Prologue

Never Let Me Go

Choi Young Do

The echoing sound of the rain pounding against the window was the only thing that could be heard in the large room. We stood a great distance apart, like there was an invisible void in between the both of us. But even from that distance I could see that her large eyes were filled with unshed tears. I tensed up. I've never liked seeing her cry. I hate it when she is in any kind of pain.

"After all that we have been through is this really how you want to end it?" I asked her incredulously. She shook her head as if denying the words i had just spoken but had other ideas.

"You don't believe me. How can you still want to be with me if you don't believe me?" She asked.

I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. I wanted to believe her. I desperately wanted to believe her but there was too much evidence. Still i asked trying to find a way to trust what she was telling me. "Did you go to his house and then spend the night there?" She watched me without answering and i laughed because her silence was answering for her. "Did you kiss him?" I then asked even though i knew the answer. The image of them kissing was burned into my mind and i don't think it will ever go away. How could i forgive her for this? But how could i live without her if i didn't?

Finally she said. "I shouldn't have to explain anything to you. You should just believe me." She took a deep breath after that before continuing. "I only went to his house because my father has us working on something together. I fell asleep and he didn't wake me up. The next morning when he brought me home he kissed me. I didn't kiss him. There is a difference."

Logically i know that. But I was hurt and I was pissed. I'd already taken my anger out on that bastard but it seems that I still have some more to go around. "Unpack your bag." I told her. She shook her head at me as she bent down and picked up the bag filled with some of her clothes. "I'm sorry but I cant. I think we need space, time by ourselves to think." She turned away from me and walked towards the door.

"So just like everyone whose ever mattered to me your going to leave me too?" I yelled after her.

She froze a few feet from the door. "I'm not leaving you. Your pushing me away." She said without facing me and then started walking again. In a few long strides i was by her side and i reached out to grab her wrist but then stopped. She looked down at my hand hanging in mid air and laughed sadly. "See. You cant even bare to touch me." She choked out before the tears that had been pooled in her eyes finally fell. She rushed out of the door closing it behind her and i didn't follow her. 
She was gone. She was really gone.

Soo Ha Yeon was gone.

All the rage, uncertainty, helplessness and frustration that I had been feeling for the past few months finally boiled over and erupted out of me. I shouted loudly in the empty apartment. There was no one there to hear me. Not anymore. I fell to my knees on the floor. I never imagined this for me and Ha Yeon.

She was supposed to be my only, always, forever.