LXXII.

Love the Rain so You Can Love Me Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By the far end of the city silently lies a cylinder structured building. It held equipments of a kind not many know of. Built with strong walls and a glass rooftop, it was designed to study the behaviors of planets and stars from billions of miles away. But for tonight, it stands strong to shelter young hearts.

 

Under the twinkling stars that lighted the sky lays two figures comfortably. They ate and spoke throughout, not minding the passing time.

 

"Kyungsoo makes the best meals." She said as she devoured her third chocolate pudding. The sight of her enjoying what he prepared made all the efforts worth it. This is why he didn't mind getting scolded and beat up by Kyungsoo after his late request.

 

"He's not a top chef for no reason." He whipped the sweet filling that kissed the side of her lips making him almost jealous. She blushed, realizing her clumsy eating.

 

"And besides, nothing but the best for my love.", he grinned. Seri rolled her eyes knowing how he's using such endearment only to be pardoned by her. But no. She would not fall for it too soon. This CEO must learn his lessons.

 

"Ah.. I'm so full." Seri slouches to the big pillows, rubbing her belly.

 

"That's because you ate too much."

 

"They're too delicious."

 

He chuckled at the cute little girl he recently watched attacking the snacks he brought. She looked so stuffed and satisfied by her meal that her smile reached the heavens. He made a mental note to thank Kyungsoo by all means possible. If it wasn't for his little hyung he was done for.

 

"So that means I'm forgiven now.", he confidently scooted close.

 

Her eyebrows furrowed and glared. Did he really think she'd just forget? Chanyeol saw the shift in her beauty. A while ago she was all smiles and giggles with all the food in her sight. However now that it was gone, she came back to being her cute sour self. He laughed before laying down. He was completely amused by her. Every single expression brought a smile to him. Even her glares made his heart jump in joy.

 

"Araseo!", he said as he placed the pillows to his head.

 

Seri followed his movements. His eyes glimmered with the stars as he looked at them. The prominent curve on his lips made his face shine brighter. His smile was so tender and full of happiness that she felt them too. Seri captured it before keeping it far within her beating muscle like every other moment she spent with this grumpy yet gentle giant of hers.

 

She smiled to herself. There was no point on asking her. She had forgiven him already. It wasn't like she could ever stay mad at him. Most especially when he knew all her soft spots.

 

A date under the stars. Who would have thought that the bad tempered Park CEO would come up with such an idea. Everything was so dreamy about it. The picnic, the lights, the prefect scenery and him. Seri felt in place. Nowhere else would feel more perfect than this.

 

The night sky displayed uncountable stars shinning above. Seri had always been so fund about them.. there was just something about these lights that made her perky. Having to share them with Chanyeol was the best feeling of all. He too felt the same. Whenever she was with him, he felt contented.

 

Their fingers crept together as they automatically bind. It was a puzzle perfectly fixed for eachother. Her heart flutters with the warmness of his palms. They remained silent while watching the sky. Wrestling their thumbs playfully as she giggled at her every lost. The sound of her giggles was enough to make Chanyeol regain his strength. Right then, he pulled her close making her face him as he faced her. His arm draped around her waist while he offered the other to lay her head to.

 

She was now enveloped by him as his faced inched hers. The flustered blush on her cheeks were too obvious and she knew it. But then she didn't mind for she longed to see him.

 

"Did you really think I won't take you out today?"

 

"I didn't hear anything from you since the other day. Even though you were out of town for a conference you always call. But this time you didn't."

 

"Ah so you were expecting?"

 

"Of course I am. How could I not when you keep on saying we'll figure things out? You even said you'd work for it."

 

"Exactly. That's what I thought so too. We were doing so well so how can we not expect for Valentine's?"

 

"What?" The puzzled look on her face remained. She studied his expression before catching the point. He was now talking about his chocolates. The boy knew the how to play with words wisely.

 

"I don't have it.", she told him straight.

 

"What?"

 

"The chocolates. I don't have it."

 

"Wae?!", he whined.

 

"I didn't think you'd come so I gave it away.", she honestly said.

 

"WHAT?!", Chanyeol jumped right up with big eyes. He just had the most unexpected surprise.

 

Seri stood as well, facing his dropped jaw. A nervous thud in her chest made her sigh. He was not going to like her next statement.

 

"I brought them earlier but you weren't showing any signs of coming so I gave them to my friends."

 

"Yah! Which friends? Who? Who is it?"

 

"Just my office mates."

 

"Call them."

 

"Why?"

 

"Take it back."

 

"Ah.. But.. They already ate it."

 

"YAH!!"

 

Seri was surprised at the raised tone. He was extremely displeased. The rounds of his eyes grew bigger with his clenched teeth.

 

"You gave Kai and Sehun, your boss and your friends but didn't even spare me one?"

 

"Ani.. I made you a whole box. But I got mad because you won't show yourself."

 

"So you just gave mine away?!"

 

"Eo."

 

"Aish." The aggrivation increased and increased with every word from her. Seri felt bad of what she did. Her anger got the best of her when she handed his chocolates so easily.

 

"Sorry.", she tugged on his shirt, pouting. It was quite a surprise that he wanted them so deeply knowing he wasn't a fan of sweets. He personally asked her to make them and even picked that box so happily.

 

"Baekhyun and Suho also texted me when they got your gift.", his voice toned down as he sulked. Jealousy can be heard from him.

 

"Kyungsoo, Jongdae, Xiumin hyung.."

 

Seri's hid her giggle with every name he mentioned. She was now finding this side of him adorable. Yes. She gave all his friends a box each. And each one is a strike to his heart. Seeing him sulk like a cute boy was a new side she saw.

 

The only thing she could thought of was to give him a tight hug. Disappointment and hurt could be seen in his eyes. It breaks her to see him that way. Chanyeol felt Seri bury her face to his chest. Her arms around his waist. He could smell the blossom scent of her that hypnotized him every time. Slowly, he began to melt from the gesture. She felt him sigh and she knew she was winning. But still she would not let go. She wanted to feel him embrace her back. The feeling of being inside his arms once again. It was her home and she needed to be sheltered.

 

"At least tell me it wasn't easy for you, that you thought twice of giving my chocolates away?"

 

She giggled, looking up to meet his eyes. Her arms not leaving the circle it made.

 

"I need to at least hear that.", he pleaded.

 

"I can always make you ones. How about tomorrow?"

 

"Ani.. it's supposed to be today."

 

His childish acts sometimes makes Seri wonder. If she didn't knew him, it would be hard to say he's an owner of a multi-million dollar company.

 

"Then... I'll just give you the sweetest one."

 

"I don't like sweets.", he sternly replied.

 

A cheeky smile appeared on her. Her body acts immediately with a pounding heart. He was upset. Even though she found it funny, she didn't want him to remain feeling that way. Not on this perfect night he made for them. She was not in doubt about anything now. Seri wanted him to feel that.

 

Her hands grabbed on his shirt, pulling him down with force. Their noses met but she softly angled to reach his lips.

 

Seri's moist yet cold lips relaxed through his warm ones. They could feel each others' strong and powerful pounding coming from their chests. Chanyeol's eyes however were shot opened. His mind baffled but his heart rejoiced.

 

He was unsure of how to react but the intoxicating feeling of her lips controlled him. She tried to make the kiss deeper by pulling him closer. He didn't resist but rather fell weakly within her arms. He seak support from her smaller frame by encircling his arms around her hips. He could feel her nibble on his lower lip. Though he knew what this meant, his mind and body was completely frozen. He went crazier with every taste of her.

 

He wasn't responding but he didn't know why. She was doing all the work but it felt too good he didn't want to disturb her. So he let her kiss him.

 

Somehow disappointed she pulled back but then saw the dumbfounded look on his face. He stared at her like a statue inside a museum made by the artistic hands of the greatest sculptor that ever lived. His ears were all red and she could almost see the same color on his cheeks. She giggled before pulling him back in. Her toes reached as far as she could with a new angle she pressed. Her lips speaking for her the unspoken words yet to be said. She relied on his hold not to fall back on her weakening legs.

 

It lasted for a few more seconds before her tip toes gave up. Her feet still sore that she didn't last long. Still, she smiled at his surprised expression. She giggled before giving him another peck to wake him up.

 

"Wha- what was that for?", he asked, stuttering.

 

"My Valentine's gift. You said it's the sweetest one." She batted her eyelashes on him as the blood vessels on his cheeks explode.

 

"Yah!"

 

"Why?"

 

"Aish."

 

"Why are you mad? It's not something I'll just give away."

 

"Why would you just do that? This is just.."

 

Seri was confused about his fuss. Wasn't he supposed to like it? She expected a grin and a confident pick up line from him but instead, she still got a whining Chanyeol. A whinnier one.

 

"Yah! You're really making me upset right now."

 

"Me? You're the one who kissed me."

 

"Huh? One more word and I'm leaving you here."

 

"You're mad? I should be the one reacting that way. Why would you kiss me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter