fin.

soju

short notice: rude languages and 2k words ahead.


 

min yoongi and kang seulgi have a platonic relationship as roommates. they shared an apartment in the upperclass district in the great capital of south korea, seoul.

 

yoongi came from daegu while seulgi's hometown is ansan. yoongi worked as an architect while seulgi owns a small bakery, they both don't like to talk unless its really necessary and both enjoy art. yoongi enjoy the art of rapping (he's damn good at it) and seulgi enjoy the art of making pastry, or cake in general.

 

they're pretty different. for seulgi, it was difficult to adjust with yoongi rules, it's his apartment so she must obey him.

 

for yoongi's case it's quite different though.

 


 

seulgi usually came home at 7 p.m, after that she'll prepare dinner for herself and occasionally for yoongi too, because yoongi obviously can't cook and she can't watch him eat ramen everyday. he seriously needs to learn how to cook or else he'll spend nights on hospital. she sighed and glanced at the clock, 8.30 p.m, he usually already home by this time and if he have to work overnight, he'll let her know before he goes to work, but she remembered he didn't say anything this morning, so where is he right now?

 

she sighs hardly for the third time, she forcefully put the sujebi  to the fridge, in case he came late and feel hungry, she already put notes on the fridge "preheat on the microwave first for five minutes," she also tiredly glanced at a green plate with 2 vanilla hazelnut donuts on it, he only ate one.

 

she walked to her room, slumped her body over her bed.

 

then her phone rings.

 

min yoongi.

 

she inhale deeply before answering. ready to bicker with the man.

 

"yah! min-"

 

"namjoonie! hyung miss you too," there were deep furrows on her eyebrows, he's drunk, he speaks with satoori and his voice is kinda drowsy.

 

seulgi hates it when he got drunk.

 

"namjoon, do you know how hard my life is right now? hyung has a tough life joon," he talked again, he dialed the wrong number and called the wrong person, "yoongi, i'm not-"

 

"hush! no need to speak, i just need you to listen and give me some advice-" this time he didn't gave seulgi any chance to interrupt him.

 

"first, I want to thank my client for being such a jerk and decided to change the whole concept because duh brah do you know how many sleepless nights I spent for that ing blue print? and I'm also battling with my inner mind-"

 

that's one of many reason why she hates, no, loathes it when he got drunk, he's spitting curses like fire, this, that, boy you need a soap to clean your dirty tongue.

 

"-namjoonie, do you think if a man likes a woman in every state, either her good state or her horrible state, does he like her?"

 

she stopped breathing for a second.

 

min yoongi likes someone? so he's a human after all.

 

"who?" she speaks up and hopes that yoongi doesn't recognize her voice.

 

"is it insane if i said it's my roommate?"

 

dugun dugun.

 

her heart beats crazily.

 

"you won't know how it feels namjoon! you won't know how it feels because you're living with bunch of dorks," he started to whine, very un-yoongi-likely

 

"why?" she gathered up her courage to speak up.

 

"that's the thing I don't know! Seulgi is unstable, her emotional rage, you know I can't handle delicate things like that. especially when she's throwing tantrums and become y when she's having her period. why-"

 

seulgi huffed. she took her words back, he's still heartless.

 

"do something for humankind and evaporate yoongi."

 

he laughed. eungkyakya

 

"-but strangely, I like it when she first wake up with her eyes still closed halfway, when her hair is still messy. i love it more than her styled hair, and i also love it when she makes delicious donut!"

 

seulgi smiled a bit. it's true though, a drunk person is an honest person. yoongi sounds like a kid and he's so cheesy, even her fingers are curling right now.

 

"then if you like her why you put up such cold face and attitude?"

 

he sighs, "joonie, this is why you should move out from seokjin and hoseok's place because i honestly think you'd go homo with those two-"

 

she gave the phone a distance from her ear and she laughed, hard.

 

"-you know I'm a man and she's a woman. to be honest, she's full with charisma which is so tempting for me! If i don't do that to restrain myself, you know what i will do, i go full beast mode when i'm hungry namjoon. so i have to protect her from myself."

 

she knows at first he can't adapt with the situation, he's a grown up man and she's also a grown up woman, and she's not a liar, sometimes several thoughts crossing in her mind.

 

she's blushing hard right now, tomato would be jealous.

 

long silence.

 

she heard a loud "aah" before he continued, another glass of soju. she seriously want to pick him up and take him home now.

 

"where are you now?"

 

"usual-" and with no second glance she grabbed her coat and her car key and literally sprinting to her car. she put her phone and put on her handsfree to her ear so she could drive while listening to yoongi.

 

"you know why i accept her as my roommate?"

 

that's a mystery for her.

 

"not because she's beautiful, but i saw a little bit of my personality in her so i know we will not encounter big problem plus i need someone to talk to because living in that huge apartment alone make me feel lonely-" he whined again, he loves being alone but he loathes being lonely.

 

she listened to him intently, yoongi is actually a pure sweetheart behind all his sarcastic remarks.

 

"-and she's dynamic, full with emotion, while im a boring person. i'm so surprised she could deal with me up until now"

 

"then do you remember the first time you and seulgi met?" she still pretending to be namjoon, "of course, how could I forget? she's the only person who accept the rent fees even though im the actual scammer and raise the rent fees up till ten precent from the usual price, and she understands the art of hip hop. Ah! Also she understand everything about my design for that apartment!" he excitedly said, how could she forget that day either?

 

she laughed, but now her eyes are b with tears.

 

"namjoonie, do you know what, i think im in love with her. but i don't deserve a beautiful woman like her, i also think she doesn't have any mutual feeling towards me-"

 

her tears were streaming down her face.

 

"you're wrong because i love you first, yoongi."

 


 

seulgi slumped in her seat. another deficit in today's selling. her small bakery is indeed a small business and she can't afford anymore deficit, she needs to make money in order to keep this going. she wondered if something is wrong with her bakery.

 

the thought of closing this bakery brought her to tears, she was working several part time jobs while studying and saving money, her parents also gave extra money for her to open this business. this bakery is the realization of her dreams, made with sweat, blood and tears.

 

she looked at yeri and jungkook. yeri is the cashier while jungkook work as part time baker. both part timer because they still go to school, but despite all of the challenges they made it through, yeri really liked working there and jungkook really showed passion in baking which is really pleasant for seulgi to watch. it's such a shame if she could not see them again, she could really tear apart.

 

she was looking at yeri when suddenly yeri brightens up, "welcome!" she turned around only to see a blonde haired guy with pale skin, he smiled back and seulgi thought he looked much much better when he smiled.

 

"um, im a newbie so can you recommend anything?" he asked seulgi, she was startled when he suddenly turned his head to her, "i would love to recommend you the vanilla hazelnut donut, it's not too sweet but it delivers rich flavors."

 

he smiled, again.

 

"I want two of that with a cup of chamomile tea." he said, turning his head to yeri. yeri took his order and she sprints to jungkook, while he picked a seat.

 

seulgi only watched him from afar, when he ate the donuts, sipping his chamomile tea slowly, when he searched for his round glasses because he can't read without it. she unconsciously remembered everything.

 

when he finished and about to walked out, he gave her a thumbs up, "i will bring my colleagues here to hang out, our old place is too crowded, I can't concentrate. by the way, fantastic donut! i'm a er for good donuts." he laughed while seulgi is still in daze, the corner of tugs a bit. he bid her a goodbye after promising to come back.

 

and he really did, he really came back bringing his colleagues. at first he only brought three people, but then it increases drastically until her bakery is always full on lunch time. he often discussed about his work there, because of that she knew he's an architect and from that discussion too she know his point of view of this world, the muse of his design, and what he loves the most beside his family;rapping. he releases stress from rapping and writing lyrics. his name is min yoongi but when he raps he's suga.

 

she could say, thanks to him, her bakery is still open for business and he indirectly saved her life.

 

when she wanted to thanked him formally, he suddenly stopped coming. his friends still come though. when she wanted to ask his colleagues more and more costumers also keep coming until she's too distracted.

 

then she got the chance to ask his colleagues, she got shocking news.

 

"yoongi? he changed workplace, but if you want to meet him just come to his apartment, it's not far from here. but i think now he's busy searching for roommate though,"

 


 

seulgi sighed for the tenth time after seeing a lifeless body with green hair, his bangs covered his closed eyes. she's really grateful after seeing him still breathing steadily. she sat beside him and ordered a mineral water, she also grabbed his phone from his hand, "tsk, this man, if he get drunk alone i'm pretty sure someone will rob him,"

 

she looked at his phone, his wallpaper is his family, her heart immediately melt. she also looked at his speed dial, wondering who's important for him.

 

she remembered that time he told her that number one until three is reserved for his family, number four is namjoon (because he's the most reliable person), five is seokjin, six is hoseok (because he cause many problems and he can't help but to worry), seven is jimin, eight is taehyung and nine is empty.

 

but now, her name is on number four.

 

"kang seulgi, i worry about you the most. just eat when im not there, you seriously make me worry."

 

"seulgi, i need to work overnight, don't wait up for me,"

 

"where are you? you're not home yet? uh, uh, uh, ne, oh my god kang seulgi im not an idiot! i know how to use my microwave, just come home fast."

 

"kang seulgi. let it out, cry. don't be afraid."

 

without him, she's the one who lost.

 

she brushed his bangs, revealing his peaceful face. he really love sleeping huh?

 

"min yoongi you fool. you really don't remember the first time we met?"

 

she looked at him, frowning, "it must be hard for you, being an architect isn't easy at all," she pat his head.

 

she leaned her head on the table, only a few inch from him.

"i love you yoongi."

 


a/n: yooooo, is this too fluffy? i wrote so much (fail) angst so i at this /puke/ cringeworthy or not? please comment!

 

also sorry for grammatical errors, and some nonsense sentence(s). ah! lower case is intended.

i still cant understand aff???????!?

all hail btsvelvet.