One Different Night

You Are Mine

It was a month since the EunHae couple had left. The sadness was reigning and the thought that Siwon would be leaving soon did not allow to be happy. In addition, they were all individually busy: those with the preparation of musicals; those with filming dramas; those as a guest on programs as a MC; those preparing for their solo album, and its mini concert; those working on the radio.

It was not so strange that Super Junior saw each other sporadically, or that they could not see the others at all, since they all had different schedules and often returned late from their works. In fact, that day Kyuhyun went back to the dorm at midnight; he had not had dinner, but he was too tired to search food in the refrigerator or in the kitchen drawers and he certainly did not want to disturb anyone who was in the dorm - if anyone was there; he did not know -.

Kyuhyun went to his room, took off his jacket and threw himself on the bed, not bothering to wear pajamas or even just to take off the clothes he had worn all day. He was ready to fall asleep when he heard someone knock on the door and wait for an answer - that never came -. The person who had knocked entered.

- Kim Kyu, did you have dinner?- Yesung asked, one of SuJu's vocalists.

- Hmm .. - he muttered in response. He was thinking about what to say: if he told him no, he knew he would be obliged to eat and he did not want to get up from his nest; if he said yes, he knew that the boy would be gone and he would not keep him company and Kyuhyun, having seen him after a week without crossing paths, craved it. - No - he said at last.

Yesung sighed approaching the bed of the boy, he looked at him and then took him by the arm to pull him up. For him there was no problem to go to bed late; with his insomnia, he was used to it. But he knew for sure that the maknae needed at least 6 hours of sleep to be able to face the day. However, he also knew that his bandmate at times, because of the fatigue, skipped meals to rest and, frankly speaking, not eating was something that Yesung never imagined Kyuhyun would come to do.

The maknae, feeling lifted, grunted but let carry him to the kitchen, where he found Ryeowook, the Eternal Maknae, waiting for them with three bowls of ramen in front of him.

- Kyuhyunnie, come eat. I know you have not had dinner, I asked to the manager, and this morning you've barely touched your food.- Ryeowook said while Yesung made sit the youngest in front of the portion most generous.

- So, how was your day? - Ryeowook asked looking Kyu sideways as he began to eat.

Kyuhyun did not understand where the other was going with that question. Despite not seeing each other since days because of their work schedules, they exchanged messages every day, at all hours almost, so the question was pointless. The maknae looked at him strangely, and as a response from the other he received only a glimpse shooted towards Yesung. The young man almost regretted it because the food choked him and he began to cough.

Yesung, sitting next to the youngest and unaware of the exchange of glances between the two friends, patted him on the back and gave him a glass of water. Kyuhyun drank greedily and, resting his glass on the table, he leered at the eternal maknae.

- It went well, thank you. The preparations for the album and for the concert are going very well.- Kyuhyun turned to look at the oldest of the three - And no girl has bothered me.- There was a time when Kyuhyun had dared to say that one of Girl's Generation had invited him to eat; Yesung had darkened his face and had avoided talking to the young man for a week, although the latter did not know the reason for his behavior. He had hoped that he was jealous but, after talking casually with the girl in question, Yesung had returned to speak to him.

If the oldest was interested at that last sentence, he didn't show it; he maintained a neutral expression. This angered Kyuhyun who was preparing to attack him with some spicy background of a dinner a few days before with a girl from another agency. He had already opened his mouth to speak when the leader Leeteuk, Heechul and Kangin entered in their dorm.

Leeteuk, seen the three boys in the kitchen, approached them with a tired look. Heechul and Kangin sat on the lounge chairs.

- Have you just come home?- the weary leader asked.

Yesung, unaware of Kyuhyun's looks, proceeded to answer. - Yes, and we were making Baby Kyu eat; ultimately he eats little and... -  he was interrupted by the youngest that had jumped up from his chair.

- I've finished. Tomorrow I'm working early, so I'm going to bed... hyung. - Kyuhyun said, casting a grim look at Yesung. He didn't mind they called him in a thousand different ways, he really did not care; what bothered him was that he, his crush since they knew each other, called him "Baby Kyu", as if he was a child. Heck, he was 28 years old, not 5! - Good night.- The maknae hurried out of the room before he could do something he could repent.

His behavior did not escape Heechul that, apologizing to the others saying that he was going to the bathroom a moment, followed the youngest. Heechul, the Diva of SuJu, knew everything about everybody and nobody understood how he could know everything, even the secrets never confessed to anyone.

Heechul knocked on the door of the maknae but, receiving no answer, he opened it. He did not care if maybe the boy was changing, or was even ; he paid no attention to certain things... or at least not if it did not relate to one of the former members of SuJu. However he found the boy dressed and lying in bed with one arm over his eyes.

- You know, I can not understand how he can not understand it... Baby Kyu.- said Heechul while he sat down on the desk. Receiving no answer, he went on - I mean, you have to be blind to not be aware when a person is in love with you.-

At that, Kyuhyun rose bolt upright with his eyes wide from astonishment and ... "yes, even by terror" Heechul thought snickering. - You... you... how do you know? You did not tell anyone, right hyung? - the maknae asked scared.

- No, I have not told anybody.. Not that I needed to say it, since everyone have understood it (except the oblivious boy, of course, but he thinks only about his puppies)- answered the other. That's it, one of the things that would make him feel greater was that: teasing his dongsaeng, especially the maknae. In short, he had fun making jokes at his hyung but they could not do the same? What mafia was that? So Heechul was having fun playing with the boy.

- I.. I was hoping not to catch too much attention but apparently.. - murmured back the young man. - I do not know what to do, Cindy. It's since a lot of time that I'm feeling this way but I never wanted to face it, perhaps for fear of a refusal. In short, he is a friend of Wookie, hyung, and barely speaks to me and when he does, he does not have the smile he has as when he talks to you all. And then there's the matter of the fact that all the fans think I'm in love with Sungmin and Yesung maybe even think that way and... - before he could continue, he was interrupted by Heechul.

- Yah! You're a man, you have to face your fears. If he refuse you, you will live with this knowing, however, that your confession made you a little more mature; if he does not reject you (which I think he will do because, believe me, he likes you), you can live happily ever after.- the Cinderella of SuJu exclaimed. - And it's better that you do it now, at this very moment, or your fear he being stolen by Wookie could come true; I know many ways to make fall in love two people, and one of these is to close them in a room and leave them alone for a while; I assure you, after a while you will hear moans from the room. So…. Hurry! -.

Say that Kyuhyun was scared was an understatement. He did not want what his hyung had said came true (in fact, he knew that Heechul was able to do anything, and was not yet ready to see his love - yes, HIS LOVE - clinging to someone who was not him, even if that "someone" was his best friend Wookie).

The maknae got up, left the room without looking back, without noticing the triumphant smile of Heechul.

------------------

Meanwhile Kangin and Leeteuk had eaten together with Ryeowook and Yesung; it was sad to go back to the dorm and only be three for dinner, so they took advantage of every opportunity to eat with their comrades left. Kangin, some time after Heechul was gone for a while going behind the maknae - they all have understood that Heechul had reached Kyuhyun -, turned to look at the other three.

- You know, I've noticed that Kyuhyun is quite touchy.- he exclaimed, proud to have been the only one to point out the problem to the others.

- You think? Will he be working too much? - the leader asked worried, activating the omma mode that emerged quite often.

- It is not for the work, hyung - Ryeowook said. - It's ... something else that bothers him.- he added, without looking at anyone.

- So what it is? - Leeteuk replied. He could not believe that the eternal maknae knew something about that and did not shared with them.

- Um... It's his own business, personal business.- Ryeowook said, trying to reassure him.

- Is it probably that he...?- Kangin started to say and then continuing. - We aren't facing another SuJu member that is getting married, aren't we? Even Sungmin, before telling us of his marriage, was behaving like that.-. At those words Yesung turned to the man looking sadly at him, as if he had just said that one of his puppies had died.

- He... Kyuhyun would not do that, he would have said right away if he was getting married.- Yesung said firmly.

- We also thought that of Sungmin...- Kangin reminded.

- I do not think he is going to marry; if he has a love story, we would have learned from the newspapers.- the oldest of all them reasoned.

Those words did not help to calm the storm that had been unleashed in the heart of Yesung after hearing Kangin. He could not let Kyuhyun - his Chubby Kyu - getting married to any girl but above all, he did not want his heart to break... again, for the thousandth time. He had to figure out what problem Kyuhyun had and, if he was going out with a girl, get him to break up with her. If he could not have him, he reasoned giving free rein to his jealousy, no one could have him. Obviously his plan was not to kill someone - come on, someone that talks with the turtles, with dogs and with aliens, has not quite the killer stuff! - but it would have prevented anyone get too close to the maknae.

- Perhaps one of us should go talk to him.. - Ryeowook suggested looking at Yesung. The latter had told him of his crush on Kyuhyun and he knew he would help him. - But I won't do it. I am too tired and I have to wake up in a few hours. Goodnight boys! - Ryeowook said greeting them as he headed to the room he shared with Yesung.

- Do not look at me! I am not made for these chats. - Kangin called him off, stretching out his arms to emphasize his words. - If you come to know something, tell me.- With these words he left the apartment, heading to his.
- If I talk to him, it will seem to be talking with his mother, so I do not think he will speak freely.-  Leeteuk murmured watching Yesung. - Could you do it? -.

Yesung mentally thanked his bandmates for the golden opportunity that they were offering. Forcing his lips from curving into a smile, he assured the leader; he would speak with Kyuhyun and would report whatever the other would answer. Leeteuk, heartily thanking him and promising him that he would not have stressed him no more, bid him good night and followed Kangin upstairs.

At that time, Kyuhyun and Heechul returned in the kitchen. The eldest, aware of the absence of the rest of the group, greeted them with the excuse that his cat was waiting and left them. Left alone, the two boys looked at each other. Kyuhyun realized that Yesung from earlier; less than ten minutes gone, and his eyes expressed determination, whereas before they were bored and tired. The oldest, instead, saw that Kyuhyun was trembling but still smiled mischievously.

- Hyung...- began the maknae.

- Kyu...- said the oldest.

Both had spoken at the same time; Yesung smiled and motioned for Kyuhyun to continue. The latter moved closer to Yesung and looked him straight in the eyes, without the slightest embarrassment.

- Hyung, stay away from Ryeowookie! -

Yesung felt his heart crumble. So the reason why Kyuhyun was so angry was because he wanted to beat him because Ryeowook stayed always near him? If it really was for Wookie, Yesung would not have interfered; he would let the two end up together, as they were the people he loved the most. Yesung started to open his mouth and ensure Kyuhyun that between him and the eternal maknae there was nothing, if not a close friendship but he could not say anything; Kyuhyun had leaned his forehead to his.

- You.Are.Mine...- the maknae whispered. - And I'm not going to give you to someone else.-

Kyuhyun was glad to have been able to confess, even though he had not planned the possessive tone he had used to say those three words. Yesung was simply shocked; he could not believe the words that kept echoing in his head. The problem was that he could not speak and was afraid that Kyuhyun would interpret that silence as a refusal for which he did the only thing he was able to do: he hugged the other.

The maknae was astonished by the hug and began to wonder why he was doing that. Was the other refusing him gently? Did he want to tell him that he was heteroual? But his doubts were dispelled once he realized how strongly the eldest was hugging him. He smiled at the boy in his arms and removed him for a moment.

- Do you wanted to say something before?- he asked, grabbing his hand.

- Yes, but you stole me the words.. - the other answered. He looked at their hands and said. - And I think we should tell the others; also to Donghae, Eunhyuk, Shindong and Sungmin.-

The maknae smiled but his eyes scared the other. - Sure, but first we'll make sure that half of their bet enters into our pockets.-

- Bet? -

- They had bet on us, on how long it would take to put us together or not, the lucky one who would make the first step etc etc.- Kyuhyun explained. - I do not enrich my hyung with my feelings -.

- Sloppy. - Yesung whispered as he walked, his hand still intertwined with that of Kyuhyun, to the room of the young. At the moment, in fact, it was the only room they could use - unless they wanted to traumatize a small and helpless Wookie, but that was the least of their desires -.