Final

Roses: Not Baekhyuns

Baekhyun thought, he and Kai is close... was close? Close enough to be called more than just friend, chills at each other house, hang out togerther, go to work together, eat together, drink together and they partically together in everything. So close, a lot of people thoughts that they were lovers. Baekhyun’s fine with that, as long as Kai keep his presences around him. But that was then, before Kai has a habit of putting roses on the table belongs to their leader managing partner team. Kai put the rose every morning on that one particular table, Ms. hyesuns table –who is. . .well, still single –but man, she’s waaaaaaaaaaaay  older than Kai.

Baekhyun’s not take it well, he was upset with Kai’s flirty behavior. It was okay If he just flirty with Baekhyun. But the problem is, it's not even for him but for Ms. Goo Hyesun.The scene really is not good for Baekhyun’s eyes. But what could he do? He's not Kai’s boyfriend nor his mother. So hedecided to avoid all of the things associated with him, just so that his heart doesn’t turn into charcoal because of that stupid burning freaking jealousy.

 

“Actually Ms. Hyesun is beautiful, but still, it didn't sit right in my eyes.”

Baekhyun nods firmly, hearing Yixings comments.

“Ms. Hyesun is like forty something and Kai just turned 24 this last winter.  Its too much gap,”

Baekhyun once again agrees with yixing.

“How can you be defeated by a 40s old lady?”

Baekhyuns head boils, he can feels his head is going to explode, but Yixing is right. Even though Ms. Hyesun is so much older than him, Baekhyun’s defeated nonetheless, because it’s her who was given flowers by Kai not him.

 

 

 

“What the heck is wrong with that guy?” Yixing asks, nudging Baekhyun’s arm as he points his finger to Kai’s figure who just stepped away from ms. Hyesuns table.

Today, there are also a rose on Ms.HyeSun’s table. All the employees and even cleaning services know that Kai is the culprit, but the said guy is nonchalant every time the teasing whistle from his colleagues roaring in the air, as if there was nothing wrong with putting roses on the table of a much older woman. Every single day.

“Aigoo aigoo..., Kai-si give me one too..."

"you prefer the mature one huh, kai?”

“Of course, more mature  more understanding more experienced. Right Kai?”

Kai gives them a shy smile then casually walking to his own table. Meanwhile Baekhyun sitting calmly–or more like trying to be calm’– behind his table with a shrinking heart, sometimes he lets Yixing right hand rubbing his back to comfort him. So pathetic, but Baekhyun indeed feel the need to be pitied now.

“Baekhyun,”

Hearing his name being called, automatically Baekhyun looks up still with his pouting lips and teary eyes.

“Lets–” He stops himself when he sees Baekhyuns teary eyes,“hey... hey... why are you  –are you okay?” Kai asks, hesitantly pointing at Baekhyuns face.

‘why’ you ask? Baekhyun become even gloomier, “What do you want?”

Kai grins at that, unaware that Baekhyun is actually glaring at him with all the muscle he had.

“have lunch with me?”

Baekhyun clutchs his pencil tightly–who knows since when he had pencil in his hand–, trying to refrain himself from nodding, no matter how much he wants to spendhis lunch break together with him.

“I can’t, I'd have lunch with yixing,”

Kai lets out a sigh, pouting he says, “You never want to have lunch with me again.” Kai mumbles lowering his eyes, Baekhyun feels a guilt hit him square in the chest because godddd, Kai sounds so sad and looks so disappointed that Baekhyuns anger starts melting down into puddles.

“Can I join you then?” Kai asks him again, glancing at Yixing.

Now it’s Yixing turns to grins. Wider from Kai’s grins before. And before Baekhyun know it, Yixing already said, “Of course you can.”

Kai’s smiles is so wide Baekhyun doesn’t have the heart to crush it, he watchs Kai’s back as he walks away to his owntable again and Baekhyun is trying so hard not to rip the grin off Yixings face.

Baekhyun promised himself he would take revenge by throwing Yixing favorite pillow when he comes to visit his home. When the lunch breaktime comes, Baekhyun immediately lined up to take his food, ignoring the two men behind him, He then sat down in one of the large table that dominates the dining room office. Yixing seem to realize Baekhyuns uneasy feeling especially after Kai decided to sit right in front of Baekhyun.

Baekhyun was thinking about something he should say to Kai when Yixing saved him by asking about the Manchester United and Chelsea game last night that Kai immediately answers enthusiastically. Baekhyun know Kai had always loves sports and almost all physical activity. The thing that always made him wonder why Kai even followed him to work in the company where you're just going to sit in front of computers for hours.

His Thoughts stopped when an office boy appeared out of no where to take the now empty plate in front of him. After thanking him, Baekhyun hurriedly get up from his chair, and after he excuse himself to Kai and Yixing, Baekhyun go straight to his desk to calm his mind before he had to return to work. He don’t know that Kai is following him until he reachs his desk and Kai call him.

“Baekhyun,” Kai says, almost makes Baekhyun jump out of his skin.

“Can you not?!” Baekhyun hiss as he his chest. “Don’t scared me like that!”

Ignoring Baekhyun protests, Kai hand him a glass of water, when Baekhyun looks up at him confused, Kai answered, “You haven’t drink.”

Baekhyun looks at Kai and a glass of water in his hand, more confused and now a little suspicious. During lunch Kai is busy chatting with Yixing, Kai never even glances at him, not even once, so how the hell Kai knows he haven’t drink?

Seeing Baekhyun hesitation, Kai added, “It's just water, there is no poison in it.”

Baekhyun takes the cup from Kai’s hand, “Thank you,” he says before he lift the glass to his lips and take a sip.

“Finish it,”

Baekhyun common sense says that he should throw the rest of the water in the glass to Kai’s face, but Baekhyun think it isn’t a good idea however angry he is at Kai and he also don’t want to attract the employees attention who had just returned to their desks.

He finish the water.

Kai pull out his hand to take the empty glass from him. “Next time don’t forget to drink, I don’t want you to to die choking.”

And before Baekhyun could say a word, Kai already running back to the dinning room , leaving him alone, frozen on the spot, or he thought he was alone because 5 seconds after that Yixing whistling right behind him loud and clear, making him jump in suprise for the second time that afternoon.

 

-

 

“Baek!” Kai had his engine when Baekhyun just got out of the officebuilding. “hop in...” he waves, signaling Baekhyun to enter the car.

Again, Baekhyun resist the desire to jump in Kais car, really, eventhough he miss him so much. This few past week Baekhyun somehow have managed to avoid him. Just for the sake of trying to move on. But, avoiding Kai turns out to be more difficult than the project he was working together  with Jongdae.

“Hey, Baek?” Kai frowns seeing Baekhyun just standing still in his spot.

Baekhyuns pride which is now as high as Mount Everest refuses to take Kai’s over, even if it means he have to walkand waiting for the bus till his stomach is worm-ridden. “No, i’ll just ride a bus.”

Kai’s trying to hold his chuckles because heknowsvery well how grumpy Baekhyun could be everytime they have to wait for the bus, just because Baekhyun’s too exhausted to walk to the bus stop, and Baekhyun always hungry when  he is exhausted.

“Eventhough you’re so hungry right now?”

“Yep,”

“Come on just get into the car, and let the worms inside your stomach live in peace. Your stomach will surely be sick if those worms whining for too long.” Kai says jokingly, but unfortunately Baekhyun'm not in the mood for a joke, especially from kai.

“It’s Better to get my stomach sick, rather than my heart!”

"And why your heart even sick?

"none of your business!!" Baekhyun barks then start to walk away.

“Now you’re mad me,” Kai says, drove his car slowly to followt he stomping-sulky-Baekhyun.

“I’m not mad!”

“Upset then,”

“No!”

“Angry?”

“Jesus Christ!! just ing drive  –leave me alone! Damnit.” Baekhyun spat, which makes Kai shocks and immediately step on his pedal and sped away leaving Baekhyun alone on a roadside.

“YAH!!!!!!!” he calls,

But Kai’s gone and Baekhyuns pride is gone with him.

 

-

 

Oh....Here we go again, my nap.

“I can’t belive he just leave me,” Baekhyun cry, flooded Yixings banana pillow in the process, “he leave me there, alone and sad!”

Baekhyun've been whinnig about Kai throughout the afternoon, and it looks he had no plan to stop. Yixing frowns, his nap fail miserably because Baekhyun came with tears spilling down his face and he almost makes seoul city become a muddyland. Yixing had no more energy to listen to Baekhyuns whinning about his love live but Yixing is also an angel because hedidn’t have the heart to kick a puppy who put an already kicked puppy eyes.

“Do you even listening to me?” Baekhyun says, pinching Yixings hand, annoyed because he keep nodding on every words that comes out of his mouth.

“Yeah,of course i am...” Yixing replies, rubbing his reddening hand

“What?” Baekhyun raise an eyebrow.

“Well, The roses on ms. Hyesun tab –,”

Baekhyun throw the banana pillow to Yixings face with a loud ‘twack’. Baekhyun feels his heart squeezing him tighter than before. It really is better to just go home, but there is no one to talk there, Yixing is somehow the only choice he had.

“seriously, Baek, just take your Kai from ms. Hyesun. Full force.”

“But how?”

Yixing stays still for a moment, before a smile forming on his face, “voodoo doll him!” Yixing says, laughing.Baekhyun want to throw another pillow at him again but Yixing open his mouth. “But seriously again, with you avoiding Kai all the time, it would get you away from him and make Kai closer to mrs. Hyesun, would it?”

Yixingswords makes Baekhyun silent for a moment. “Do you think i should starts stick to him again?”

“Well yes, unless you’re okay with that age-gap couple happen.” Yixing laughs again, and even Baekhyun may not holding any pillow, this time though, looks like Baekhyuns wouldn’t hesitate to use his hand. So Yixing quickly swallowed back his laughter.

 

-

 

Perhaps one side love needs to be fought too, and for that this time Baekhyun is succumbing to his pride and follow Yixings advices, and coax Yixing to drive him to Kais home. He Just want to apologize for his rude behavior earlier, when Kai just wanted to give him a nice ride. A smile makes it way to his face when he saw Kai’s gate was unlocked. But the smile faded as Baekhyun reach Kai’s porch, Ms. Hyesun is there, sitting gracefully in Kai’s living room.

Run.., something is his head said.

 

Baekhyun run. . .

 

In point of fact, going to Kai’s house is the worst ideas ever. Worst of the worst in fact. This is Yixings fault! That was all his idea none of it was Baekhyuns. And now Baekhyun have to accept the fact that there is Ms. Hyesun sitting in Kai living room.

 

-

 

Where is Kai! Goddamnit, where is he?!

Kai should know this, this scene in front of Baekhyun very eyes. Ms. Hyesun get into the car with the doors opened by a man. if Kai know what kind of ms. Hyesun is, it will hurt him. Baekhyun sighs and hides his face in his palms, but another part of him wants to tell everything he saw to Kai, so that he could throw away his feelings for ms. Hyesun deep into the ocean. Aish ungreatful !

“Baekhyun?”

“Kai!” Baekhyun calls, running toward his friend, “where have you been?!”

“Uh... I just got out of the parking lot?” Kai answer innocently clueless.

“Oh, right parking lot, I should have known you always come at this hour.” Baekhyun mumbles, feels more and more sorry to seeing Kais clueless face.

“So..., are you waiting for me?” Kai smirks, pinching his cheek.

“I –No, I just” Baekhyun stutters, rubbing histingles cheek, “forget it, Can we have a little talk?”

“Sure, shoot.”

Duh, Kai can be very annoying and insensitivesometimes.

“Not here, Kim Kai.”

Kai raises an eyebrow,staring atBaekhyun wit a bit confusion on his face, “ but you never let me give you a ride anymore, so i thought...”

Baekhyun face flushes red remembering how y he is yesterday when he refused Kai’s offer, “Oh that, i was in a bad mood yesterday, i’m sorry.”

"What was that?" Kai sais, Bending a little too close into Baekhyuns face. a teasing smile makes its way to his lips.

"I'm so - sorry about yesterday"

"Ahh... you are sorry."

"yes."

"Okay"

"Okay?" Baekhyun asks, staring at him dumbly

"Yes, Okay." Kai answers, staring back at Baekhyun. "Are we going?"

Baekhyun is at lost for word for a momment, "Yes... yes of course."

Kai nods and smiles, then leads Baekhyun to his car. And Baekhyun melts all over again, he didnt realize how much he miss Kais smile when he was just keep busying himself being jelly with ms. Hyesun.

 

-

 

They end up in a fast food restaurant not far from their offices. After ordering two packets of breakfast, Kai refocused his attention on Baekhyun again who sat in front of him, looking adorably nervous.

“So, what do you want to talk about?” Kai asks, resting his chin on his palm.

“Um, first thing, I want to apologize if I was too interfering your bussiness.”

Hearing Baekhyun words, Kai remove his chin from his palm, fully looking at Baekhyun now.

“Second, umh. . . about Mrs. Hyesun –”

“What about her?”

Baekhyun takes a long deep breath, “what makes you like Ms. Hyesun?” Baekhyun asks, throwing away his pride, for Kai –for Kai.

“Um... She is nice, patient, smart and I'm sure she love me because she is a lovely like that,”

“She is...” Baekhyun nods, he chuckles a bit, a bitter chuckle because he should be mad but he’s got this tight felling in his chest because Kai looks so hopeful, it’s hurt. “But don’t you think she’s too old for you?”

“Hmm?”  Kai quirks an eyebrow, “for me?”

Baekhyun nods again, weaker this time.

“No..., Not for me, Baekhyun,” Kai tilts his head, observing Baekhyun with a little amused smile.

The only words that could come out of Baekhyun mouth is, “Eh?”

“My father is the one who like Ms. Hyesun.”

Baekhyun mouth is wide open, but no words came out.his brain is throbbing inside his little head.

“It's been too long since my father became a widower, since Mom died when I was a kid. Now that my father has been able to fall in love again. I feel very enthusiastic to help him to woo ms. Hyesun. Including putting roses on her desk every day.” Kai smiles again, “I'm sorry if I made you jealous in the process.”

Baekhyun nods again, because he's in too dazed to respond with the actual words. Baekhyun couldn’t describe how jumbled his feelings right now. Meanwhile Kai couldn’t hide his amusement ‘did Baekhyun just admitted that he was jealous all this’ his brain screams.

“I thought you like ms. Hyesun.” Baekhyun says softly

“Oh my god, Baekhyun, no...,  but because ofthe roses, my father made millions romantic poems that actually makes ms. Hyesun falling heads over heels over him. Now she is my soon to be mom.”

goddd... I take back everything i  said about ms. Hyesun. I promise to be a better person. Just forgive me....

Baekhyun smiles, “Congratulations, Kai.”

“Thank you,” Kai smirks, leaning closer on the table, “Now you don’t need to be jealous and please, stop avoiding me, okay?”

Baekhyun swears he feels himself reddening from his neck up to his face, “I’m not jealous!”

Kai just give him an unimpressive look.

“Or avoiding you,”

Kai pull his head, hes still staring at Baekhyun though, “ just admit it, you like –no you love me, right?” he pause and leaning his back on the chair, “I love you too, so don’t ignore me again. I don’t like it.”

Baekhyun had a small pout on his face, not an upset one, he was pouting so he didn’t smile and then cry because he is so happy he can’t think properly.

“Stop pouting, i’ll take you out later on a proper date. Now eat...” Kai says, lifting his spoons toward Baekhyun to feed him. And then he’s leaning closer again over the table when Baekhyun stop munching, he put his hands on Baekhyuns face cupping his cheeks and  into a kiss,“we are official now,” he adds.

Their first kiss. Baekhyun nearly chokes. “did you just –”

“Kiss you? Yes,” Kai smiles. "and also don't forget, I'm your boyfriend now." Kai warns, smilling as he put his chin back on his palm.

 

How the hell can i, Kim ing Kai!!!