Subway Passes and Stupid Pickups

Subway Passes and Stupid Pickups

 


 

Baekhyun is in a rush, scrambling through the front pocket of his bag in search for his stupid subway card, breaths coming out short and huffy because he has to dig through a numerous amount of candy wrappers and other bits of trash. He finally finds his blasted wallet and sighs in relief as he steps up to the kiosk to top up his card, inserting a few crunched up bills into the slot and praying to every god that the machine would not spit them back out. Thankfully fate had mercy on him today.

It’s a rainy Monday, completely gray and overcast – which would totally be fine with Baekhyun on any other day – but today he’s also running late for his internship and it would do him absolutely no good at all if he doesn’t have enough time to stop by the nearby café to get his extremely short-tempered boss’ daily dose of extra bitter, no sugar, no cream, drip coffee. He guesses he has about twenty-two minutes to get to the studio; that is if the world would cooperate…

But it wasn’t cooperating.

“Excuse me...” Just as the brunet is about to make a dash for the ticketing gates, a light tap on his shoulder freezes him mid-step and Baekhyun is too nice of a guy to ignore this, especially since he wasn’t wearing headphones – the damned things were still tangled up in his bag somewhere. Briefly making a pained expression as he looked towards the sky, Baekhyun swings back around with an expectant look on his face, only for that impassive expression to freeze; eyes widening as his head tilted up, up, up to see what was probably the most breathtakingly handsome face he’d ever seen in his life.

There’s an extremely handsome male, probably around his age, standing right in front of him; all six feet of cutely bashful grins under a neatly flopped mop of caramel locks, square black-rim glasses sitting precariously atop a straight nose and framing pretty round eyes sparkling with all things innocent and pure and oh god those plump, pink lips. Baekhyun kind of wants to scream. Too pretty!

“Hi, I’m really sorry. I just…” The voice that goes along with that godly face is equally as knee-quiveringly attractive, all deep and velvety and all things so sinfully wonderful as it reverberates loud and clear in Baekhyun’s ears even with the hustle and bustle of the subway station. “Um. Could you maybe…help me with the kiosk? I need to reload.”

“U-uh. Yes! Sure, of course!” Baekhyun mentally kicks himself for the shrillness of his voice, and even more for the entirely too enthusiastic leap he makes back to the recharging station, entirely forgetting about his boss and his job because oh god, this guy was way too pretty and it hurt everything inside him. He works on autopilot as he explains the process of topping up a subway pass, highly aware of the eyes boring into the side of his face as he stutters through the instructions, nearly dropping Pretty Stranger’s card because of his shaking fingers.

Baekhyun can’t help it. “Are you new to the city?” comes out of his mouth like word vomit as Pretty Stranger slips a few crisp bills into the payment slot, eyes only momentarily flickering away before turning back to Baekhyun, making his stomach churn and his heart flutter. The male grins at him, sheepish and all-too-cute.

“No,” he says simply.

“Oh.” Baekhyun’s brows knit together as he tries to make sense of this, “First time on the subway, then?”

“No,” the deep-voiced stranger repeats, still smiling.

“Oh.” And Baekhyun was probably deluding himself, but he was pretty sure he could see a faint pink dusting the top of the boy’s cute ears. Probably just the cold weather, don’t get ahead of yourself.

“Actually, I…” the male coughs nervously, rubbing at his nape. “I just saw you and… I thought you were cute, so.”

“Oh.” Baekhyun feels himself blush this time.

“I’m sorry if that’s weird,” the guy grins and it’s so gosh darn adorable Baekhyun feels his entire being melt into a puddle. “But I just knew I needed to talk to you. I’m Chanyeol.”

“O-oh, I’m. Baekhyun?” the boy in a breath through his teeth, embarrassed.

“You don’t seem sure of that,” Chanyeol teased, smile widening even more to showcase a whole load of pearly white teeth and making Baekhyun’s brain go haywire.

“Yes, I mean, I’m… I’m Baekhyun. Hi. Yeah, Baekhyun.” Oh God, kill me now, “Um. Nice to meet you.”

Baekhyun ends up needing to run all the way from the station to the café and then to the studio where he works, but he’s pretty sure it’s okay because there’s now a new contact sitting in his phone’s address book and a day in the next week marked for a date with the cute guy from the subway station.

 


 

omg lame but ok yea hahah leave comments down below and let's chat!

till next time, babes!

 

let's be lifelong chingus!
twitter | tumblr