Chapter one

Meeting her agian

Xiumin was having a hard day at work. Being a powerful boss of the Kim corporation at an young age of 25 had made everyone push the work towards him. The reason being, "he is young". 

 
"Goddammit, these old folks gave me all their workloads again" Xiumin groaned frustratedly. He had been working non-stop since 7:00a.m till now (4:00). Right when he was about to go get lunch his business partners decided to give him a load of work to do.
 
"God, clam down Xiumin, it's not like it's the first time that this had happened to you" Lay, who was walking in the office said, chuckling at his friends action. 
 
"Lay! What are you doing here? I thought you went to China for your business trip?" Xiumin asked confused and surprised at what his younger friend was doing in his office when he was supposed to be in China for a business meeting.
 
"I WAS supposed to but they decided to delay the meeting until next week due to some reason I don't care about." Lay replied smirking.
 
"So, wanna ditch work and go out and have some lunch?" Lay asked, still smirking.
 
Xiumin smirked back. "Sure, why not? My back was starting to ache with all the work I was doing." 
 
Lay rolled his eyes at the older male and pulled him out of his office. "Stop smirking, it doesn't suit you. Let's go already." 
 
 
Meanwhile...
 
At the center of the busy Seoul there was a crowd of people around something. Or rather, someone.
 
"Baby don't cry, tonight~ 当黑夜再次亮起来~ baby don't cry, tonight"  the girl sang. 
 
Anyone who walked by stopped and took a look at who had that voice of an angel. But, when they saw how she looked like they shook their heads in pity and threw some money into the bin that reads "thank you for listening, donations are welcomed" 
 
Back to Xiumin
 
"Ahhh~ I'm so full" Xiumin said contented with what he had just eaten.
 
"Of course you are, you just ate 3 humongous plates of baozi, what do you expect? And in the end, you made ME pay! How could you!" Lay replied rolling his eyes at the elders statement. 
 
"Oh come on, you own one of the top 3 richest company in Seoul, was those baozi really THAT expensive that even you, ZHANG YIXING, can't pay for them?" Xiumin retorted back.
 
Lay was about to say something back but he was suddenly interrupted by a group of loud cheering.
 
"What was that?" Lay asked confused. "Was there some kind of performance that we don't know about going on?" 
 
Xiumin only sighed at his younger friend and walked towards the noise source.
 
As he got closer he saw a girl wearing ragged cloths bowing 90 degrees to everyone in the audience who was giving her money. "Thank you, thanks you" he heard the girl say repeatedly while still bowing.
 
As soon as she lifted her head Xiumin felt a sense of familiarity and anger shoot through him.
 
He quickened his pace and walked until he stood right in front of her. By that time everyone had moved out of the way for him and Lay who had caught up because they all knew who they were. Well, who wouldn't? One of the men own the richest company in Seoul and the other own the second richest company in Seoul. 
 
"What a pleasure of meeting you here Park Haneul" Xiumin said sarcastically.
 
As soon as the girl, Haneul, heard the voice she loved and missed so much she immediately stopped doing whatever she was doing and ran up to hug Xiumin.
 
"Xiumin?! Is that you?! It has been 7 years! How are you?!" Haneul ask excitedly while still hugging Xiumin. 
 
As soon as Xiumin came in contact with Haneul he wanted to push her off. He wanted to do so even more when he heard her say those words. 
 
And well, he did. Xiumin roughly pushed Haneul down which caused her to fall on her behind quite badly. 
 
"How am I? Well, as you can see I'm doing perfect now that I'm no longer with you." Xiumin replied sarcastically. "How are you? Had Mr. Park finally abandoned you now that you're asking for money on the streets like a beggar? 
 
Xiumin didn't realize that when he mentioned Mr. Park Haneul was already closed to tears.
 
"So, are you----" his sentence was cut off when he heard his father called him after he parked his car.
 
Mr. Kim had just finish some business with some partners in a restaurant in Seoul when he saw his son standing next to a girl. Curious, he parked his car and called out to his son. 
 
Soon, he regretted that. The moment he saw her he knew that she was the daughter of Mr. Park who he had worked together with for 15 years. How couldn't he? After all he was her butler for 15 years before he had decided to leave and adopt Xiumin as his son.
 
"Young miss, how are you?" Mr. Kim asked nervously.
 
"Dad, you don't need to call her miss. Look at her, she's only a lowly beggar that doesn't deserve our attention."  Xiumin said as he was still angry with her.
 
"Son, let's bring her home for now. She was still your master after all" Mr. Kim said and Xiumin agreed reluctantly because he doesn't want to go against his own father. 
 
Lay, who was watching on the sideline was totally confused at what was happening. "Wait, Xiumin, do you know her?" He asked.
 
Xiumin sighed and told him that he'll explain later and with that Lay shut upped 
 
Haneul who was once feeling sad was now feeling surprised. "No, it's okay. I don't want to bother you guys." She told Mr. Kim. 
 
"You're not bothering us young miss. Our home is also yours." Mr. Kim said.
 
Hearing that Haneul slowly nodded even though she still thinks that this is a bad idea.
 
With that, Haneul, Xiumin, and Lay went in Mr. Kim's car and he drove towards the Kim mansion. 
 
What Haneul didn't know, what Xiumin didn't know, what Lay didn't know, what anyone didn't know except Mr. Kim was that this was a very very wrong choice...