New things

All things new

*Junho’s P.O.V*


I don’t want to go…

I sigh heavily, standing outside the school gates. I really don’t want to go…

It was at this time that my mother’s words chose to pop up in my head and flash like a sign in Hollywood.

“-“You’re an intelligent, good-natured and talented boy. You have to go to school so that you can do as well in life as I know you can.”-”

I sigh again. I will have to do this so that I can make my mother happy and I know deep down that I have to do it for myself too.

I can’t believe that I have to transfer schools in my final year. It’s a really important year and also the year in which you are supposed to have established yourself already.

At least I can get a chance to establish myself better. I gripped the strap of my schoolbag harder than necessary, trying to give myself a false sense of comfort.

Let me just go in before I look weirder than I already do. I have already gotten some stares from a group of girls that passed by…

I took a calming breath and walked with determination into the school yard and through the main doors.

There are so many students… They’re milling about, chattering loudly and some give me glances that vary in meaning. I felt overwhelmed, but I squashed the feeling swiftly and walked on as if nothing was bothering me.


* * * * * * * * * *


*Chansung’s P.O.V*


The new boy is causing quite the commotion. The more aggressive guys in our grade are not happy with him purely due to the fact that most of the girls are going crazy over him.

I kinda feel sorry for the boy… I mean, he just got here and it’s our final year of high school. He doesn’t have anyone that he knows and he’s getting mixed reactions to his presence when we don't even know him.

I wonder what he’s like…

 - - - - -


I saw a new figure sitting at a round table with no company. Maybe I should join him? It’s not like I have any friends…
I go through school trying to avoid everyone and here I am wondering if I should show myself. What if he’s not nice? I would screw myself over by going over to him.


I saw the boy hunch over a bit and cough. I decided that I’d been standing here contemplating my next move for too long.

“Hey, are you okay?”

A pair of wide eyes were swiftly directed to me and I was struck by how attractive his features are.

“Y-Yeah, I’m good.” He smiled. He doesn’t seem too bad so far…

“Mind if I join you?”

“No, not at all.”

I sat down with my food across from him. “My name is Chansung, nice to meet you.”

“Hey Chansung, my name is Junho, I’m new here. Nice to meet you too.”

I gave him a smile, “So, how are you finding the food? I gestured to his plate.”

He laughed. “Interestingly enough, that’s why I was coughing.”

“Oh I see.” I laughed with him. “Don’t worry too much though. This is the worst the food will get. You happened to join this school at the time they serve the worst meal.”

“Seems like my type of luck.”

“You’ll be fine.” I gave him an understanding look and continued eating.


- - - - -


After some interesting conversation and getting to know one another the bell rang.

“I’ll see you around then Junho-ah.”

“Yeah, see you.”

I really like him. He seems genuinely nice and he has a good sense of humor. It’s refreshing to have someone new around that isn’t totally unpleasant.


* * * * * * * * * *  


*Wooyoung’s P.O.V*


Even though I’m always alone in this school I have my reasons. The only seemingly nice person I’ve come across is Chansung and he doesn’t seem to want to hang out around people much – like me.

Today he came to me just to say, “You know that new kid you can hear all these es talking about?”

“Yeah?”

“He seems decent. You should talk to him.” Oh great, now he’s trying to get me to socialise.

Before I could chastise him for suggesting such a thing he was gone. He’s serious.

I sighed and went on with my life, passing a few girls who giggled when I had to shift towards them to avoid being bulldozed by a crew of male idiots running through the corridor.

I’m so tired of this .


- - - - -


I walked into my English class and put my bag down by my usual spot. A girl once tried to sit with me, but she was gone in five minutes.

Since then nobody has tried.

“Hello class. I have a something great to tell you!”

Oh great, it’s another essay isn’t it?

“We have a new student!”

At least, could have been worse – it usually is.

“His name is Lee Junho and I want you to be helpful to him. As you know, this year is important!”

Yeah whatever. Suddenly a thought came to mind. What if she puts him next to me? Oh no… I can just chase him away. But then the one person that actually speaks to me would probably be angry, besides - Chansung thinks he’s a nice kid.

Nevertheless I hoped she wouldn’t do it.

“Wooyoung-ah?” .

I looked up for the first time since I entered this class today - straight into her warning eyes. “Yes Ma’am?”

“Take your bag off the chair next to you so that Junho can sit there.”

I tried hard not to show my exasperation for the sake of politeness.

The new boy walked slowly, almost cautiously by the sound of his steps, to the seat and dropped his bag next to the table.

He put a leg in place and slid into the chair. I looked up to at least give him a greeting when I felt my heart do something odd. It’s like I’ve forgotten how to breathe.

His face is undeniably attractive and his cute features go well with the smile now on his face.

“Hey.”

“Hey.” I mumbled it because I couldn’t bring myself to do more than just that.

He swallowed nervously and I followed the movement. What’s happening to me?! Pull yourself together!

“Don’t worry, you’ll get settled in no time.” I said it comfortingly to him, but it was meant for me too.

He nodded his head gratefully. “Thanks.”

With that, he didn’t bother me for the whole lesson. It was almost like he wasn’t even there.

I think I’m gonna be fine with this kid.


* * * * * * * * * *


*Junho’s P.O.V*


I excused myself and went to the bathroom that was pointed out to me during science. When I got into the stall I let myself feel free.

A sigh and then a squeal escaped my mouth. Someone spoke to me! Oh my gosh!

Then I remembered English class. That boy… what was his name again?
Wooyoung. Some part of my mind told me his name before I could even think about it.

He’s really handsome. I grinned widely.

Slowly my smile faded. You can’t do this to yourself again Junho… Memories from my other school came to me and I stopped them before I went too far. I have to keep stopping them or I will have a breakdown on the first day of a new life at school.
You can only be his friend. Don’t get any ideas about anything more.

I calmed myself and decided to go back to class before I overthink.


* * * * * * * * * *


*Wooyoung’s P.O.V*


It’s well into the second term and I’m happier than I have ever been. I never expected to get friends that I enjoy spending time with and who brighten my day.

Junho, Chansung and I have gotten closer and none of us are ever alone for more than a class.

The school has been talking about how odd it is that we get along and you know what? I don’t give a at this point. Why? Because I’m happy.

I smiled when I saw Junho at the table. Chansung has a meeting today so it’s just Junho and I.
I sat in the chair next to him.

“Hey Junho-ah.”

“Hey.”

He smiled, “You’re looking extra nice today. Did you do something different with your hair?” My heart fluttered.

“Yep. I had a haircut yesterday and I asked for something other than the usual.”

“I like the change.” Oh my God.

“Thanks.”

We sat in comfortable silence while we ate. I was done before him and I decided to wait.

A thought came to me, “Junho?”

“Yeah?”

“Would you like to come to my house? For, like, a sleepover or something.”

I heard a sharp intake of breath and wondered if I had asked at the appropriate time. When even is it appropriate to ask you friends to come to your house? I wouldn’t know. That one time Chansung came over it was because he had asked about my house and I just invited him…

“Really!?”

“Yeah.”

“Just the two of us?” Does he want someone else to be there?

“Do you want someone else there?”

“No! I mean… No. I would love to come over.”

“I’ll text you my address and stuff.”

“Sure… Ummm… But…”

“What?”

“I don’t have your number.”

“I don’t have yours either! Oh my gosh what have we been doing?”

He giggled and with that we exchanged details.


* * * * * * * * * *


*Junho’s P.O.V*

It was Friday and I was scared and really excited at the same time. After school I felt the scared feeling becoming more noticeable than during the day. Calm down Junho… What could honestly happen? Just keep yourself in check and you’ll be fine.
I sat on the bench and waited for him to come out of his last class.

I traced the grain of the wood with my fingers and thought about it properly. What if I let something slip?

“Junho-ah!”

I looked up to see a very attractive boy running towards me smiling brightly. It’s too late to turn back. Besides, I actually want to go.

“Are you ready?” He was standing beside me, breathing slightly heavier than usual.

“Ummm, yeah.”

“Don’t worry, my Mom is nice and my Dad’s not at home.”

“How’s your Dad?” I asked curiously.

“He’s nicer than my Mom.”

He extended his right hand to help me get up and I took it gratefully. I accidentally pulled a little bit harder than necessary. He lost his balance for a short while, but he recovered quickly, stepping forward to steady himself. He was way too close to me and unfortunately I like it. I can hear him breathing.

We had been holding eye-contact for some time when I realised that this is crossing the line a bit. . I looked down and cleared my throat. “Let’s go.”

“Okay.” His answer was less confident than usual. When I looked up at him he looked a bit shaken.

“Are you okay?”

“What? Oh… yeah.”

“So… which way is your house?” I asked even though I knew the answer.

“This way.”

He pulled me along by the hand that I even forgot he was holding. We walked along the street, our hands linked. It felt really nice.


* * * * * * * * * *


*Wooyoung’s P.O.V*


We were sitting in my room all alone. It’s been bothering me for a while, but now I’m very sure.
After the moment we had outside the school I realised that I like Junho, and not in a friendly way. Who wouldn’t find him attractive? He’s gorgeous and kind and fun to be around.

I turned to Junho, he was paging through an album filled with pictures of me as a young kid. “Yah! Why are you looking at that!?”

He looked up with shining eyes, “You’re so cute!!”

I felt my cheeks heating up and butterflies from my stomach to my chest. This might be worse than I thought.

He was back to paging through the album and I watched his facial expressions, my fondness for him growing as he turned each page.

When he was done he closed the album and looked at me. His delighted expression turned to confusion. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“I think I might… I know that I do… I… don’t know how to tell you.” Why did I just say that!!

Junho looked scared, “What?”

I can’t not tell him now…“Ilikeyoumorethanafriend.” I bit my bottom lip as soon as the words were out.

I was prepared for many negative reactions from him, but what I never could have predicted is what happened.

He had stood up and he was crying, hard. I felt concern build up in my body. “Junho-ah…” When my voice came out as a broken whisper I realised that I am crying too.

“Wooyoung-ah…” His sad voice makes my heart feel so sore.

“I… Do you know why I transferred schools?”

I shook my head, wanting more than anything to hug him, but I could see that whatever he had to say was important and he wanted to get it out without being interrupted.

“I… liked this boy. I liked him so much and I didn’t realise he wasn’t a good person. The whole of my second year of high school I liked him… It was in the third year that I decided I have to tell him. He…” Junho took a shaky breath.

“He laughed and called me… a whole lot of horrible things and he didn’t care when I cried. He told everyone. He told everyone that I’m a dirty filthy… and… there were people in the school who supported me… but they couldn’t do enough to stop them and eventually they disappeared because they didn’t want trouble for themselves… eventually nobody helped me anymore. Those people tortured me for two years. I would have endured the ridicule, but it got physical in my fourth year and that’s when my mother told me to transfer.”

He sniffed and wiped his face with his hands, but the old tears were replaced by new ones. I stood up and walked towards him. When I was standing right in front of him I pulled him into a tight embrace.

He took a while to gather enough strength to lift his arms and when he did he placed them around me. I his back in a comforting way. “I’m sorry Junho-ah.”

“It’s not your fault.”

“I reminded you though.”

“It wasn’t you. I’ve been thinking about it a lot recently.”

“I’ll never mention it again. I’m really sorry that I mentioned it in the first place. I don’t know what came over me. I just… looked at you and I don’t know why, but I just had to tell you.”

“Wooyoung-ah.”

“Yes?”

“I like you too.”

I pulled away from him in disbelief. When I could see his eyes again the tears had stopped flowing. He had only true honesty in his eyes and slowly a small but true smile made its way to his face.

My body moved before my mind, but my mind was aware of my body’s actions.

I leaned forward cautiously and ever so gently placed my lips on his. He moved his soft lips in time with mine and he carried me to happiness. We stayed in the moment for an unmeasured amount of time and the pure emotion we shared was easy to feel.

When he pulled away I spoke. “I’ll take care of you.”

He smiled cutely, curved eyes on show. “Does that mean you’re my boyfriend?”

“Yes, and you’re mine too.”

Junho hit me on the arm playfully, “You cheesy !”

I just laughed. I could never have known I could be so happy.


* * * * * * * * * *


*Chansung’s P.O.V*


“Okay, spill. What’s going on with you too?”

Wooyoung laughed strangely and blushed and Junho smiled while biting his lip.

After I had glared at them suspiciously for some time, Junho finally spoke, “We’re dating.”

I thought that I could sense some love vibes!

“I knew it!”

They turned looked at me with shock in perfect synchronisation. “How!?”

I shrugged, smiled and gave them both a wink before fully focusing on eating my lunch.



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

A/N

Hey there!

This is just a one shot that I wanted to write.
Sorry, it's unedited...

I hope you enjoyed it!

Feel free to comment, it makes my day!

XXX

Waiting-4-Canon