final

Congrats On Your Debut

Moonbin meant to call him. Congratulate him on his debut and all that he was accomplishing. However, something always seemed to come up as he wanted to. Then when he finally found time, Moonbin couldn’t find the right words to say. Moonbin wanted to say more than a mere “congrats” but every text he typed out he ended up deleting before he could hit send. So he cheered in silence.

Chanwoo hadn’t really kept up with the boys from Fantagio since he entered YG. Could you blame him? They threw him into a survival program to possibly be added to a team that fans didn’t want to change. Even after all of that, Chanwoo wasn’t sure how to approach them. How to approach Moonbin? 

Now it was 2016 and Chanwoo heard that Moonbin was debuting soon. If there was a perfect time to finally call, it was now. Though now it was Chanwoo who never seemed to have time. He was practicing, flying to perform somewhere, or performing. Any time between that he was simply too exhausted to call. It seemed like their friendship would end like that. Due to busy schedules.

Then the day arrived.

The boys of iKON had the night off and all decided to watch tv together. They put on Show Champion and before Chanwoo knew it, he was witnessing Moonbin on stage. He grinned ear to ear almost in disbelief. Both the song and stage were a breath of fresh air and it gave Chanwoo the energy he needed. Excusing himself from the room, Chanwoo took out his phone and finally called up Moonbin. It seemed like it would keep ringing. Chanwoo almost gave up. Then the ringing stopped. He heard his voice. 

“It’s been a while,” Moonbin spoke. 

“It has,” Chanwoo agreed. “I wanted to congratulate you though. You did it. You debuted.”

The line was silent for a moment and Chanwoo thought that Moonbin might have hung up.

“Thanks,” he finally said. “I’ve been wanting to congratulate you but… something about doing it over the phone didn’t feel right.”

“You’re right. We should meet up and congratulate each other in person.”

“With what time?” Moonbin questioned. 

“With the time that we’ll make for each other. You’re my friend and it’s been too long. We’ll make this work.”

And on the other end, Moonbin couldn’t help but smile. He believed Chanwoo. The two of them would find time to catch up with one another but more importantly, congratulate each other on their debut. 

 

 

{AUTHOR NOTE:

it's not very long but i hope that you enjoy <3