among flowers and sheets part I

among flowers and sheets

I pad quietly across the room, feeling the morning chill on my skin. The cool mountain air is bracing, and the sensation makes me feel alive. I look back to Amber’s sleeping form burrowed between the pillows. She sleeps on her belly, sometimes leaving little pools of drool on the sheets. I find them endearing, and this is how I know that I must adore her. 

We arrived at the cabin early this morning after a long drive from Seoul, and after that, we hardly slept. We marveled (squealed) at the beautiful accommodations — there were little bottles of shampoo and lilac scented soap bars — and the low ceiling bedroom — remembering the kisses, the lovely strains of her long moans, and my own urgent cries, I feel myself blushing. Something about being close to nature has quickened our passion. I want to feel the silky, sticky slide of her body against mine again.  

But Amber is not a morning creature. I’m tempted to drape myself on top of her under the covers, s grazing her back. That would wake her up, I think with a smile. Instead, I make a cup of coffee for myself, and pull out a slice of pineapple pizza we picked up on the way to the cabin. Humming a tuneless song, I tip toe into the bedroom. Carefully setting down my coffee, I bring the pizza close to her nose for a good whiff, suppressing a giggle. 

Amber’s lips pucker, and I see her arm twitching as if reaching for the pizza. She  begins to mumble, “Shmell piz…” only to end with a small snore. Shaking with silent laughter, I bring around the pizza for another whiff just in time with her inhalation. This time, Amber pushes herself up, nose twitching like a little mouse, and gathering a blanket around her, shoves her bangs out of her face to reveal one open eye. 

“Is that — is that breakfast I smell?” At her voice still husky sweet from sleep, desire begins a slow unfurling. She can’t decide whether to look at the pizza or me. 

Stepping close to the edge of the bed, I hold the pizza dish in one hand with my best sassy look.

“Depends.” I am in a teasing mood today. It must be the mountain air. 

“Do you want the pizza first, or me?” Catching her eye, I run a finger from my chin all the way to my belly, slowing as I dip lower. I am bold and ridiculous at the same time. At my uncharacteristic teasing, her lips fall open, and I see the tip of her tongue peeking out. Heat pools low in my belly, remembering. Choose me, I want to say.  

She’s looking at me with her head to the side as if puzzled, eyes traveling from the pizza in my hand, to the tip of my toes wiggling with impatience.

“Can I have both?” She says slowly, the beginnings of a smile lighting her face. She crawls to me and presses a kiss on my belly. When she begins to nuzzle me, I am completely disarmed, and my intent to play the tantalizing seductress melts away. Hugging me close, she looks up at me with her half moon eyes twinkling with amusement, and I want to stay basking in her warm gaze. This moment, I think, I want to save it forever, a memory for when she’s not with me.

“Don’t ply your charms on me, missy,” I say with mock austerity, tracing her brow with my free hand. She wrinkles her nose and with a smirk, begins to mumble, “Okay I choose pizza, then.” 

Well, this little –!

Unwrapping her arms, I walk over to the remotest corner of the room, and plop down the pizza dish on the floor. Hips swaying dramatically, I walk (glide like a goddess) back to the bed where Amber is watching me with open. Holding her gaze, I take my shirt off (with rockstar flair) and give my hair a shake (like a mermaid princess), and bend over her on all fours. She falls back on the bed to look up at me from among the pillows and sheets, and under the shadowy canopy of my long hair, her eyes are lovely and full of want. I kiss her softly, tracing her lips with my tongue. Soon her legs begin moving restlessly, and she raises her arms to encircle my shoulders. Satisfied, I pull away slightly, her soft moan of protest music to my ears. 

“Let’s have a picnic outside.”