Stone Cold - Jinyoung

Flight Logs

Stone cold, stone cold

You see me standing, but I’m dying on the floor

Stone cold, stone cold

Maybe if I don’t cry, I won’t feel anymore

 

Stone cold, baby

God knows I tried to feel

Happy for you

Know that I am, even if I

Can’t understand, I’ll take the pain

Give me the truth, me and my heart

We’ll make it through

If happy is her, I’m happy for you

 

She felt so cold. Frozen there as she stared at the two of them cuddling on the couch. She knew she should’ve known better. She knew she should’ve been prepared. But it tore at her heart. Tore at her soul to see Jinyoung so close to someone else.

“Haneul! You’re back!” Jinyoung shouted when he noticed her coming through the door. “Come here. This is Ara, the one I’ve been meaning to introduce you to.”

She clenched her teeth and kept her emotions at bay as she walked towards them. Forcing a smile, she reached out and introduced herself.

“Hi, I’m Hanuel. I’m the roommate,” Ara smiled back at her and shook her hand.

“And bestfriend!” Jinyoung piped in and pulled Hanuel to his other side. It was a habit since they’ve always done everything together since they were younger.

“Yes, bestfriend,” she echoed as she slumped into the couch. And for the first time, she felt uncomfortable and discontent with that word.

 

Stone cold, stone cold

You’re dancing with her, while I’m staring at my phone

Stone cold, stone cold

I was your amber, but now she’s your shade of gold

 

Stone cold, baby

God knows I tried to feel

Happy for you

Know that I am, even if I

Can’t understand, I’ll take the pain

Give me the truth, me and my heart

We’ll make it through

If happy is her, I’m happy for you

 

She tore her eyes from the dancing couple and forced herself to stare at her phone. Surfing the web mindlessly, she thought back to times when it was just the two of them. When they would spend all of their time together, talking about everything under the sun. Talking about their future and how they would always be there for each other. Talking about their future together. He was always so protective and loving to her. They went through school together. They went through relationships and break ups together. He was always there to pick her up when she fell. And she thought he would always be there.

Until he met her.

 

Don’t wanna be stone cold, stone

I wish I could mend this but here’s my goodbye

Oh, I’m happy for you

Know that I am, even if I

Can’t understand

 

“Do you have to leave?” she looked up from packing her stuff and saw her standing at the door. His fiancée, the apple of his eye, his true love. Standing there in all her perfection looking concerned and confused. “Don’t leave. I didn’t mean it yesterday. I was just so angry and I’m sorry I took it out on you. I really didn’t mean it. Jinyoung won’t be happy if you left. You mean the world to him.”

Hanuel turned around and grabbed the last of her clothes. She tried not to look at Ara as tears collected in her eyes. Willing them away, she packed the last of her stuff and zipped up her bag. It had harder and harder to be around the two of them. She couldn’t force herself to smile and pretend anymore. It was only a matter of time before either of them found out the truth and she didn’t want them to argue because of her again. She needed to leave. “It’s about time I moved out. You two are getting married. It’s only right.”

Ara stared at her face, searching her face for something. Hanuel did her best to maintain that blank stare and picked up her bags. As she headed out the door, she stopped as she passed Ara.

“Please … be happy,” she whispered and continued out the door. Out of their lives.

 

If happy is her, if happy is her

I’m happy for you

 

Goodbye, Jinyoung.

 

 



First one was a short short song fic. Couldn't get this song outta my head for days. It's Stone Cold from Demi Lovato.

Enjoy!

DeeDee

29 Feb 2016