The Promise

One Last Look

" I thought you said that you would love me forever?..."

 

He was standing there in front of me, hands in his pocket and his head hanging low.

 

" Really?"

 

I said looking at him while trying to blink my tears out.

 

"I'm sorry..."

 

His eyes bore into mine and that's the moment I knew that everything has ended.

 

"There's no more love left for me right? It's okay, you don't have to lie. I could see it right through your eyes ."

 

I forced out a laugh. Only God knew how disappointing it was and how badly it broke my heart. I looked up to him and saw a bitter smile plastered on his face.

 

"I'm really sorry..." 

 

I could faintly heard those words coming from him. I walked my way up to him and he immediately closed his eyes while saying,

 

"You can hit me all you want, I deserved it."

 

But instead, I placed my right hand of his left chest at where his heart is and said,

 

"Remember that time? When you pointed your finger here and told me that I will always going to be there forever?"

 

My voice croaked as I reminisced our past. I rubbed his left chest gently and put my ear on it so that I can hear the sound of his heartbeat.

 

"This is the last time that I would be able to listen to your heartbeat. The sound of a heartbeat that used to beat only for me."

 

Tears streamed down my cheeks and it left a little wet spot on his shirt. I still remember how he looked like when he said that I will always hold a special place in his heart. How his eyes looked so gentle and full of love. His smile that is so wonderful and showed how much he really mean it. As memories flooded back into my mind, I hugged him tight. As it felt like if I ever let him go, he would disappear. But then, he's already gone now.

 

"Thank you so much. You gave me forever within those numbered days when we were together. No matter what, there will always be a piece of you in me. A fragment memories of yours, of us, that I will keep close to my heart."

 

I looked up to him and presented my best smile ever whilst tears still flowing down my cheeks. I did this so he won't feel so bad about what has happened to us.

 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I really didn't mean to."

 

He hugged me so tight that I could feel his heartbeat against mine. I hugged him back, saying that it's okay. I cupped his face in my hand and wiped a single tear that had dropped from his left eye.

 

"It's okay. Always be happy, okay? You can't break this one promise that we had alright? "

 

I caressed his face knowing that this would be the last time ever.

 

Without a warning, he leaned down and planted a kiss on my lips. Tears that I've been trying to hold back fell again. The feel of his lips against mine. It felt so right, so perfect. What could have possibly gone wrong? Why couldn't we stay together? No matter what,  there's no use now. Past is the past. I was too selfish and that's why I lost him.

 

After our last kiss, I planted my forehead against his and whispered,

 

"Thank you for everything. I'm sorry... and I still love you."

 

I just wanted him to know for the last time, there's still love left inside my heart all for him.

 

Then we hugged for the last time and said our goodbye. He turned his back on me and started to walk away. The sound of his footsteps, the view of his back disappearing into thin air. I saw my life, my happiness, my forever and my whole world left. It hurts so much but his last promise that he made to me earlier, it makes all this suffering much easier to bear with. I know that there's no hope left in it but one thing that I knew is I'm still gonna be there, inside a little place in his heart no matter what happen.

 

_________________________________________________________

 

"I promise you, I won't ever forget about you. You will always be here. It's your place. No one can ever take that from you."

 

He took her hand and placed it on his left chest as they looked at each other lovingly and a sincere smile both plastered on their faces, knowing that their past love was real and could never be replaced. The past could never be brought back but will always, always and always stay alive in their hearts. Perhaps it will continue to live on forever.

 

 

"Maybe in another lifetime, we can finally have our own forever." 

 

                                   -THE END-

 

xxxxxx

 

So hey. How was it? :3  Hoho. For me, love is making sacrifices and love is selfless. Tell me if you want another one shot or sequel and it will finally depend on my lazy-o-meter 😂 Bye bye guys!