Final

One Day In The Rain

Headcanon: >Jimin standing in front of Jungkook's house with a big bouqet of flowers, too nervous to ring. i just had that in mind im jikook trash.<

Author: Matthew  [@sehunniesaegyo]

Characters/Shipping: Jimin, Jungkook [Jikook] //BTS//

Genre: Fluff, VERY short OS (5 pages in Word)

Wordcount: 3.243

Note: Jimin and Jungkook belong to themselves (I hope), the idea and storyline (if you can call it that, when you write a short OS) are mine~ Have fun though, don't kill yourself from this crap <3

 

The red-haired was twisting his thumbs, anxiously biting his lip, while the soft sound of raindrops falling to the ground was surrounding him. The paper that was wrapped around the flowers crackled quietly through both, the trembling of the boy's hands and the chill wind. Sighs escaped his pink lips, as he gripped the bouquet more tight, pressing it against his pounding chest. Just get it over with, he thought, but walking up and down anyways. The breeze was messing with his red-hair, wetting it slightly. As he straightened his back, the male lifted his left pointing finger, pressing the small, golden button next to the door. Goosebumps left a trail on the 95-liners back, making him shudder as he tiptoed, when he heard the bell ring. Not that he was nervous- okay maybe he was a little too nervous - but every second that flew by without the front door opening made him patter from one foot to the other. Haha, will he even open the door? Yes, the male judged quickly, but to his surprise he heard footsteps on the other side of the wooden door.

"Knock, knock", he said loud enough to overtone the rain and to be heard on the other side, a smile creeping on his face, pierced with raindrops. The man heard short laughter, that was quickly silenced by a forced sigh, from the other side. "Do you really want to play this or should I just open the door, Jimin-ssi?" As the pal went silent, not answering the youngers question, he continued, "who's there?" "Jeon Jeonggukie~", the small immediately shouted, pressing his ear against the wooden door to hear the younger better. The red haired's heart was throbbing so much that the song "Heart Attack" might just express how much it did beat out of excitement.  He thought it was loud enough for the other to hear through the front door of his house, it was aching enough. A pause was made before the younger one answered with a question, "Jeon Jeongguk who?" The red haired began laughing the slightest, before commenting: "Jeon Jeonggukie's favorite hyung~" Without actually seeing it, Jimin knew that the younger was shaking his head with a happy sigh. Breathing out loudly, he brought the bouqet closer to his own face, waiting for the door to open finally, since he couldn't stand waiting outside in the rain anymore. "Ahh, seriously...", with a rush the door was opened and the younger's eyes widened at the flowers, before he cracked up into giggling.

"I hate you, Jeonggukie!", Jimin stated as he was 'forced' to enter the house, flicking against the youngers back. "As if", Jungkook brought out, "you could say that, when you just gave me flowers a second ago!" This idiot, the elder smiled, kicking away his shoes before falling down on the couch, "but Jeonggukie! Maybe these are evil (like you)- Wait what are you trying to do?" As the red-haired looked up, the younger of the two was untying the ribbon wrapped around the paper, that kept the flowers save to but them into a vase shortly after, grinning like a huge idiot. The crackling of the pastel paper as it was removed filled the room, making the quiet teasing unheard for anyones ears. "So you won't ask about the bouqet? You betray me! Making me wait outside in the cold, getting rain in my face, being scared of your answer!", the older pouted, pinching the youngers cheek playfully. Flicking his black hair back in a swift motion of his right hand, while desperately trying to avoid his hyungs attacks, Jungkook smiled once again: "Why should I ask, Jimin-ssi? I know you like me, you always tell me, you kn- okay, if you insist, what's up with the flowers, hyung?" The older started to pout even more after the maknae said that, everyone already knew why the youngest was knowing of the olders feelings, but him, "Ahh, why do you have to be like that, seriously... So you know how it is like valentines? Sure you do. On valentines is a great opportunity to say people that you like them very much, right? I- god, why do you have to make that face- wanted to, like...I like you. And- lily's for the purity, a single pastel rose for passion and some greens seemed like a good idea to...tell you? I sound idiotic, do I? I should start recording an Ugly People Special for Bangtan Bomb, but you got to go away for that, you know?- Ahh, seriously, stop laughing!" Even though his hyung protested that he should stop laughing at him immediately, Jungkook couldn't stop it, it was just too much from the older. "Mianhae! Mianhae! But -haha- hyung everyone knew that already!"  - "Are you trying to tell me you don't accept my formal confession? Aaah, respect your elders."

As soon as Jungkook stopped laughing at Jimin, he got flicked on the forehead. "Stop hitting me! I'm not the one being so obvious about liking my band member! But seriously, Jimin-ssi...that's sweet of you, okay? To thing you had enough courage to confess is really something- Hyung, don't hit me again!" The tries the maknae made to talk with his hyung were always interrupted, either by Jimin or himself. In the end they ended up rolling around on the ground, grinning like teenagers going through puberty, while the rain outside didn't exist anymore, at least for those two. Both of them completely ignored how beautiful the sun looked as it was touching the ground, erupting into a spectacle of various colours, the fact that they weren't the only people on the earth and also that they didn't have all the time they wanted, plus the extra fact that they still haven't cleared their relation. You could tell by just hearing their happy squeaking -which they would never admit in their lifetime- that they were having way to much fun. Rain flowing down the windowpanes was nothing they would ever care about this evening, the only thing in mind was playing around with each other, as long as the others were...well what where they doing exactly? The only thing they said was that they were leaving for two days, because of "important matters" and haven't been seen since. Their styled hair and their clothes were completely messed up after rolling on the floor but they didn't bother with it as they sat up.

"So?"

"What?"

"Tell me, Jeonggukie!"

"What is there to tell you?"

"..."

"Fine."

"Hyung, you sure are something...Bringing me flowers and being too awkward to properly talk with me! Aish, stop hitting me again, Jimin-ssi...Well, we all saw that flowery expression and I guess everyone heard you complimenting me like everytime you were awake, plus you bring me up in every unrelated conversation, don't deny it!", he across his puffy lips, intentionally teasing his hyung in the process of doing so, while his own hair, "You're so obvious about it, it hurts... May I say that you probably did not notice me giving in eventually? What an idiotic person my hyung is...why am I younger than you, seriously!" Needless to say that his gaze wandered across the whole room as he spoke, staring at one point, he couldn't stand it! He let his eyes travel over the screen that hung on the other side of the room, across the shelves and plants that were giving off a comfortable atmosphere.

Hello Hello (What) Hello Hello (What)

Tell me what you want right now

Hello Hello (What) Hello Hello (What)

Imma give it to you, girl, right now!

"You like stretching your words, do you? Ah, really, I didn't think you would say it right away, but that you're talking this much...Ah, I don't hate it!" Wrapping an arm aroud Jungkook's neck was one thing, maing their foreheads nearly touch was another. Actually he was forcing Jungkook to look at him, because he got annoyed of him talking around it, while not even looking at Jimin. "I- this- Jimin-ssi, you're handsome, I like you, don't make an Ugly People Special with yourself, okay? No really, how do I prove that I like you? I mean you did! You even gave me flowers in an expensive paper! Tell me what you want right now" Kiss me just one time. Even if you don't like me the way I like you, just do it... He didn't actually expect pale hands to be wrapped around him, he expected it as much as the sudden eye contact made, locking both of the dark orbs they called eyes. Time seemed to stop at the moment their lips connected with each other, just for a split second. The 97-liner pulled back as soon as his friend blinked, "W-wait did I mess up?" You didn't even have to take a look inside those dark brown eyes to know that those were filled with confusion, really the boy didn't know what to say, "Hyung, I'm sorry if I messed up..." The only thing his elder did though was staring at the younger male, as if he couldn't comprehend what just happened, his lips that were just touched by another pair of lips were prickling at the burning sensation, so he really couldn't comprehend anything at this moment. Sparkle covered dark brown orbs, creating a small universe inside the orbits. And even if it was just a simple, silent reply to the statements the younger did, it was enough, not just enough it may also have been more than he wanted to hear: "You didn't mess anything up, don't worry." Nothing more was that could've been spilled was tracing over the olders lips, when he cracked a smile.

"You shouldn't blink confused when someone kisses you."

"You shouldn't kiss people out of the blue then!"

"You shouldn't think loudly if thats what you want."

"You shouldn't listen to me thinking loudly.....You don't talk to your hyung like that either."

Silence that intervened their arguing was cut short, as a sigh relieved itself from both of them. "Ahh, seriously though...I'm jealous of Taehyung-" "Why would you be jealous of him, hyung? Man, what are you thinking..." Confusion slid it's way into the youngers face again, making him bite his lip, while questioning. Before he could ask any further question the red haired stood up, poking the maknae's cheek:"You're serious? God, there I thought you wouldn't be that pure...But your first kiss was spent to him, wasn't it? Look, that's why I'm jealous, Jeon!" Jungkook jumped back at the poking, while coughing quietly. "I haven't exactly...Well, maybe I was the one who kissed you but that doesn't mean it wasn't my first-" "Wait", the other raised his voice, "you haven't? Weren't you like in a relationship, before you dumped each other a year ago?" Jeon's voice was no more than a whisper after his hyung just found out he had been pulling wrong lines, shining victoriously "I swear Jimin-ssi, we didn't kiss. We- You know how in every MV we're all bad guys, but in reality we're so shy...well not all of us, but you can say that of him and me. Yoongi is more the swearing type of person, Jin is...well he eats a lot, Namjoon...i don't know, he's more poetic than in our MVs? Hoseok is...dancing to girl groups- And you're...Uhm, I can't figure you out, one moment you're like the cutest and purest angel and the next seconds you're hot like a demon that crawled it's way up from hell to seduce me. Like, Jimin-ssi, please stop doing that it confuses my heart." As he continued talking, the red flush on Jimin's cheeks continued to heat up, blossoming in a sharp tone of crimson-like red, no that's too much, say if you would have darkened it, you would have gotten a crimson red.

"You fluster me, young one, I'm going to make you my boyfriend!"

"Did you just-"

"Yes, please accept me or I'll sink back into the hell I crawled up from to become hotter and seduce you even more"

A near invisible grin spread out on Jungkook's face as the latter kept blinking like a teenage girl trying to get her crush to like her: "Do you even know how long I waited for you to ask that? Truth to be told, Taehyung and I never were engaged in a relationship, but people starting to think we were, because we spent so much time together, became fun, so we tried playing along, look how many funny stories happened! I liked you since, I don't even know anymore, I just saw you and talked to you- don't bring up our pre-debut where I was like an owl, hiding and waking up at inhuman times, because I was so shy- then I realized you're my hyung and I shouldn't like my hyung this much, but I couldn't stop, so yeah. I'm going to accept that, with the condition that you tell me about your first kiss before you can be jolly and kiss me." He was such a tease, over his lip, before biting it, gazing at Jimin. "So I lost my first to a person you might call Jeon Jeongguk, some minutes ago because I'm thinking out loud, but it wasn't bad that I did! Now I can call this guy my boyfriend, who just told me his life-story or so...Handsome boy, do you know him?" A playful poke on the forehead, which was indeed already expected, was the only answer he got, "You're such an idiot. Now kiss me, hyuung." "You're so desperate-Anyways, have I ever told you that-"

"Shut up, Jimin-ssi", to be an even bigger tease the younger stretched his voice to a kind of impure tone. "Finee" Not a second later, warmth spread, filling up their insides and shaking up hearts, concluding to an outburst of heat that filled -what it felt like- the whole room and would burn skin if you entered it now. The feeling that created a void-like emptiness in their minds as mouths met was describable, but not with the state of mind the men were in at that exact moment. If kisses were dangerous, they would've known that their lips would feel like they were melting, that the line between them would vanish, but sure, kissing wasn't dangerous because it had not a single time called out further physical handicaps. The empty space in both their minds was soon filled with something indeterminable, it wasn't a clear emotion such as happiness or sadness, more a mash-up of various feelings pushed together to create this single emotion. None of them could say "I'm happy", it was rather confusing to put it that way, yes, sure they felt a kind of joy, also though did they feel as if they would pop like a balloon that was pierced from a needle, plus the extraordinary feel of crying out of pure misery that hung over the men like a raincloud, waiting to spray it's contents on anyone walking under it, the misery that was unexplainable why exactly it was there, but somehow you could explain it. Not the type of misery that made you all sad inside, making you want to cry because you're in pain, whether it be emotional or physical, more the type of misery that called out that every most beautiful moment in life has to end one time. Their lips soon moved in a rhythm, none was too fast to destroy the rhythm they themselves created, heart humming a sweet, joyous melody in the same beat, matching their bodies together.

And as the time came that their lungs failed pumping out the last air they had inside them, made breathing hard, they split, having to catch their breath properly. "Do you know that you're such a good kisser? Can't believe you never did that", the 97-liner mumbled, clinging onto the smaller. "I can say the same for you, brat. Gosh, that was ing amazing- Not trying to cuss as much as Yoongi, but wow, , how did I became this lucky." - "911, my hyung, whose kind of also my partner, is cheesy, how do I stop him?" Without wasting a second thinking of a resolve to the youngers problem,  the olders mouth exploded like a bomb, making him solve Jeon's problem at lightspeed, "To shut people up you often press or hold their mouths together, so no further cheesiness can come out. It might sound intimate, but no, the shutting of an others speakers is a normal human reaction. Don't worry about your hyungs cheesiness though, I think he might have a good reason to be like that." The red haired stuck his tongue out playfully, grinning at the younger, but taller, who only sighed at the older, wondering why exactly he had fallen for him, before pinching the olders cheeks. "Mmh, that's why I like my hyung, isn't it?"

It was only a matter of time until Park jumped around the room, sing-songing things like "My dongsaeng is my boooyfriend" or he started to sing I Got A Boy. And only a short time before both boys switched on the tv and started dancing to songs of either their band or other groups. Of course, they were way too jolly about the fact that they did confess and weren't rejected by the other, but due to their extreme level of maturity, the males did not waste their time on long romantic, cheesy speeches anymore and instead kissed each other on the cheeks, while celebrating - well kind of- with dancing. If the other members were in the dorm yet, which they weren't but if they would come in now the couple wouldn't even notice them, they would all need to cover up their eyes and gouge their dark eyes out. Why? Throughout the whole dorm -if they were dancing songs they knew the lyrics to- one would hear shouting, like "앞태도 최고 뒤태도 최고 머리부터 발끝까지 최고 최고". And so the day passed with loud giggles, exhausted panting and butterflies. Literally. The end of the day they had both butterflies in their stomach and sang Butterfly, dancing slowly.

Eventually they fell asleep on the couch in the living room of the dorm, quiet music playing from the speakers, snuggled up into blankets and pillows on each others shoulder.

...

A/N: Well uh, I'm no good at writing fanfiction, stories in general -as you might have noticed after this thing-, but I really hope you don't want to like...Burn it in a fire before burying it. Or bury me alive, that wouldn't ve good for my health-- So, I had this idea really late, so I was tired and all [it's indeed 4 am right when I write this]...I'd appreciate critic from everyone, if it's helpful, please write a comment, okay? Haha, I'm really sorry, I love you~