Better Tomorrow

Better Tomorrow

Inspired By the greatest love song : She’s-Better Tomorrow (Scent of a Woman OST)

 

you breathe , coming back to life. She felt her heart beating again, she opened her eyes, the image is a blur but she knows that it’s Doojoon. He was leaning in forward, his hands together like he was praying. you’s mouth feels dry and weird, “Doo…Joon…” she practically whispers to him, Doojoon jumps from his seat. A relief expression was on his face when he saw that she’s finally awake.

“H-how long was I …”

“Knocked out?”

you laugh at Doojoon’s choice of word.

“Yes, knocked out.

“A few long hours. Look at me. Look at my skin. I have eyebags.

“oh, hahaha.” You said sarcastically, getting out from the hospital bed.

“Whoa.Whoa. What are you doing, bunny?”

“I’m going out. I’m fine now.”

“Not so fast, bunny. Doc says your not to leave this very comfy bed here, until test results come out.”Doojoon said, pushing you back to the bed gently.

“But, IM FINE.”

“Last time you said that, you fainted in the middle of a shopping mall.”

“I was…uh..I’m claustrophobic.” you said trying to convince him.

“NO. SLEEP.”

“Done that. Now lets go out and have fun.”

you said, getting up, only getting pushed down by Doojoon again.

“I said no.”

you can feel her face become hot. She wants to scream right now in front of him, but she’ll lose her cool. KYAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TOO CLOSE!!!!DOOOOJOOOOOOONNNN!!!!!

“I don’t want you to… lose conscious again.”

He said, staring into her eyes with a worried expression.

NO!!!!!Not that face!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Too cute!! I. CAN’T.RESIST.you, DON'T.SAY….

“Fi~~~~ne.”

Doojoon grins and pinches her cheeks.

“Stay here, okay? I’m gonna go and buy you something to eat.”

you only nods and when he was out of sight. She wrapped herself with the blanket he gave her, resisting to sneak out.

That’s the 3rd time this month. The next one must be my time. I spent most of my life here in this boring and no cartoon channel hospital. This heart doesn’t seem like it can hold on for long. I have to hurry and say goodbye. Ah. Doojoon. I don't want him near me when I’m about to die. I can’t bear to see him crying. Wait..I haven’t even do the things I wanted…I guess it won’t matter anyway, because when I die it’s not like I can remember. you’s heart, please hold on for a while longer.

“Here ,I brought you porridge .” Doojoon said, cleaning the spoon with a tissue and hold it out for me.

“I was expecting something more than this…”

“Be grateful~”

“Arraso. Itadakimasu~”

“Still doing it Japanese style.”

you grins and digs in to her porridge.

 The next day, Doojoon finally agrees to take a stroll outside, after many hours of begging. Doojoon pushes the wheel chair and parks it under the big tree. The breeze sweeping her face and she saw how beautiful the world was.

“Doojoon-ah, I want to go back home before I die.”

“Home? But there’s no-”

“Is that okay? I just want to see it one more time. It’s been so long.”

“Okay. Let’s go.”

*****At you’s house*****

The door creaked open and Doojoon wheeled you into the living room. The floor was dirty and the furnitures were old and broken. you stands from the wheel chair. Doojoon held her hand and lead her to the rooms upstairs.

“I remember them leaving. They said, they didn't need a sick child that cant even do anything. They left after paying the hospital bill and didn't even contact me again after that.”

you…if its too hard for you, we can leave.”

“No.Im fine.”

They enter you’s old bedroom. It was spacious, everything was still there in place and not moved, just like she had remembered.

“Oh, the piano is still here. I guess they don't want to touch your stuff.”

“yea.” She said, touching the keys of the piano.

She pressed a key. “It’s still tuned.”

“Play. I know its one of your reason why you wanted to come here.” Doojoon smiles.

you took a seat and started playing her favourite piece. Its not a classic, her parents were very angry when she learned this piece and not Chopin’s .

“Kiss the rain, huh?”

“Yea. The melody is so sad. When you hear it, it feels like this piece understands your sorrows and wishes to carry it away.”

She ended the piece and stands up.

“Let’s go. This place brings back memories but it gives me the creeps.”

Doojoon just laugh.

 “Thanks for everything.”

Doojoon hugged her and drive her back to the hospital.

16 days later…

The image starts to blur. The doctors were doing everything they do know to her. 200 joules!, she heard the doctor shout .  It’s the fourth time now. Ah…Thank you for holding on, heart. I’m really grateful to you. She can feel her heart failing. It’s goodbye then. The heart beat slowing down, until it stops and you breathes out  for the final time.

Doojoon gripped the doctor’s colar.

“WHY DIDN’T ANYONE CALL ME?!”

“She doesn't want you to see her like that again. She requested it. I think…that she knows she was going to die this time. I'm so sorry for your loss, sir.”

Doojoon let go of the doctor’s colar and slumped down. His knees brought together to his chest. The doctor left him, until the nurse came for him.

“Yoon… Doojoon?”

He looks up. The nurse was holding somewhat a white envelope.

“That’s me.”

“Ah, I’m sorry for your lost. After her 3rd attack, she gave me this and told me to give it to you when she…”

“I understand. Thank you.”

The nurse gave the envelope, and left him. Doojoon stood up and walks to the big tree. He slumped down and stare at the envelope.

He opens it carefully and starts to read.

Dear Mr.Addict-to-soccer ,

When you get this, I might be in paradise already. When I was alive, I didn’t get to do things normal people can do. Like going to the theme park and join a marathon. I didn’t even get to touch sea water! Can you believe that?! But. At least I’ve done the three most important and must do’s things before I die. No.1. Visit my home. No.2. Play the piano again. No.3. Say thank you to Yoon Doojon for what he had done for me. My thanks when I was alive is not formal enough, so I decide to thank you again, formally and I ask you to forgive me for my stubbornness and pranks I’ve done. Now imagine me bowing to you~hahaha~ I hope, you’ll find someone who is better and have a longer life span than me. Doojoon ah, remember to not just play soccer with your friends, you should continue studying about music okay?Dont cry because of me again. Like you always said, Tommorow will be better! Kekeke~ I hope you remember me always, I will always love you and watch over and laugh at you when you fall.

                                                                                                                Sincerely yours,

                                                                                                                you

Doojoon sighs and stands up. He shouts towards the sky.   

“YAH, you!BUNNY!! I’ll really hit you when I get there!! Oh and you can laugh all you want as long as it makes you happy! …OKAY?!BUNNY!!        you !!SARANGHAEYO!!”

 

 

 

 

                                                                                               -------THE END-------