Love or Die!!! Season 3

Love or Die!!! Season 3

Love or Die!!! It all started as a game. A simple brutal game that matches a couple on top of other couples’ corpses. It rapidly gained underground popularity, even before the first season air. All is well, until a particular ruined the finale of the second season… It doesn’t ruin the show popularity though. In fact, watchers are demanding some sort of “revenge”, whatever that means.

And now, here I am…

 

--The day before--

Bobby: You want me to do what!?

Junhoe: Infiltrate the game, as a participant. As simple as that.

Bobby: Are you crazy!? I’m going to die! I’m sure you’re well aware of the fact that only 1 couple can survive the game.

Junhoe: Of course we’re going to stop the game before it reaches the finale.

I realized, arguing is not an option here. It really having a superior that doesn’t really care about the safety of his subordinate.

Junhoe: You’ll be fine. I infiltrated the second season and I’m still alive.

Bobby: Yeah, with that multiple scars on your back.

Junhoe: Anyway, you know I won’t take no as an answer. Prepare your stuff, the game begins tomorrow.

 

--Tomorrow--

It seems that being kidnapped is a must for this game. And I actually have to pretend I cannot self-defence and let myself get taken. Anyway, since I’m already here, might as well enjoy the game.

???: You finally woke up!

I was surprised by the sudden appearance of a man behind me. I quickly turned around and saw a rather… how should I say this… cute boy.

???: I’m Donghyuk! I think you’re my partner since we’re in the same room.

Bobby: You can call me Bobby.

Eh… so he’s my partner? He doesn’t seem reliable at all. And the fact that if he dies I will also die… This is not good.

Announcer: Welcome, welcome!!! You guys are gathered here to participate in a series of exciting, thrilling, and romantic challenge. This is… LOVE OR DIE!!!

Donghyuk: (Excited) Oh my, oh my!!!

Announcer: After having the season 2 ruined by a certain now-infamous , we gloriously returned!!! Now, can I get your attention at the choker on your neck. That will kill you if your partner die or if you try to take it off!

Donghyuk: Aren’t you excited!? I’ve watched the first 2 seasons! This will be amazing~~!

Why is he excited at the prospect of having to play obviously-dangerous games? This is really not looking good.

Announcer: Let’s get straight to our first game… Love is in the air!!! Within 30 minutes this whole room will be filled with oh-so-dangerous gas that will surely kill you. But hey, at least you can die with your partner (laugh). Anyway, somewhere in the room there will be clue to the password that will open the door. Good luck!!!

Donghyuk: Alright! Let’s go!!!

We quickly searched the whole room for a clue. But it could be anything, it certainly won’t be a paper with the password written on it. Let’s see… There are some broken mannequins, old books, tons and tons of blanket… Where could it be…

I didn’t really take notice of the time. Before I realized, I already feel a little… hot? That’s weird, I’m not feeling dizzy or anything, just hot. I got slightly flustered, my heart beat faster, my face became red, and I can felt my… thing… got harder. What kind of stuff they put in this gas?

Then I realized, it’s not the gas that will kill us… it’s the lack of oxygen. This gas essentially increases my oxygen uptake, until there is no more oxygen… This is bad.

Donghyuk: Is it just me or am I feeling dizzy…

Bobby: Are you ok?

I approached Donghyuk, and realized that his face is also as red as me. And it looks somewhat… attractive. But no time for…

Donghyuk: Aw… Your face’s all red. Cute!

Seriously…

I continue searching for clue, but this is getting worse. I’m sure it has been about 20 minutes, and we still haven’t got anything. I can felt myself getting dizzy, my vision became blurry, and moving around become harder.

Bobby: To fail in the first challenge… How pathetic…

Donghyuk: We’re not going to fail… Come now!

He propped me, and started walking toward the door. When we reached the door, he quickly entered the password, and the door open.

Bobby: When did you?

He then gave me a big smile and showed me a piece of paper with the password written on it… So it is a piece of paper…

I took a good look on the hall we’re in. It looked somehow familiar, like I’ve seen this building before. Oh, isn’t this is the ChocoKon International building? The biggest choco cones company on earth.

Bobby: So where are we going now?

Donghyuk: Hmm… There is a lift there (point), or we can just walk through the emergency exit.

I didn’t response, not because I didn’t want to, more because I didn’t have an answer.

Donghyuk: I think the lift will lead us straight to a trap, so I choose the emergency exit.

I just hummed and nodded. He started to move toward the exit, and I followed him. When we arrived in the exit, we went up. But he hesitated to open the door.

Bobby: What’s wrong?

Donghyuk: I don’t know… I just have a bad feeling about this…

Bobby: I’ll go ahead.

I opened the door and went ahead. The door lead to a corridor, it was dimly lit. As soon as I step inside the corridor, I can feel a kick on my back. I feel forward, head first.

Bobby: Ow!!! What was that for!?

I turned around to see Donghyuk pointing a gun at my face.

Donghyuk: So you’re the one they send this time… (sighed) You don’t look as formidable as… who’s that guy again… Junhoe? Yes, Junhoe. The viewers will be disappointed. Although I must say, you are rather good-looking, so that’s a plus.

Bobby: (Surprised) Are you… Are you the mastermind?

Donghyuk: Of course not, that’s big boss. Anyway, I can kill you right here right now, but the viewers will be disappointed. They would love to see you die in a complicated puzzle.

He swiftly removed his choker with a device.

Donghyuk: Ok, now. Come with me, don’t make any…

Boom!!!

There was a big explosion, and now there is a big hole in the wall. It was Junhoe, of course it’s him. He always got a thing for a grand entrance. And there is another guy with him… who’s his name? Yunhyeong, if I’m not mistaken, Junhoe talked about him a few times.

Donghyuk: (Turned around) Tch… Reinforcement?

He aimed at Junhoe, but then he saw someone. As soon as he saw that guy, he put his gun back inside his clothes.

Donghyuk: Ah… Big boss will be made if I fight in front of him… (Turned around) Anyway, I’ll definitely see you again, Bobby.

He ran away.

Bobby: Should I chase him?

Junhoe: No need. We’ll face him again sooner or later.

Yunhyeong: Chanwoo is kidnapped... And he should be here somewhere.

Bobby: So that’s why you guys came?

Junhoe: And also to save your sorry .

Bobby: Yeah, right… And who’s that guy?

???: I’m Jinhwan.

Bobby: Jinhwan, as in winner of the 1st season?

Jinhwan: (Nod) They are saying bad things about Hanbin, like he’s the mastermind or something. But he’s not that kind of guy… I’m sure of it. He’s handsome, cute, kind, and charming, and…

Bobby: Ok, I got it.

Jinhwan: I’ll prove it to you guys! Just wait until we find the real mastermind!

Junhoe: Anyway, let’s move forward.

We follow the direction in which Donghyuk ran off. And we end up in a stair. There is one room upstairs, and another one downstairs.

Bobby: So we split?

Jinhwan: I reckon that will be the best.

Yunhyeong: I have a hunch that Chanwoo will be upstairs, so I and Junhoe will go that way. You two go downstairs.

I nodded, and started moving downstairs.

Junhoe: Oh, 1 more things.

Junhoe threw a gun at me.

Junhoe: Just in case.

 

--Upstairs--

Junhoe and Yunhyeong entered the room. There they saw a rather big room with tons of screens and computers. And there is a huge chair in the middle, it is impossible to see who it is from behind.

???: Ah! Hello there!

Yunhyeong: That voice…! Chanwoo!?

The chair turned around, revealing… surprise, surprise, Chanwoo!

Chanwoo turned around again, continue working on the computers.

Chanwoo: What bring you here?

Junhoe: You went missing.

Chanwoo: And?

Junhoe: So we followed you, with the tracking that I put in your undies.

Chanwoo: You put what? (Laugh) Oh, that’s smart. Anyway, I’ve got job, so you can just sit down and wait. Don’t touch anything though.

Junhoe: Are you the mastermind?

Chanwoo: Nope, that’s big boss.

Junhoe: So, why…

Chanwoo: Let’s say I’ve been his… accomplices, since the very beginning.

Yunhyeong: So everything in season 2 was planned?

Chanwoo: Not everything… Almost everything. You see, big boss was trying to find a way to increase the rating. And you know what’s one thing that could boost rating? It’s conflict! Hence, that’s why all this hassle of “inviting” a secret agent in the show. See, people are excited about it.

Junhoe: We’re being aired right now, are we?

Chanwoo: Of course we are. (Turn around) Maybe we should do our stuff again, viewers loved it.

Junhoe: How dare you!

Chanwoo: Don’t be mistaken. What I feel for you two is real, I’m still a human after all. But job is a job.

Yunhyeong: Let’s play a game. If we win, we take you back. If we lose, we’ll let you continue.

Chanwoo stared at them, then a smile formed in his mouth.

Chanwoo: Game, eh? That will be interesting… Let’s see… Ah, I know!

He handed two laptops, one for Junhoe and one for Yunhyeong.

Chanwoo: Right now there are 10 couples in the love tunnel. Basically, a roller coaster with path choices and deadly trap. You guys, and me, got to control which trap spring up and which don’t. If at least five of them survive this round, you win. Otherwise, I’ll asked you to leave… Wait, not leave, let’s just do some stuff for the viewers. (Smile)

Junhoe: Tch… Game on!

 

--Downstairs--

I and Jinhwan were facing the door. We were hesitating to open the door. Who knows what kind of surprise await us inside?

Jinhwan: What make you guys think Hanbin is the mastermind?

I didn’t really know the answer to that question. It’s something that only the higher up know.

Bobby: I’m not sure, they never told me… But I am guessing that there ought to be someone within the participants that make sure everything ran smoothly.

Jinhwan: Hence, if it’s not me, it’s him? But doesn’t that mean someone from the second season is also… you know?

That’s true… Wait, did they say Chanwoo was kidnapped? And they think he’s here… So, that’s mean…

Jinhwan: Are you thinking what I’m thinking? (Look upstairs)

Bobby: (Nod) Anyway, that’s their problem for now. (Reach knob) Ok, here we go.

We entered the room to find Donghyuk sitting on the entrance to a labyrinth.

Donghyuk: That was quick! Didn’t expect you guys will show up again so quickly…

Bobby: What’s this place?

Donghyuk: This place is supposed to be the third challenge, (point upstairs) but your friends and my friend are playing with them for a while, so it will take longer.

Jinhwan: (Whispering to Bobby) So what are we supposed to do here?

Donghyuk: I can hear that; you know… Why don’t we just play a game?

Bobby: Game?

Donghyuk: You see, we can play this game, just the 3 of us are enough. This game is called… Find your love!!! Simple, you 2 try to catch me, and there will be traps everywhere, obviously. Landmines, pitfall, stuffs… (Start running) I’ll be waiting!!!

Jinhwan: Eh… But this is not fair. He knows all the traps locations.

Bobby: Nothing we can do about that. We just have to follow him.

We followed the path that Donghyuk took. So far so good, no sudden explosion or anything, until we met an intersection. Jinhwan walked to the middle of the intersection.

Jinhwan: Should we split up?

Then suddenly, the floor under him open, and he ungraciously fell.

Jinhwan: Ah!!! Help!!!

But it’s too late, he’s already too far to reach.

Donghyuk: Yay!!! Now it’s just the 2 of us!

I just stared at Donghyuk, somewhat annoyed.

Donghyuk: Don’t look at me like that. You’re still my partner, remember? Besides, we’re supposed to be the victor of this season, and win our happily ever after. Well, good luck catching me!!! (Start running again)

I jumped over the big gap on the floor and start chasing him again. I took my gun, thinking I should just shoot his leg the next time I see him. But, as I got nearer, I saw him sitting down at another intersection.

Donghyuk: You see… I don’t really remember which path has which trap…

Bobby: Guess I caught you, then?

Donghyuk: (Stand up) Of course not.

He took the path to his left, but as soon as he stepped at the path, the floor opened.

Donghyuk: Oops…

But I was quick this time. I quickly ran to him and grabbed his hand before he falls. Donghyuk looked up to me with an obvious blush in his face.

Bobby: Caught you.

I pulled him up, and as soon as he reached ground level, he leaped at me.

Bobby: Wha…

Donghyuk: And guess whose heart you have caught? (Kissing Bobby all over his face) You’re my hero! (Kiss Bobby’s lips)

Bobby: (After the kiss) Tch… How am I supposed to react to this?

Donghyuk: Kiss me back, duh!

So I did…

Bobby: So, are we… good now?

Donghyuk: (Nod) Now I’ll help you catch big boss!

Bobby: Is Jinhwan… dead?

Donghyuk: Eh…? Big boss won’t kill him. He probably just won’t risk killing Jinhwan.

Bobby: So the mastermind is Hanbin?

Donghyuk: Of course he is! (Stand up) Now if this is the pitfall… then the exit should be… (Point) that way!!! (Grab Bobby’s hand) Let’s go!!!

 

--Back to upstairs--

Chanwoo: Eh…!? You guys are so good at this…

The participants have almost finished the love tunnel challenge. So far, only 3 casualties.

Chanwoo: But I won’t go down that easily!

He pressed a bunch of buttons, and suddenly… another couple down.

Junhoe: Tch…

Some of the participants already exited the love tunnel, entering the labyrinth. There were only two couples left.

Chanwoo: It’s now or never!

He pressed another buttons, but this time both Junhoe and Yunhyeong were prepared for it.

Finally, one of the couple went down, but the other one survive.

Yunhyeong: Yay!!! Five couples survive! Now, your promise.

Chanwoo: Eh… I lose… (Laugh) Fine, I will help you guys. You guys really never disappoint me. (Hug Junhoe and Yunhyeong) But are you sure you guys don’t want to do stuff with me? (Pout)

Junhoe: Not now…

Chanwoo: Fine… The way to big boss is through the lift.

They all went to the lift, and went down.

 

--Big boss office--

Everyone gathered at the office, and they could hear Jinhwan shouting.

Jinhwan: So you really are the mastermind! How dare you do all this cruel games!

Hanbin: Please don’t get mad. (Pout) You need to look at the positive side. Look at all the couples that the game made, look at us.

Jinhwan: Made with the sacrifice of countless others!

As soon as Hanbin saw us, he started blaming us.

Hanbin: This is all because of you guys! Why do you have to bring Jinhwan here!?

Chanwoo: Hey, that’s not fair! You also made me fought with my lovers!

Hanbin: Yeah, but that’s the revenge that the viewer wanted! That’s it, I’m killing you all!

Jinhwan suddenly grabbed Hanbin’s hand and forced him to look at him.

Jinhwan: Nope! Bad Hanbin! No more killing! Otherwise, I’m breaking up with you.

Hanbin: You didn’t break up with me yet? (Smiling)

Jinhwan: Not yet. And won’t be if you just stop the game!

Hanbin: Aw… Ok… But (Start whispering stuff on Jinhwan’s ear)

Jinhwan: (Blush) Alright, fine. But it’s a promise, ok?

Hanbin: Of course.

Junhoe: Sorry for disturbing your sweet moment, but whatever that promise was, you’ll have to delay it. Hanbin is going to prison, probably forever.

Jinhwan: But why? He already said sorry!

Hanbin: True! I’m sorry! (Fail aegyo)

Junhoe: Yeah, but it won’t bring back all the dead.

Jinhwan: So will putting him in prison! Besides, if he’s going to prison than your precious Chanwoo and that Donghyuk over there have to go to!

I, Junhoe, and Yunhyeong looked visibly shocked.

Junhoe: (Sigh) Fine… I’ll let him off a world-class criminal act that deserve death penalty this once… But only this once! (Grab Chanwoo’s and Yunhyeong’s hands) C’mon!

And everything folded out nicely after that.

 

--Few weeks later--

Donghyuk: Bobby~~ Wake up!

I woke up to Donghyuk next to me. He stared at me with his adorable face and cute smile, and gosh… He’s just beautiful. But the peace is quickly disturbed.

Announcer: Wakey, wakey!!! Breakfast ready!!!

Long story short, all 7 of us went to a triple honeymoon to a private island. What’s the island name… Kony’s Island? Anyway, Hanbin decided to keep the announcer. I thought the announcer is a person at first but turned out he is a program, like Siri, but psychopath. Sichopath?

Yunhyeong: Breakfast for serial killers and secret agents are ready.

Hanbin: Are you still calling us that.

Yunhyeong: Why not, it sounds cute.

Jinhwan: There is nothing cute with serial killers!

Chanwoo: (Enter the room with Junhoe, both only wearing underwear) What’s all the ruckus?

Jinhwan: Wear something else before going outside your room, you two!

Donghyuk: (Turn to Bobby) Look at them, only wearing undies in public. We should do that too!

Yeah, good days.