you know i love you, right?

baby baby

if you had told sehun in his freshman year that he’d marry lu han, have two sons with him, and have a steady job, he would have laughed in your face.

 

him marry lu han? the most pathetic kid in his school? the kid who cried practically every day?

that was hilarious.

 

he would laugh at that as much as he laughed at lu han when his bottom lip started quivering and his brown eyes turned glassy. lu han was annoying as hell to sehun and sehun couldn’t stand him. he couldn’t stand how people babied him and thought he was so cute. he positively hated the teachers constantly giving him an exception and asking if he was okay. what did lu han cry over so much anyway? what was wrong with him?

 

and sehun get married? he had three girlfriends and slept with a different person every weekend anyway. he enjoyed getting faced and sneaking into bars despite being underage. he didn’t want to settle down nor did he ever plan on it. getting married meant you lost your freedom. it meant that he would never get to party again. the idea of being tied down by someone stressed him out. he didn’t like it one bit.

 

sehun would never admit that he would never be ready for kids because he was still a kid himself. nor would he admit he just wanted to live off his dad’s money for the rest of his life. although his father would probably strongly object to that and make him go get a job eventually.


 

but now sehun wouldn’t change anything except for how mean he was to lu han. he adores the smaller male. it took lu han a long time to believe sehun was genuine in how he felt about him.

 

but sehun really didn’t blame him. he had been an to lu han after all. plus he had had with him and left immediately to lu han’s dismay. he hadn’t been happy with that, wanting to be more than sehun’s throw away toy.

 

two months later sehun had gotten an armful of sobbing lu han. disgusting, he thought as the smaller got snot and tears all over his gray uniform. “stop that!” he yelled, pushing lu han off of him.

 

lu han was surprisingly strong and did his best to keep holding onto sehun. it didn’t work. he looked up at sehun with a wobbling bottom lip and watery eyes. “i’m scared,” he whispered into the empty hallway.

 

sehun’s eyes widened almost comically. why was the little dork telling him this? did he really think he cared? them sleeping together had meant nothing to sehun. “um…” he finally managed to respond.

 

and it hadn’t been the right thing to say because lu han had shed a fresh wave of tears. “this is your fault!” luhan shrieked and the crying male had surged forward and tried to attack his chest with small fists.

    “what the hell?” sehun tried to grab lu han’s fists, staring in shock as lu han’s chest heaved. thank god no one was in the hallways. sehun had been ditching and who knows what lu han had been doing besides crying as usual?

    “i said this is your fault, you- you idiot!”

“what’s my fault? i didn’t make you cry!”

“yes, you did! you made my hormones do this!”

“what the actual hell are you talking about?” lu han took a big breath before blurting it out.

“yougotmepregnant!”

“um… what?”

“you got me pregnant, !”

 

and sehun would have laughed over how scandalized lu han had looked because he had cursed but he had been reeling in shock. never in his history of ing around had he ever gotten someone pregnant. and the one time he did, it had to be stupid crybaby lu han.

 

after that lu han had bailed. sehun couldn’t laugh at how lu han ran either. it had set in that he was a freshman. a freshman with a kid on the way. and he had realized that his parents were going to kill him.


 

eventually the school had found out lu han was pregnant, including the principal. school rules mandated that the parents be told and a plan for the expecting student be made. it was always pretty stressful for students who hadn’t told their parents. yet lu han was not one of those students.

 

but he was pulled into the office and his parents were called. they had already known and their disappointment had long worn off by then. what they didn’t know was the identity of the father. it was blurted about ten seconds after the principal asked if the father went to this school.

 

“oh sehun!” said male’s mother shrieked. “you’re failing your classes and you’re going to be a father!?” sehun looked around his parents to glare at lu han. the tiny male was being held by his father and doted on as sehun got chewed out.

    “yeah,” he mumbled.

    “you will never see another person outside of school in your life!” while sehun was worrying about not seeing his friends, not seeing another person meant not seeing lu han. which also meant not having to take care of a stupid baby. his lips curled into a sly smile and he stared at his loafers in content. “except for lu han!” she amended, echoed by a sigh from sehun. so close. “poor boy,” she murmured sweetly, looking around at lu han. the little punk had the nerve to smile at his baby daddy’s mother.

 

but just because sehun was being forced to take care of lu han doesn’t mean he was going to do a good job of it. if lu han went to throw up, sehun rolled his eyes. if lu han was craving something, sehun made sure to tell him how much of a disgusting little freak he was for wanting something like that. if lu han had an appointment and sehun was forced to go, he stayed in the waiting room and complained to one of his friends over the phone.

 

he regrets now how he treated lu han those first months.

 

he should have rubbed his back while he vomited and  then got him a glass of water to get the taste out of his mouth. he should have happily made him or bought him whatever he was craving. and if lu han had offered him a bite, he would have taken it to make him happy. and he definitely should not have waited in the waiting room. he should have gone in with lu han and cried along with him as they heard their baby’s heartbeat. and he should have framed the sonograms like lu han did.


 

he wished he had fell in love with him earlier.

 

and he knows lu han knows this as sehun rolls over and pulls him against his chest. it isn’t him crying but their four-year-old son in lu han’s arms. “another nightmare?” he whispers with his lips against the back of lu han’s neck.

    “yeah,” he whispers with a small nod of his head.

    “jongin?”

    “daddy?” the toddler pipes up. his voice is wavering and sehun knows he’s still rattled from his nightmare. he always takes his nightmares too seriously. sehun hates it because he hates for his little boy to be upset.

    “tell us about your nightmare?” he suggests gently as lu han turns in his arms and places jongin between them.

 

jongin immediately loops small arms around his father’s neck. while he loves both his daddies equally, sehun has always been the safer one. maybe because he’s more muscular and provides a tighter hold. either way, his tears stop completely as his father holds him.

 

they give him time to calm down, not pressuring him into telling them. they knew from experience that that would make him cry again. while they wait, lu han adjusts against his husband. he slides a leg between the other man’s and frames thin arms around both his son and husband. “i love you,” he mouths over their son’s head. and sehun beams as he mouths it back.


 

“daddy didn’t want to be my daddy,” jongin finally whimpers out. both fathers immediately soften at their son’s words. but it hit especially hard with sehun because he initially had not wanted to be a father. the guilt twisted in the pit of his stomach and he was suddenly not looking at lu han. but his husband understood. he constantly tried to tell him that it was okay and as long as he was here from then on, it was okay.

 

however this wasn’t a discussion to have in front of their distressed toddler. they could talk about it later when jongin had fell asleep again.

 

sehun took a deep breath and kissed jongin’s head. “baby, of course i wanna be your daddy! you’re the best kid in the whole world!” jongin let out a tiny giggle at this, taking pride that he was better than his brothers. which wasn’t true. all of his and lu han’s children were the best kids in the whole world. he wouldn’t trade them for anything.

    “better than baekhyun?” lu han was grinning at sehun, an identical -eating grin to jongin’s.

    “better than baekhyun,” sehun lied.

 

jongin giggled and wiggled between his parents. “good night, daddies!” it took all of five minutes after both parents kissed his head for soft snores to come from him. he took after lu han in how fast he could fall asleep. sehun had always thought jongin was just like lu han. their personalities were sometimes eerily similar. like how they could both be sweet and then little s.

 

    “i hope you know jongin’s going to tell baekhyun what you said,” lu han whispered, sounding like he was about to laugh at the mess sehun had caused. he knew they’d have an armful of crying baekhyun by lunchtime.

    “.”