fine, I'm just sticking to this diet and I don't need you to tease me with chocolate, sorry for overreacting" Jimin tried to laugh but to Taehyung it just sounded sad. Jimin loved chocolate, one bite wouldn't hurt him.

Taehyung went to watch Jimin practice a dance routine, he watched as he took his jumper off and there was nothing, no abs, no little belly, it was like Taehyung was looking at a skeleton, Taehyung's heart broke as he saw Jimin's rib cage through his vest, his arms were so small that Taehyung was scared they'd snap if he tried to pick something up

Jimin danced and danced, his body screamed at him to stop but he couldn't not when they were so close to the dance finals, he felt his whole body become weak as he toppled over his own legs. Jimin crashed to the floor just as the world around him faded to black. Before loosing all sight and hearing though he heard Taehyug's voice "Jimin!"

"What the hell have you done to him?!" Taehyung growled at the dance crew who were just looking at their shoes, it wasn't long before Taehyung found out that they had been teasing Jimin for being 'fat' Taehyung scoffed as they said it, Jimin was far from fat, he was perfect. "You guys are disgusting, Jimin deserves better than this excuse of a dance crew"

Taehyung picked Jimin up with ease and as he held him he could feel every bone in Jimin's body, it made Taehyung feel sick that someone could put Jimin through this. He gently placed Jimin in his own bed, he wanted Jimin to be as close to him as he could nd if that meant Jimin sleeping in his bed and him sleeping next to him so be it.

"Taehyung?" Jimin whispered his voice laced with sleep, Taehyung smiled softly and wrapped his arms around Jimin, placing a small kiss to his forehead "Why am I in your bed?" Jimin added looking around to notice he was in fact not in his own dorm room.

"You passed out during dance practice, your not going back their, not with those s, I'll find you somewhere better" Taehyung spoke through his teeth his anger still there. "Jimin, you're perfect the way you are, please eat more, eat pizza's with me, eat chocolate with me, I want your god damn stupid cheeks back so I can kiss them whenever I want, Jesus Jimin, I really really really like you, hell I may even love you"

Jimin couldn't help but stare into Taehyung's eyes, waiting for him to tell him it was all just a joke, or that he was in fact still asleep and he was just having a really damn good dream. However when he felt Taehyung press another small kiss to his forehead his heart leaped out of his chest and he felt like he was flying. 

"God, your not lying to me now Taehyung, are you?" Jimin whispered as his eyes became wide as if he was just caught doing something he shouldn't have been. Taehyung smiled softly and cupped both of Jimin's cheeks and closed the gap betweem them, their lips moulded perfectly together and Jimin couldn't keep the slight smile off his face as they kissed. It was slow, short and sweet, their emotions between them only causing it to be that much better.

Jimin felt like he was floating as he and Taehyung walked back to meet their friends, hand in hand, he knew that they were going to be great together, the way his hand fits inside Taehyung's and the way Taehyung would run his thumb over Jimin's hands causing little butterflies to make a new home inside his chest. "Hey Taehyung? I love you too"

Another year had passed and another semester had come and gone. Jimin was back to his normal weight, Taehyung was ecstatic as his cheeks started to puff out once again, each day Taehyung would kiss his cheeks just so Jimin would know how much he was loved by Taehyung. They had been together for almost a year and a half and yet they were still just as gross with each other as the first time they got together -or Jungkook thought so-

Jimin and Taehyung had moved dorms so they could share a room together, which Jungkook didn't mind, not after walking in on them more than once. Jungkook sighed as he sat on the floor surrounded by his friends. They were over Jimin's and Taehyung's watching movies, he was surrounded by couples and he felt alone. That was until Jimin and Taehyung kissed either one of his cheeks. "Jungkook, look!"

Jungkook looked down at his arm to watch different colour patterns appear on his skin, his shoulders dropped, after seeing and hearing the trouble his friends went through to find their soul mates he slapped a hand over his arm where the patterns were forming and stood up before rushing to the bathroom "Nope, I'm not doing this, I'm out"