CHAPTER 1

YOU FROM THE DREAM

        Everything was dark as usual. You have been used to this kind of environment. Suddenly, a voice was heard at the back of your head. As you turn, a boy was standing behind you with a piece of your favourite cake; cheese cake, and a candle was lit on top of the cake. “Happy Birthday to you....Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to Min Young-i...Happy Birthday to you...” he sang. It was your 17th birthday. You both sit at a corner and started to talk about things that you can’t seem to hear or remember. Suddenly, his face went blur and he started to fade. You knew that it was time for you to wake up. It was all a dream. Dream that sometimes make you think, ‘was that real?’ That made you confused between dreams and reality.

          The boy in your dream, his name was Kim Taehyung. He has been appearing in your dream for the past 5 years. While you were in the U.S, you rarely had dreams. But, went you came back to Korea, he has been appearing. It was scary at first, but as time goes by, you began to feel comfortable and sometimes hope that he was real. You will never tell anyone about him, because you’d think that people will think you are crazy. I bet they will. As you get ready for school, you saw a little box beside your bed. It was a gift from your mom. She gave you a pretty bracelet. You carved a little smile. You came down the stairs and quickly went to hug her. “Thank you for the gift!”, “Happy birthday, Min Young” she kisses you on the cheek. She cooked you the seaweed soup that you’ll usually eat went you are celebrating yours or your mom’s birthday.

         At school, you have this one crazy friend. She was your neighbour. Dahyun. She is one bright girl. She’s this kind of person who you’d think took a large amount of glucose and as a result, she over excited. She’ll dance and sing where ever or whenever she feels like. But, one thing about her is that she will be there through thick and thin. If you ever feel blue, she will make you laugh and smile. In the class she sits in front of you. Your classroom teacher changed your class’ sitting position as there was a case before about LGBT going in the school. Seriously?! Yeah, seriously! So, in order to prevent such thing to happen again, they made the students to sit as a couple. As in, girls sit next to boys. Lucky, the girls in your class outnumber the boys, so there was no one sitting next to you.

       About Kim Taehyung, Dahyun is the only human living who knew about his imaginary existence. You will tell her everything that happened in your dreams between you and Kim Taehyung. Oh, I forgot to tell you, Dahyun has got herself a boyfriend last week. His name was Boo Seungkwan. Whenever he was around me, he gave this ‘Dahyun’ vibe, which I think why they were like a match made in heaven. They mirror each other a lot! I hope you both will stay together forever.

         “Min Young, Happy Birthday!!!” Dahyun came running from the front door of the class and quickly hug you. “Thank You”. Seungkwan, who was sitting next to Dahyun wished you too. “So, did ‘he’ wish you?” asked Dahyun. You nodded your head. “He brought me a piece of cheese cake and lit a candle.” “So...what were you guys doing? Did he...KIS” you quickly place you hand on . “NO! But, we did have a small conversation. It’s just that, I can’t remember what it was about. I can’t even hear it. But, I bet it was a good one.”

             When you first met him, you were 12. For the first week of dreaming, you would run and hide from him. But, after a while you began to feel curious about him. Well, won’t you feel curious when the same person appeared in your dream for a week straight? I would......