I’ll Be There: Minwoo ❄

I'll Be There ☃

 

They had a small dance break before another rapper came up. This one had light brown hair and had the cutest face. His rap was very good too.

 

Minwoo almost shoved a small, velvet box into my face. I widened my eyes in surprise and asked,

“What’s this?”

“A couple ring!” He said as he held up his other hand. It had a gold ring on its index finger.

I smiled brightly and replied,

“Aw…thanks, Minwoo!”

I took the box and opened it. In it was a ring that was identical to Minwoo’s…except a little smaller. I took it out and put it on. I let out a happy giggle.

“Did you pack the food for the picnic yet?” Minwoo asked.

“Oh yeah. The basket is in the kitchen. Let me go get it…” I said.

He stopped me and said,

“No. Let me get it. It’s probably really heavy.”

“Are you sure? I can get it myself…” I muttered.

“No it’s okay! I don’t want my girl doing all the hard work.” Minwoo winked at me.

He went into the kitchen and came back out with the basket in his hand. Today we were going to have a picnic at the park. I held his free hand and said excitedly,

“Let’s go!”

At the park, a sense of nostalgia came over me. The image of six boys came into my mind. I unconsciously smiled.

“Let’s find a sunny area to sit in!” Minwoo suggested.

I nodded in agreement and we began searching for the perfect picnic spot.

“Found it!” We shouted together.

Minwoo and I laid the blanket down on the grassy ground and sat on it. I opened the picnic basket and took out sandwiches. I handed one to him, but then he pouted at me and said,

“Feed me!”

I giggled. I unwrapped the plastic around the sandwich and cooed,

“Say ah~”

Minwoo took a huge bite out of the sandwich and said,

“It’s so good!”

“Thanks.” I replied with a big grin.

We ate our sandwiches together and reminisced about all the fun we had in the past. All the happy memories made us laugh and brought a big smile to our faces. We also chased each other around and played tag. When we were done, it was already late afternoon.

“Let’s stay here a little longer and watch the sunset!” Minwoo shouted.

“Okay.” I agreed as I wiped the sweat from his forehead.

We sat back down on the blanket and waited for the sun to set. I rested my head on his shoulder and smiled.

“Jagiya, do you love me?” Minwoo asked.

I immediately shot up and shouted,

“Of course! Why wouldn’t I?”

“I was just making sure.” He chuckled.

“Aigoo. Don’t ask me questions like that. You should know that I love you and I always will.” I said.

“I trust you completely.” He said as he pinched my cheeks and kissed me on the lips sweetly.

I put my head back on his shoulder and muttered,

“I’m feeling a little tired. Mind if I take a small nap?”

“Sure. Go ahead.” Minwoo replied.

I immediately fell asleep. In my dreams, I could see the scene that happened on a certain snowy day…

I muttered breathlessly,

“You’re here…”

“Why wouldn’t we be here?” The rapper with the cute face asked.

“Did you think it was all a prank?” The boy with the hat questioned. He gave me a beautiful smile.

“Yes.” I said with a laugh.

I didn’t know what else to say. I felt like I was at a loss for words. They were all smiling warmly at me. I pinched myself slightly and felt the pain. I was definitely not dreaming.

“I’m just wondering…where did you all come from?” I asked. 

“It doesn’t really matter, does it?" The charismatic rapper replied.

“Because now that we’re here…” His twin continued.

“We’ll always be with you…” They all said in unison.

I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I opened my eyes just in time to see Minwoo reach over and wipe it away gently.

“Did you have a bad dream?” He asked.

“No…but I do have a question.” I mumbled.

“What is it?” Minwoo tilted his head in curiosity.

“Why did they say that they’ll always be with me? They ended up leaving, didn’t they?” I said as a sad expression appeared on my face.

“What do you mean? They’ve never left you. Look at the beautiful sunset…”

I looked away from him and stared at the setting sun in awe.

“That is a symbol of them watching over you in heaven.” Minwoo explained.

A long pause.

“Besides…you still have me.” He continued. He looked at me and smiled brightly.

I turned to him and whispered,

“Thank you for everything…”

I continued admiring the sunset and for a second…I swore I could’ve spotted five figures in the distance…

Author's Note:

Uwaaaa~ it's over! Thanks to everyone who read, subscribed, and/or commented! I love you all! <3