Tinkering Lightning Bolts

Of fleeting imagery and dreamscape

Character : wooshin, xiao
Paring : xiaoshin
Genre : fluff? angst?
Synopsis : wooseok is like a storm but dongyeol is just a machine with broken gears.
A/N : My first attempt in writing a fanfic for the up10tion fandom as well as for my fav pair, xiaoshin! I also write a lot for seventeen (in my main blog) which you can check out 
here! Also this fic isn’t beta (and so are all my upcoming fics if I do write them)

 

Wooseok is like a storm and Dongyeol knows that. 

 

The older male’s heartbeat are like thunders; strong and sure. It keeps Dongyeol calm when the younger male has his head pressed to the older male’s chest, listening and counting to each and every heartbeat as if time did not really matter to him or Wooseok.

 

Dongyeol likes the comforting static shock that passes from the male’s fingers to his when they both have their hands lace firmly together. It act like a sort of reminder that this was not a dream and that he is here with Wooseok. Not to mention, Dongyeol likes how warm Wooseok’s palm. Wooseok’s palms are slightly larget than his but oh how they fit the younger male’s palms perfectly. He also likes how Wooseok would allow him to see him as his worst, if not, love him at his worst. 

 

But Dongyeol does not tell Wooseok. 

 

Dongyeol does not tell Wooseok that he is a machine with broken gears. His gears no longer move clockwise like how they are suppose to but instead, they run anti-clockwise. He doesn’t tell Wooseok that his heart no longer beats like they are suppose to, unlike Wooseok’s, when they were long broken and had never moved since. He doesn’t tell Wooseok that he is broken; that he no longer works like a proper functioning clock.

 

Wooseok is like a storm, Dongyeol knows this.

 

Perhaps it is because he is now consume by Wooseok entirely and that the older male did not seem to mind that he is broken. Wooseok likes to think Dongyeol is his entire universe when they both exchange an warm gazing eye contact with one another and he hopes Dongyeol knows this when they both have their lips pressed together, a proclamation of love and assurance. Wooseok wants Dongyeol to know he is loved. He wants Dongyeol to know he has a ‘home’ in him. 

 

And perhaps, just perhaps, Dongyeol had always been craving for a place he could call for his own even if it was filled with storms. Because Dongyeol can feel that his gears are slowly struggling but he knows surely that one day his gears will be able to function properly like how they use to, if not better. And he knows this because Wooseok is that one storm he would not mind letting his life being wrecked from.