The First Meeting: EXPECTATION

Just Girly Things

       Yi En tugged on her old, red, beat-up Converse, lacing them up so that they wouldn't somehow untie by themselves like they always did. She pulled on the white shoelaces a couple of times for good measure. Her red, shiny hair cascaded down softly around her small, pale face. She pulled on a black beanie over the mass of redness to cover up her flyaways. Yi En was wearing a white blouse with a black, pleated skirt. She looked at herself one more times in the mirror before smiling, satisfied with how she looked.

       The soft clicking of paws on the linoleum floor of Yi En's condo caught her attention. She whirled around and bent down to coo over Coco, who was wagging her small, fluffy tail excitedly. Her big, black puppy eyes melted Yi En's heart, and she kissed her on the nose a couple of times. The puppy sneezed, but cuddled up to Yi En anyways. She enjoyed the attention that she was recieving from her owner that had way too much love to give.

        "You wanna go on a walk? Yes? Yes? Of course you do!" Yi En had hopped and skipped around a few times to excite Coco, who started barking immediately.

        "Ok, ok, ok!" Yi En quickly grabbed Coco's leash that was lying on the couch, and attached it to Coco's soft, worn-out collar. The silver name tag jingled a little bit as Coco started running around. Yi En held on tight to the leash. She grabbed her phone and keys, pulling open the front door and closing it behind her, trying not to get dragged to the ground by Coco. The puppy was already sniffing around on the sidewalk, letting out little yips of joy whenever the wind would blow a little bit stronger into her face. Yi En smiled, her eyes filled with adoration towards her adorable puppy. The sky was colored a bright shade of blue, with small clouds lazily making their way across the expanse of the blue atmosphere. 

       Her shoes made small thumps against the concrete of the sidewalk, slowly wearing out the rubber lining and the bottoms of her shoes. Yi En sighed contentedly as she looked up for a little bit to enjoy the view of the sky again. At this time, Coco had decided to tug on her leash rather harshly, trying to get to a random squirrel mocking her from the top of a tree. 

       "Coco! Stop it!" Yi En stumbled and tripped forwards, her stupid shoelaces somehow untying again as she fell to her doom. She'd let go of the leash in the process of her facepalming the hard sidewalk. Except for the fact that she didn't. She'd fallen, but she landed on something... warm? She had her eyes squeezed shut, and her hands balled into fists on top of whatever she landed on. A small, but deep chuckle came from somewhere, and the surface shook. Yi En opened her eyes, and looked up to see a boy. Well, a really, reeaaallly good looking one. His dark hair was styled upwards, showing off his tan-ish skin and his shiny eyes. She blushed furiously, and got up, scrambling off of the boy's chest. She was still sitting down, her legs tucked beneath her thighs in a kneeling position. Yi En could definitely conclude that she's fallen on top of the boy, and knocked him over with her fat . She then realized that she was sitting right between his legs in an area where no girl should ever touch a stranger. 

       Yi En squeaked as she hopped up, trying not to land on the boy again, who was already starting to sit up with a highly amused look on his face. She bowed down, trying to hide her face with her hair.

       "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to fall on you! My dog was trying to catch a squirrel, and I'm already really clumsy, and I'm really sorry! Like, really, really, really, really sorry!" Once she looked up again, she had to take a step back. The boy had gotten up, and stood right in front of her, bending down on his knees so that he could stare right into her eyes. His brown, sparkling eyes met her dark, shiny ones. Her cheeks flared as she toed a crack in the sidewalk with the tip of her shoe. The boy laughed, throwing his head back as Yi En just stared.

       "That's not funny!" The boy slowly stopped laughing, straightening up to his full height, which was about a head taller than Yi En. God damn you, tall boys. 

       "That was hilarious! You should've seen your face!" He formed his face into a weird, surprised one, and ended up looking like he was choking on his own spit. Yi En huffed embarrasedly, bending down to pick up a guilty Coco, who hadn't paid any attention as to what her owner had gone through. The boy reached out, looking into Yi En's eyes to silently ask permission. Yi En nodded, smiling as he relaxed, petting Coco freely. 

       "Your dog's really cute. What's its name?" 

       "Her name's Coco! ... what's your name?" The boy looked up, and pointed to himself. 

       "Yeah... you." The boy squinted cutely, poking a finger at Yi En, who swatted it away good-naturedly. 

       "Well, you're gonna have to be a liiiiittle more specific than that." The red-haired girl pouted. She detected a hint of a Busan accent in his speech.

       "Well, I want the name of the really cute and dorky guy with nice eyes and a really reeeaally nice smile standing in front of me right now." She didn't even process what she was saying, but it sounded okay, so she didn't feel embarassed or anything. The boy smiled.

       "Well, I want the name of the gorgeous girl with red hair, pretty eyes, and cute smile standing in front of me right now." Yi En blushed cutely as she looked away from the boy, who snickered a little bit. She then took a glance at what he was wearing. He was donning a black shirt with dark jeans, and a red flannel tied loosely around his waist. He had several small, gold chains wrapped around his wrist and his neck. He had one silver stud earring in his left ear. 

       "You're gonna have to buy me coffee first to get my name, Busan boy." The boy squinted his eyes playfully again.

       "Okay, puppy. There's this really nice coffee shop around the corner. Wanna go there?" Yi En laughed.

       "Sure. But wait... puppy?" The boy smiled as he grabbed her tiny hand in his large one, walking alongside her on the sidewalk while Coco trotted in front of them.

       "Well, do you want me to call you... kitten?" Yi En slapped the boy's arm, glaring cutely at him. He'd lowered his voice at least three tones when he said "kitten." And he may or may not have involuntarily sent a shiver down Yi En's spine. The boy shrunk away, pretending to fall in mock pain. But through all of this, he still held on tight to Yi En's hand. They'd reached the coffee shop pretty quickly, and by the time they actually got out, they'd spent over 2 hours in there with 4 cups of coffee. Yi En was jittery from the caffeine, but was calmed down once the mysterious boy took her hand once again. His large hand engulfed her tiny one, fitting together perfectly like it was a puzzle piece for her hand.

       "Hey, come here. I'll walk you to your house." Yi En nodded, and looked down at the sidewalk, not daring to look into the guy's eyes. They walked in comfortable silence, with Coco walking ahead happily. Before she knew it, Yi En had reached her apartment complex. She turned to face the boy, who stared up at the building. 

       "Well, we're here. It was nice meeting you." The boy smiled a little, disappointment filling his eyes as he slowly let go of Yi En's hand. He waved quietly, and walked away. Yi En bit her lip a little. Should she ask him to stay? She didn't really have any excuses. She ran to him anyways. Her Converse beat against the ground loudly as she sped up. She grabbed onto his hand with both hands, and tugged. The boy whipped his head around, eyes wide as he stared at Yi En's flushed face. 

       "Uh... I never actually got your name, so... yeah... I, I was wondering if maybe you could tell me. Not that you have to or anything, it's just, I-" 

       "Jin Young." Yi En looked up to see the boy smiling cutely at her, his head tilted as he observed her quietly. 

       "Huh?"

       "My name's Park Jin Young. What's yours?" Yi En gaped at him, closing and opening it like a goldfish. 

       "Yi En. Tuan Yi En." Jin Young laughed as he cupped her face with his hands. He leaned down and pecked her quickly on the forehead. He smoothed out her wrinkled forehead with his thumb as he smiled. 

       "That's a really nice name." Yi En blushed even more, if that was actually possible.

       "Thanks." Jin Young stepped back reluctantly, not letting go of Yi En yet.

       "Well, I'll see you around." Yi En smiled back.

       "Yeah." Jin Young let go, and stuffed his hands cutely inside his pockets. He looked around warily to see if anybody was around. Yi En raised an eyebrow. She almost didn't see him moving in as he lunged forward, grabbed her face, and kissed her. Yi En gasped, and she quickly held onto Jin Young's forearms to support her shaky knees. The kiss was sweet, and Jin Young smiled into it as he moved his arms to her waist. He quickly stepped back, almost tripping on thin air as he walked away.

       "Bye, Yi En!" Yi En had her hand on her lips, still reminiscing in the scene. It took her a couple of seconds to realize that Jin Young had escaped.

       "Yah! PARK JIN YOUNG!"

.

.

.

.

.

PREVIEW:

       "Young Jae... I think we're out of pads." Young Jae opened one sleepy eye to find her roommate, Bam Bam pulling back her covers.

       "What? What do you mean? I just got a new pack like, a month ago!" Bam Bam smiled sheepishly.

       "Yeah... well I was on a date with Yugyeommie, and I brought a couple with me. I didn't know that they were the last ones in the pack, unnie! I'm sorry!" Young Jae groaned, rolling over in her bed. She started to get tangled up in her fluffy white sheets, and she stopped once she looked like a burrito. Her blonde hair was in her face, and she blew it away unsuccessfully.

       "Am I gonna have to get the pads this time?" Bam Bam nodded.

       "You can just go to the pharmacy! It's only a few blocks away." Young Jae stumbled out of bed.

       "Ughhhhhhh. On it."

.

.

       "IM JAE BUM! WE'RE OUT OF PADS!" Jae Bum woke up to the sounds of his two sisters screaming at him from the foot of his bed. They were infesting his already-small room, and he didn't appreciate the rude awakening at all.

       "WHADDYA WANT?! I'M TRYIN' TO SLEEP!" Yoona furrowed her eyebrows, meshing them into one. Nayeon crossed her arms over her chest sheepishly.

       "Uh... we're out of pads, and we're both on our periods, so... you're gonna have to get them for us!" Jae Bum stared incredulously at them. He pointed to himself, and raised both of his perfectly shaped eyebrows all the way up his forehead.

       "Why me? What about mom and dad?" Nayeon pouted.

       "They're both asleep!" Jae Bum scoffed at his younger sister.

       "Well, I was asleep. Until you two woke me up!" Yoona rolled her eyes, and dragged him out of bed.

       "Just go to the pharmacy. It's a couple of blocks away. There's tons of pads there, and no one will judge you for taking some. It'll be fiiiiiine." Jae Bum shuffled out of his room, mumbling curses under his breath as he shook his hair out of his face. He made his way clumsily into the bathroom, and crashed into the sink. He looked into the mirror.

       " my life."