look into your eyes, butter-butterflies

tell me (what is love)

He starts to feel everything in slow motion. It sounds funny but he does. His heartbeats fasten as the seconds pass by. All his muscles are using their last strength. He knows that he won’t be out of bed for at least two days after all this is done. On his face, sweat flows like a river. His body gets ready to do what it already memorized. 5, 4, 3, 2… The ball shoots from his hand like a bullet. Score.

Screams explode, chaos takes over the stadium. The match is theirs, so does the cup. The cup they were trying to win for 10 years is now theirs. It’s a really big thing that he was the one who threw the last score and made the team win. Satisfaction surrounds his whole body. He’s happy that they’ve won, but, he really just wants to go home.

 

~*~

 

Taking photos, raising the cup, another celebration with the fans. ‘C’mon smile!’, ‘We won, what else do you want?’ He is happy, he truly is, but also tired. He wants to go home. He lays on the back seats of the team’s bus. He can’t sleep since he knows his dear teammates will find a way to make fun of him. He did not forget what happened to Chanyeol last time. He just need patience a little bit more. While he tries not to fall asleep, his teammates are trying to decide where they should celebrate (get drunk) their ‘glorious and epic victory (taken directly from Jongdae). He pulls his hoodie down. It would’ve been better if he showered instantly but with all the celebrations and all, they left in a hurry.

When they arrive at the usual stop where they part their ways, everyone bids their farewells. He shake some hands and Junmyeon, his teammate that he feels the closest, approaches. He hugs him instead of shaking his hand.

“Smile a little. This was one of your best performances.” Jongin pats his back as he gives his breath out loudly.

“See you next week.” He goes to the other side of the bus to say goodbyes with the staff as well. They all congratulate him and he thanks them. The boy right next to them doesn’t even look at his face. He only mumbles a few words and keeps staring at the ground. Jongin can’t help himself and shuffle his hair. The boy blushes immediately.

When the car the company sent comes, he gets on fast, not wanting to lose any more time. It doesn’t take long to arrive home. He opens the door and feels like fainting when that familiar scent hits him. Even though he wasn’t at home for 2 months, it looked clean and fresh. Got to thank the company again, he guessed. . The star player looks at his phone then throw his bag to his room, ignoring 15 missed calls from his manager. His clothes meet the bathroom floor.

He’s also hungry but all the ache in his body leads him to sleep. He keeps the showering short and lay down on his bed. He’s peaceful, he’s happy. But alone. There’s no one else but his family in his life. Alright, he must accept that he’s really picky when it comes to friends. But still… Basketball kept his mind busy. Stopped him from overthinking. What is he going to do this whole week?

 

///   ///

 

The way back home is worse than ever. The bus is overflowing with people at fricking 2 a.m. plus his cheeks are burning from embarrassment. They love smashing people at public transport, don’t they? He would understand if he was short; he is 1, 78 alright! He might be a little skinny but that isn’t the topic right now.

That guy just had to come and do that. His warm hand was so nice, making a contrast with the chilly night. His black hair was sweaty and messy. Distinct jawline and lips never breaking their strict line… Okay, Kyungsoo has to stop fangirling already. This man plays with his sanity.

He squeezes through people and finally gets out. He arrives home without noticing. His roommate must’ve slept, since all the lights are off. It’s understandable, the clock’s around 3 a.m. He goes straight to his bed, denying to look at the bathroom door. He can't shower before the feeling of the man's hand passes.

 

~*~

 

When the morning came he can’t help but shower. Kyungsoo’s morning routine goes like it always does. Washing his face, getting dressed, putting some food in his mouth and not missing the bus. Oh, and doing all this half-asleep.

But today, different from other days, he sees a new message when he opens his phone. It’s… Is he hallucinating? He must be. Because the message is from KIM ING JONGIN.

 

///   ///

 

It’s a nice afternoon, even the burning sun doesn’t seem to effect that, and Jongin feels energetic. He decides to kill some time with his phone as he waits. It’s 01:20 and they were supposed to meet at 01:00. Maybe it’s because of the traffic, he thinks to himself. A few minutes later someone storms in to the coffee shop. He’s all red, heavily panting and eyes searching the café.

He stands up. “Do Kyungsoo?” The shorter’s eyes widen and looks surprised.

“Y-Yes. I’m really sorry for being so late I mean the bus, oh that stupid bus just didn’t come and-” He suddenly stops and mutters silently. “I’m sorry.”

He’s cute. Especially with those flushed cheeks. “Don’t worry, you’re not that late.” Jongin points at the chair next to his. “Come, sit.”

He bows a little then sits down hurriedly. He places his bag next to the table and removes his laptop out of it. He’s not looking at me once again, the taller thinks. Why does he feel so nervous? Is it because of me? Have I done something to make him uncomfortable?

His small hands fly on the keyboard and he finally looks up. “Uhm, yeah, what exactly can I help you with? I know you needed a hand on a project but you didn’t explain the details.”

Jongin nods hesitantly. Asking for help isn’t his best suit but he truly needed someone to complete the project with. Perks of being in college. “One of my professors thought of this project to higher my grades. It’s that I have to find someone who is willing to learn basketball, and then, I would teach them. I asked around and learned you were a good candidate.”

Kyungsoo’s mouth opens but no words come out of it. Jongin patiently waits for an answer but the latter makes no indication of what his answer might be. “Kyungsoo?” He doesn’t realize but the said man actually wakes up after having his name heard from him.

“Uh, yes! I mean I would love to, if you were my trainer. Yes.” Kyungsoo quickly shuts his mouth so he doesn’t start his word vomit. Jongin nods in understanding.

“Awesome. I’m free in Wednesdays and the weekend, how about you?”

They make a training plan and Kyungsoo feels that finally fate has given him a break and cracked a smile.

Right before they part their ways, Jongin stops and turns to the other. “We have to write some sort of a report on this as well, you know, to see your development. Is it alright for you?”

If he were honest that made the shorter male a little anxious. He hates seeing himself fail, leave his idol, the star player see it. But this is about Jongin and as long as it helps him, he is okay with it. “Of course.” He feels his lips move upwards. “See you next week.”

The taller bows his head as in a farewell. “See you.”

Kyungsoo’s chest feels a little heavy, burden from not having a return to his smile, but what was he expecting? No one saw Kim Jongin smiling. No one.

 

a/n: oh my god what is this ;;;; today is my angel's birthday and i wanted to give her a present. basically this whole fanfic is for her but since it's her birthday today i had to release the first chapter~ i hope you like it ;-;