A Cup of Tea

A Cup of Tea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now it's midnight. I go to the kitchen to make a warm cup of tea. This is my everynight-routinity for my husband. After I done with it,  I take this cup of tea slowly as I walk up the stairs to my bedroom and put it on a small wooden-table beside this king-size bed. I live in a luxurious-mansion owned by My husband, Lee Jonghyun. He is a chaebol  from The Famous Lee family which got their fame in Busan because of their tough experience in running a business and managed a success for over the past twenty years in South Korea. Now Jonghyun is The CEO for his father company in Busan and live in Busan with me while other family members live in Seoul for business reasons.

It's been six month, I had married with Jonghyun. There's no significant thing that changed from our behaviour with each other. His cold and arrogant temperament still on his body, it doesn't change since we married six month ago. Yeah, I still remember the time when we first met. In the garden, the colorful flowers that blooming amazingly and beautifully are the only witness for us. As I stood from him four metres long, I knew exactly what happened to him. His eyes gave a stare to the white roses on the front-garden of my house which I watered in the morning. Then He walked closely to it and took one of the roses carefully. He closed his eyes and  smelled the fragrance quietly. Still holding the rose,  He smiled because of the classic fragrance from the white rose. I could feel the peacefulness from his smile that very sensible to adorn his handsome face. Gave the soothing impression for anyone who are lucky to see it including me, before I realized that this phenomenon is so rare to find in my whole life though I saw him everyday.

Suddenly Jonghyun appeared from the bathroom wore the red-silky bathrobe. He just done to take a bath.

 

"You didn't sleep yet?", He ask me.

"I'm still waiting for you to sleep", I answer him and he just keep silent as He sees his reflection on the mirror.

 

He stands in front of the mirror, combing his wet hair. He is looked so handsome to do it, even at the midnight he is looked so adorable. It gives him a classy-look. He sips the tea that I made for him quietly and calmly as he sits beside me on the bed. He even knows how to sip a cup of tea elegantly. After that, he put the cup back upon the table.

 

"How was today?"

"Always make me tired, I met Jung Yong-Hwa, the CEO of Shinhwa Group to discuss about Joint Venture between our company."

 

Jonghyun face's expression is flat when answer it. Everyday, it seems that this marriage is too awkward for me. He looked awkward while talking with me or didn't like when I tried to hug him from behind. He even never called me 'yeobo' or 'chagiya' or 'honey' or whatever with the sweet nickname and I never called him 'oppa'. No, it's not what I want. I want to call him 'oppa', but seeing his behaviour towards  me during this six months, I just feel awkward to call him like that. Maybe it because our marriage was born from an arrangement between Jonghyun's father and my father.

We don't love each other from the beginning. Jonghyun's father and my father was best friend since they were young and they promised to each other to arrange a marriage for their child once they grow up to maturity. And at that time, when Jonghyun took a white rose on the front-garden of my house and walked to my house with an half-age man, I just knew about this marriage-plan. My father introduced me to the half-age man and the young-charming man who sat beside him. Then I went to the kitchen and made tea for them and served it upon the table in the living room. "Gomawoyo", I heard Jonghyun said it to me. He sipped the tea and smiled at me with the same smile like what I saw in the garden, without saying anything. I saw the white rose inside his coat pocket. Jonghyun and his father is different with me and my father. They looked classy though trying to be modest. But his father was so humble to me. Then, my father asked me to sit beside him and talked about his promised with Jonghyun's father to arrange a marriage for me with Jonghyun. I felt shocked and never expected it will be happened before, I only fell silent hearing this marriage-plan. I saw Jonghyun's expression at the time, he just silent pretended there's nothing will happen to him.

Day by day I felt anxious with this arrange marriage. It felt like There was a big burden on my shoulder and the shade of sadness that I felt from across the distance. The unwillingness from something, the most joyful thing in my life. Would He let me go with all of his heart? A question that I still don't know the answer until today.

Since I married him, I learnt how to love him with all of his goodness and weakness. But doesn't he love me too? I want him to love me like I love him. He talks to me again as he stands up and see his reflection on the mirror. He combs his hair by hand. I take a look at his reddish-brown hair.

 

"What did you do today? Did you enjoy it?", he ask me.

"I went to supermarket this afternoon"

"What did you do there? Don't we have the maids who can go there?

"I just want to go shopping by myself. I felt bored just staying at home."

 

He just keep silent, still standing in front of the mirror.

"I met my old friend in supermarket."

"Then what did you do?", he ask me, pretend not to feel awkward with me. So I tell what actually happen in the supermarket to Jonghyun.

 

In Supermarket this afternoon, I met someone Whom I said to Jonghyun as my old friend. He walked in front of me to the opposite direction with a woman. They were holding each other hand and looked so close and happy. They took the vegetables beside them and put it on the trolley. Suddenly, our eyes met and he fell silent. The woman who was beside him said something to him and walk to leave him for a moment.

It's like The time sudden stopped for a while and go back to the old times, when the unwillingness was coming from the most joyful thing in my life. Six months ago, three days before the marriage happened, I met him. Someone whom I said to Jonnghyun as my old friend is someone whom I loved for the first time when I was in highschool. He is Kang Minhyuk, a cute and sweet boy, who always made me smile and happy, brought me a bunch of red roses. Seeing what he did to me, I was speechless and shed my teardrops to the ground.

 

"Three days after now, I will never

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter