Arrogance

Chen x OC! JiEun

Jieun was only an SM trainee. To be exact, a foreign exchange student in Korea, trainee. She had lived in the United States for 15 years, and one day she decided to audition. By luck, she got in. And now she's training. It was her 3rd trainee year, and SooMan-ahjussi had said that she and her group would be debuting in the next month or so, which excited Jieun.

Every member in her group was dating, and had at least dated a for guys for longer than a month. Jieun was the maknae. The last member to turn 18, and yet she'd never dated a guy for longer than a month. The longest was a guy in her 8th grade class, which lasted a few days longer than a month. This wouldn't be a problem, and it wasn't at the beginning, but her members kept poking at her for not having a boyfriend at the age of 18. So it'd been 4 years since she'd dated anyone. And that for some reason was embarrassing. 

    "Ne, Jieunnie, you turned 18 last month, right?" Eunbi unnie asked, at dinner one night.
    "That's right! Our little maknae hasn't dated anyone for the last four years!" Subin unnie chimed in, eyeing Jieun.
   "Aw~ Jieunnie ah, you're eighteen already and still no boyfriend? How will we ever have a four way double date?" Minah whined. 
   

   Jieun thought back at what they'd said. And now that she thought about it, she realized how embarrassing it'd been being single for four years in Korea, where everyone--well not everyone, but most people-- are dating. 

   She walked out of the school entrance. She has just graduated her final year of high school as a transfer student in Korea's Art University. Everyone already knew she probably scored high. But who knows. Maybe she failed. But for all she cares, she just wants a boyfriend now.
   The streets were filled with couples holding hands, kissing, or sharing deserts. It was making her a bit envious. Mostly , probably because of the delicious deserts. But anyway, it frustrated her. She decided, she had to get a boyfriend--or at least a date-- TODAY!

   "Aish~ why is this happening today? Were there really this many couples out the last time I walked down this street? Man , this is so frustrating! Forget dating, I should just fawn over EXO and BTS all--" she was saying to herself until she bumped into someone. Her eyes were on the ground as the drink the person was holding splashed all over her uniform. She looked up, ready to scream at that person.
   "EXCUSE ME? CAN'T YOU SEE WHERE YOU'RE GO--" that is until she met his eyes and realized who she was yelling at. It's true. She never thought she'd be standing so close to him but she is now. Kim Jongdae. EXO's Chen. SM's proud vocalist. She didn't know if she should cry out of joy or cry out of the fact that she was screaming at him.
    "Ai-- eh-- sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going and--" he interrupted her with his sudden laughter. "Eh...? What's so funny?"
    He covered his face until he calmed down from laughing. "You're apologizing to me when I splashed my coffee all over you? You started yelling at me, and now you're apologizing. You realized who you just bumped into, didn't you?" He smiled , almost as if he was joking.
    Jieun looked down at her wet uniform. That's right. Her coffee stained uniform. "I'd hate to admit it cause I'm not one to, but yeah. Realized who I just bumped into." She begrudgingly admitted. 
     He laughed again. "Well then you're right. Anyways, let's go get you cleaned up, Jieun-ah~!" Then, he proceeds to hold onto her wrist and leads her to a clothing store. 
    "Wait! How do you know my name?" She stopped him before entering the store. 
    He turned around and smiled. "Right there," he pointed to the name tag on the uniform. 
    She felt embarrassed. Of course it was her name tag. 
   He grabbed her hand and pulled her into the store again. 
    "So, get something new to wear, and I'll pay for it." He pushed her towards the clothing rack. 
    Jieun turned back and stared at him with a squinty eyed expression. "You don't even know me."
     "Sure I do. You're Park Jieun," he smiled again towards her, looking like a clown.
    Jieun rolled her eyes , but despite his idiocy, she smiled back at him. "Yeah, okay whatever." She proceeded to walk around the store to find something new to wear. However , knowing that she was here with Chen of EXO was making it a bit nerve wracking. She had no idea what to pick for her mind was trying to think of ways she would not embarrass herself a second time. 
    Chen saw her blank expression as she wandered the store. He chuckled under his breath and walked over to her, flicking her forehead lightly. "Yah, if you just zone off , how are you going to find something nice to wear?" He laughs, rummaging through a nearby rack. "I'll pick something out for you." 
    After a while of waiting for the vocalist to search the clothing rack, he finally chose a white, flowery cropped blouse and a pair of high waisted, flow-y blue shorts. He went ahead to pay for it and returned to give the outfit to the trainee. "Here, go change."
   Jieun wrinkled her nose as she took the outfit into the changing room and changed into it. It wasn't something she'd wear normally. She was used to wearing a uniform or t-shirt and jeans. But this wasn't too bad. She checked herself in the mirror, nodding satisfyingly at her new look. 
    When she finished, she walked out with her dirty clothes and put it in her bag. "Thanks for the outfit, Chen oppa.." She thanked him without making eye contact.
    "You're very much welcome," he smiled. "It looks very flattering on you. I think I picked out something nice." 
    A blush crept to her face, and Chen saw that. He gave a small chuckle and ruffled Jieun's hair. "Would you like me to take you home?"
    "Uhh... It's alright.." She sighed, walking out of the store with him following behind her. 
    As soon as she got out of the store, Chen held onto her wrist and pulled her back. "Park. Jieun." He called. 
   The trainee turned around to face the SM vocalist, looking up at him due to height difference. "Yes?" 
    "Why did you give such a heavy sigh? Normal fangirls would have loved such a handsome idol taking them home." Chen questioned, pouting from her simple rejection.
     "Maybe I'm not a normal fangirl. And you're really arrogant." She rolled her eyes and proceeded to turn around, pulling away from his grasp and walking away.
     He knew what she was doing. Or at least he thought he did. She was playing hard to get. The vocalist grabbed her wrist again. "I guess you're not. So why the sighs?"
     Jieun exhaled deeply, and looked the taller man in the eye. "Why do you want to know?"
      "Because I'm Kim JongDae and I'm curious." He stood in front of her, holding his gaze in her brown eyes.
    "Yeah, well I'm Park Jieun and I like my privacy. Thanks," she countered, earning a few 'oohs' from some passerby's and fangirls who were crowding around the EXO member.
    Chen pouted again. He didn't like the embarrassment. He felt his cheeks turn bright red and hot. "Well what if I cared to know?"
     Jieun squinted her eyes suspiciously. "Why would you? You don't even know me, other than my name." 
     "Park Jieun, SM trainee since the last 3 years, soon to debut with her 3 unnies under the group XXXXXX. Currently attending Seoul Art University. Born in Vietnam, half Korean. Two sisters?" He recited as if he were taking an oral language test. 
    Jieun's eyes widened in surprised at all the information he knew about her. "H-how?"
    "Well I am an SM artist. I am in the SM building a lot." The vocalist responded. 
    "Yeah, that's not answering my question you camel," she groaned.
    "I see you around. The other members do too. And yeah, I asked about you. Didn't think I'd bump into you and splash coffee all over you." He explains coolly as if it didn't sound weird.
    Jieun makes a face. "Why would you ask about me? Of anyone else?" 
    "Because I like what I see?" He grins. "So why the sighs?"
    Jieun felt the heat rushing to her face. She was sure she heard the right thing. Pretty sure. "Well.. Everyone's bugging me for not having a boyfriend. Being already 18 years old.." She begrudgingly admitted. 
     The SM vocalist began laughing. "That's why?" 
    Jieun punched his arm. "Yes. And I don't see why it's so funny."
    "Well I can be that boyfriend," he winks, intertwining his fingers with hers.
    "W-what..?" She shyly turns to the ground as the fangirls start gushing over his k-drama like lines. 
    "You one hundred percent heard me," he wrinkles his nose. "But I'll say it again. Let me be that boyfriend." 
    Jieun blushed, walking away. "Whatever..."
    Chen laughs once again, catching up to his new girlfriend. "Okay, sweetie." He smiled, ruffling her hair and giving her a kiss on the forehead.