final

Puppy Love

Festival eagerly anticipated finally arrived. Jongdae already prepared beforehand. He hesitated to show his talent today. Even though he had several times representing his alma mater in some contests or choir events abroad. But he had a tremendous anxiety today. This was the first time he showed his potential in front of the students but more worrying him was Hyerim. The girl was not with him, even he could not find her. He waited on the waiting room that prepared before. Minseok entered the room and found him sat on the couch clenching his hand.
“Where is your partner?” Minseok sat on another couch and took his cellphone from his pocket. Jongdae didn't answer it, he just shrugged.
“You should call her. At least apologized for the unanswered call that you did.” He smiled a bit to his friend.
Suddenly, the door was broken into and Hyerim entered with gasping for breath. Minseok and Jongdae noticed Hyerim carefully.“Sunbaenim, sorry. I was late.”
“Oh finally you came.” Jongdae murmured while he’s still scanning the dress Hyerim used. In his eyes, Hyerim look very elegant. He admired her charms.
“He was worried you wouldn't show up today.” Minseok said noticing his friend amazed at her and his cheek turned into red as tomato.
“Sunbaenim, did i look so weird?” Hyerim looked at her dress.
“No, you look so gorgeous.” He stuttered. Minseok cleared his throat. Both turned their eyes to Minseok.
“Oh sunbaenim, I’m Choi Hyerim. Nice to meet you.” She bowed at him while Minseok just smiled.
“Nice to meet you, I’m Kim Minseok, a friend of the stupid Jongdae.” She giggled. “I will leave you both there, I want meet some friends from another clubs.” She just nodded watching Minseok left them both in this quiet waiting room.
“Hyerim-ah, do you practice a lot?” He hesitantly asked her.
“A-ah yes. I want to give my best at this performance.” She gave her best smile that forced to show to her senior. Jongdae who was too dumb to recognized the kind of smile just nodded at Hyerim’s answer.  Both were looking at the script.

One staff member of the festival committee entered their waiting room. They nodded and looked at each other as if speaking inwardly and encourage one another. Without them knowing, Jongdae’s hand held Hyerim’s hand. Jongdae was reflex when realized Hyerim wearing high heels walking directly helped. Although actually Hyerim already familiar with the types of shoes like that, but Jongdae not know the truth of it directly keeps hold of her until at the backstage. Hyerim peeked from behind the stage. The audience was crowded at that time and waiting for them. Although actually the situation backstage was pretty cool but cold sweat down near his temple. He looked at Hyerim who anxious and nervous on her first appearance. He tighten his grip on Hyerim’s hand. Their intense eye contact tried to make a chemistry to the performance. The staff gave a signal to appear on the stage.

A beautiful melody floated into the stage as a step Jongdae strapping walk on stage and smiled at the audience. Marching gentle walk hand in hand melodious tones of the piano. Jongdae started his part.

I wanna call the stars
Down from the sky
I wanna live a day
That never dies
I wanna change the world
Only for you
All the impossible
I wanna do

Hyerim entered with the part she sang. She smiled between her part.

I wanna hold you close
Under the rain
I wanna kiss your smile
And feel the pain
I know what's beautiful
Looking at you
In a world of lies
You are the truth

They looked at each other. Audience also participate swept up in the atmosphere they bring. As if the song was outdated in every listener's ear into a story of love that they raised to the stage.

And baby
Everytime you touch me
I become a hero
I'll make you safe
No matter where you are
And bring you
Everything you ask for
Nothing is above me
I'm shining like a candle in the dark
When you tell me that you love me

Jongdae looked back at the audience who were present at the festival. He closed his eyes as the song crept into his soul.

I wanna make you see
Just what I was
Show you the loneliness
And what it does

Hyerim was also staring at the audience, giving intense eye contact as told through her eyes.

You walked into my life
To stop my tears
Everything's easy now
I have you here

Hyerim and Jongdae once again stared meaningfully although one another did not understand the meaning of their gaze. While Minseok peeking from behind the stage able to understand the gaze.

And baby
Everytime you touch me
I become a hero
I'll make you safe
No matter where you are
And bring you
Everything you ask for
Nothing is above me
I'm shining like a candle in the dark
When you tell me that you love me

In a world without you
I would always hunger
All I need is your love to make me stronger

Hyerim's voice peaked and melodious voice that seemed to fill and hypnotize anyone who hears it. Jongdae staring and closer to her.

Along with him to continue the part is and backing vocals contributed almost the last verse of the song.
And baby
Everytime you touch me
I become a hero
I'll make you safe
No matter where you are
And bring you
Everything you ask for
Nothing is above me
I'm shining like a candle in the dark
When you tell me that you love me

Jongdae and Hyerim's voice penetrated the soul of the audience. Without engineered, they were holding hands.

You love me
When you tell me that you love me

Both of them bowed and left the stage with the standing applause that received from the audience. Jongdae saw a firm grip on his hand, broke it in one wave. Hyerim was shocked.
“Ah sorry sunbae.” She stuttered awkwardly.
“I’m the one who should say sorry to you after the call that never get picked up.” He bent a bit his head, he rubbed his nape awkwardly.
“A-ah that’s okay, Sunbae must be busy that time. I’m the one who should sorry after bothering you until this time.” She forced a smile again.
“No, you are not.” Both of them walked together back to the waiting room.
“Sunbae, could i be honest to you?” He just nodded after she said in a whisper.
“Perhaps, we did not know each other for so long. But I like you, sunbaenim. Since the day of my acceptance at this club. Your smile. I find out about you to the seniors that I often talk to. I had asked her to make sunbae as a partner. I was enrolling myself the first time when the project was announced. I know I was so annoying kept bothering you with thousands of messages and miscalls. But I just wanted to let you know that I love sunbae. A-ah this is embarrassing. Thank you for your cooperation, sunbae.” The look on her face like crying and so ashamed of her confession in front Jongdae made her run and left Jongdae motionless before their waiting room. Minseok who came out of nowhere directly patted the back of his friend who stared at the Hyerim’s departure.
“Don’t waste a chance, stupid. Opportunity is not necessarily going to come twice.” Minseok stated.
Jongdae either understand it or not, immediately ran after Hyerim who either go anywhere. Jongdae confused and realized that college was too wide to find a girl who already occupy the most beautiful side of his heart. But finally he remembered that she would always be in the faculty building.
Jongdae explored every corner of the building even ignored the famous sadistic gaze of the students studying in the building.
He also finally ventured to ask someone who looked as a same level or same year to him. At least these people ever seen was in his dorm.
“Might i know where Hyerim is?” The man was staring at him with a look of disgust and seemed to want to pounce on him. But someone else with a well-known flick of his hair throughout the campus to answer the question. “You can find her in the classroom. Ah, no, the room simulation session.” Jongdae smiled and murmured thanks to him.

He then ran after Hyerim. Finally he found her staring dumbfounded that room. It's the first time for Jongdae enter the room. The rooms were really designed very nice and as if he were in the meeting room of international organizations which he had seen in a movie. Jongdae approached Hyerim. He hugged her from behind.
“Don’t move.”
“Oh s-sunbae.” She stuttered.
“I love you too, Hyerim-ah.” He whispered it near to her ears. Whisper that made the blood rippled very strong.
“Oh s-sunbae, you must kidding me now. These feelings need not be answered. I am alright.” She muttered.
“No, hear me first, let me explain it to you.” She hesitantly nodded.
“I like you from the first glance. It’s the people called as love at the first sight. And over time we spent together, I felt uncertain. I was annoyed to see you with someone else. Perhaps this is what is called jealousy? I do not know. I do not understand. I just understand, I love you, Hyerim. I need you by my side.” He tighten his hug. Hyerim cleared .
“Sunbae…”
“I will ask you.” Jongdae lost his confidence. “Do you want to have a date with me?” Hyerim who did not believe what was happening to her now could only nod her head.
Suddenly someone told where Hyerim to Jongdae already stood with folded arms over his chest.
“That's no the way to express love to someone. You should be romantic.” Jongdae shocked and continued his proposal. “Would you be my girlfriend, Choi Hyerim?” She smiled. “Yes, i would.”
That person smiled at them as he clenched his hand before he heard a girl’s shouting from another corridor. “Excuse me, you’ll need 5 minutes to get out from this room before the student president found out your lovey-dovey here.” Jongdae was afraid. Hyerim who noticed it, rubbed her boyfriend’s hand. “Don’t be too shocked around here. Seungin sunbae always shout whenever she is in good mood.” Jongdae was relief. He turned to Hyerim still in his arms. He let go of her from his arms.
“Would you not call me sunbae later?” She tilted her head as processing his mean. Then she nodded.
“I understand, oppa.” She smiled cutely.

Jongdae never know that a project that not accidentally that bring it to a beginning of a new story in his life. Jongdae smiled that all the confusion in his heart answered. The days of love has been started since the festival was held. He would be also familiar with the faculty building that reaped a lot of rumors out there. Jongdae with his first love story.


the song was from Westlife featuring Diana Ross - When You Tell Me That You Love Me

here the link from the lyric : http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/westlife/whenyoutellmethatyouloveme.html

and the video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJfU6BGPUsw