Final

Are You Kidding Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were seated at your favorite grey sofa chair in your public library, taking a sip of your Chai Latte while enjoying the contents that were displayed on the page of your new favorite novel. Gradually setting your drink down, you change the position you were in to give your back a moment of relaxation, since you were all curled up with the book not far from touching your face.

Dwelling deeper into the novel’s story plot, you did not notice the disheveled and intoxicated young man entering the library. Not hearing the shushes and gentle reprimands that were directed towards the young man, you continued to ignore the reality that you lived in and focused on the novel that was taking you out of this world mixed with different feelings and anticipation.

The drunk young man was wobbling around, muttering to himself, “I’m not drunk.. I’m still as sharp as a…a something. I don’t need a babysitter.”

Prior to entering the library, the young man, named Jungkook, was happily spending his time with his group of close friends. He was now of legal age and could finally partake in drinking with his fellow buddies who constantly mocked him.

But his birthday came, he was now a legal adult and had the right to consume alcohol with the others. Now they would not have to hold back from drinking for his sake, and he could actually prove the others that he was also a man! A man that could drink alcohol of course.

When Jungkook and his companions had arrived at the bar, he was ecstatic. Prior to his birthday, he had never once stepped foot in a bar and the ambiance of the place made him a bit nervous, not that the other guys needed to know that.

The rest of the boys and Jungkook decided to sit in a booth that was close to the exit, but most importantly, closed to the bar. Yoongi had asked him what he wanted and Jungkook’s mind turned blank. He did not know any types of alcoholic drinks, the only drink he knew that contained some alcohol was beer. But he knew if he blurted that out, his friends would think he was incredibly lame and still a boy.

So instead, he replied while raising a fist to the air, “The strongest drink that they serve here!”

Instantly regretting his decisions when he saw a mixture of expressions on his friend’s face. It was split against the six equally with one half having a mischievous look on their faces while the others had worried expressions.

“All right, Zombie it is!” Hoseok said, standing up and about to leave the booth but was stopped by Jin.

“Maybe we should start off with something lighter, since this will be his first drink, of course.” Jin said, giving Hoseok a stern look as if asking why he was not thinking of the youngest’s welfare.

“He might be a lightweight, we don’t know yet,” Namjoon said soon after.

“Well, we will never know if he doesn’t try, now do we?” Replied Jimin, who was eager to drink with the younger man. Jimin then turned to Jungkook, whose eyes were a bit wide with panic. “You want to see how much you can drink, right? Haven’t you been waiting for this for a long time?”

Now that Jimin had put it that way, maybe he was right. Jungkook could handle it. And if he could not, he would sure act like he could.

“I can do it! I want the strongest drink, please.” Jungkook asked, asking for permission from the eldest.

Jin, who noticed the determination flickering in Jungkook’s eyes sighed. He turned to the other boys who also worried about the drink that Jungkook was soon going to drink. “What do you guys think?”

“If he wants to, I guess we should let him,” replied Namjoon.

“He’s an adult now, he can drink what he wants,” Yoongi responded.

Jin soon nodded, and turned back to Hoseok.

“Fine, get us our usual drinks and a Zombie for Jungkook. If you need help to carry the drinks, call for us.”

Hoseok eagerly left with a skip in his steps, while Taehyung and Jimin congratulated and joked around with Jungkook.

“I hope you know what you’re doing,” Jin advised him before changing the conversation to something more comical.

Jungkook tried to focus with what the others were saying, but his eyes would soon go to Hoseok’s figure who was steadily ordering their drinks from the barista.

Noticing that the youngest was not paying any attention to what Jimin was saying, he playfully bumped his shoulders with his.

“What’s wrong? Too excited to focus?” Jimin joked while giving him a playful smile.

“Uh, yeah, of course!” Jungkook replied.

It was true that Jungkook was excited to finally try his first drink. He would show the rest of his friends that he could have fun and drink as much as they could. Sentiments of eagerness and nervousness started to pool in his stomach, but he tried his best to ignore it.

Finally refocusing and joining in the conversation. Hoseok had called out for Jin to come help him carry the seven drinks and bottles of Soju and Vodka to the table. Once they arrived to the booth, Jungkook’s eyes widen a fraction when he saw Hoseok and Jin leave to bring even more of the alcoholic drinks and beverages.

First of all, when Jungkook had asked to finally have his first alcoholic experience with his friends, he was not expecting his friends to be full out alcoholics.

“Get ready to have the time of your life!” Taehyung joked, while pouring his favorite drink, Johnnie Walker Blue, and then taking a big gulp from his glass.

Jungkook just stared wide-eyed while he watched his comrades eagerly grab the bottles and pour themselves a great amount of alcohol in their glasses.

Each one of his friends were drinking when they noticed the youngest had not moved and grabbed his drink yet.

“So, what are you waiting for?” Namjoon asked.

A bit hesitant, Jungkook raised his drink and brought it near his mouth. Parting his lips, he tilted the glass. The contents of the drink soon entered his mouth and he had to admit, the Zombie had a unique taste that was somehow satisfying.

He soon took another gulp, and felt the liquid all the way to his stomach, feeling the after burn in his throat, realizing heat was arising in his face.

The others made fun of him after he first took in a couple of sips of his Zombie drink, especially Taehyung, teasing Jungkook by pointing out how red his face has gotten with only two sips of alcohol.

Ignoring their constant mocking, Jungkook decided to gulf down all of the drink’s contents to prove his masculinity and that he was no different from the rest of the guys.

What Jungkook did not foresee was that he was indeed a lightweight. After downing his Zombie, he was instantly intoxicated. Some senses were heightened while others were muddled. Jungkook felt warmth running through his veins while the noise faded in the background.

Jungkook felt invincible. He felt like he could dance or sing and everything was great!

“See, Jungkook is a lightweight, we should have started with something lighter for him.” Jin said, shaking his head slightly.

“Well, he wanted to drink, so that’s what he gets.” Yoongi said, then took a shot. “I hope we don’t have to babysit, we came here to have fun.”

Jungkook laughed once he heard what Yoongi said. He did not know why it was so funny to him, but it was. Everything was funnier to him.

Not realizing he was laughing, Jungkook suddenly took notice and stopped. Why was he laughing? He does not remember.

Jungkook focused his attention on the alcoholic beverages that were on the table and watched the guy’s hands come and take their drink.

 He just stared and ignored everything and everyone. He ignored the playf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter