Oneshot

Home Warmth

“Babe? You home?” Daehyun called out. He slipped out of his shoes and threw his keys with a loud clatter into the small bowl that awaited him at the entrance.

 

Hearing no reply, he switched hands holding the grocery bag to slide off his coat and hang it nearby.

 

“Baaabe?” He tried again.

 

Again, no reply.

 

Daehyun sighed and shuffled over to the dark kitchen. Flipping the switch, the lights flickered on illuminating the small room. He gently set the bag down onto the dinner table and loosened his tie. The tired male hung his suit over one of the chairs and set out in search for his lover.

 

He found him quickly in the living room, sleeping in one of the plush grey couches.

 

Yongguk was rolled up in the fetal position, hair messed up and crinkling against the pillow. His toes were curled inward and his sweater-clad arms were folded over his body warding the cold temperature of the room away.

 

Daehyun smiled at the irresistibly adorable sight and couldn’t help but walk over to lay in the small area on the couch that was unoccupied by the other male.

 

He was quickly roused by the movement, and smoky eyes lined by long eyelashes blearily opened.

 

“Hyunnie?” His voice was even huskier than normal, thick with sleep. Daehyun merely hummed in acknowledgement as he moved in closer to join him.

 

Yongguk shifted to accommodate the new body, welcoming the warmth he provided. His arms wrapped around his lover, who in turn wrapped around his waist. Their legs were fast to entangle themselves into each other as the two men found peace in the faintly lighted living room.

 

“I’m home...”