Love or Die!!!

Love or Die!!!

I have a big crush on one of my senior. Like, a HUGE crush. But he never knows, after all, we are on the different years, and we attend totally different classes. The only time I can see him is in our afterschool club activity (which I may or may not have joined just to see him). But then, he is just so friendly to everyone, always greeting and talking to everyone, except me. I tried talking to him, but after two sentences one of his friends will call him. Talk about unfortunate love life.

Then one day, I got home after a particularly exhausting day. I was so tired; I didn’t really pay attention to my surroundings. I just wanted to go home and sleep. What happened next wasn’t pretty. Let’s just say I got kidnapped…

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hanbin: Where… Where is this place?

I woke up in a tall tower that looks unfinished. It looks like the tower was still under construction, but was abandoned for some reason. Or maybe, it was made like this on purpose.

Then, a screen, that I didn’t notice before, . And with it comes…

Announcer: Welcome everyone!!! You guys were gathered here to participate in our series of challenge, in the first broadcast of… LOVE OR DIE!!!

Hanbin: Love or die?

Announcer: You will have a partner assigned to you, and with that partner, solve all the challenge and escape from this murderous place!!! Oh, see that choker on your neck? If your partner die, that thing will kill you. Trying to take them off will also kill you, and your partner… So, take care!!!

The screen turned off.

Hanbin: Wait, what!? This is ridiculous!!! Who told you I want to play this game?

The screen again.

Announcer: Oh, I forgot. After 1 hour, the whole building will collapse, obviously killing everyone. And… this will be shown live. So, don’t forget to look as cool as possible. Now, have fun!!!

Hanbin: Wait a minute!!!

Jinhwan: Is that… Hanbin?

That voice… don’t tell me, my partner is…

Hanbin: Jinhwan?

Jinhwan: I was so glad it was you. I thought my partner would be a random stranger. At least we know each other so our teamwork should be good.

Hanbin: Are you planning to actually play this game?

Jinhwan: Do we have any other choice?

Hanbin: I see your point. Well, what should we do now?

We looked around looking for a clue. Then, I look at a sky and notice a long bridge, connecting this tower to another tower.

Hanbin: See that bridge? Let’s go there.

We went upstairs and arrived before the entrance of the bridge.

Another screen was placed there, and as soon as we arrived, that thing .

Announcer: Welcome to our first challenge!!! For this one, you simply need to cross the bridge. But… it’s equipped with a sensor that will detect any movement. If there are more than two feet stepping on the bridge at any one time, it will collapse. Good luck!!!

Jinhwan: I see… But we can just cross it one by one, right?

Announcer: Good thinking, but try again!!!

Boom!!!

Suddenly, an explosion can be heard from below them. And the building start to collapse.

Jinhwan: Ah!!!

Without thinking, Jinhwan jumped toward me, and I carried him. Bridal style. Yes, bridal style. But no one actually care when a whole tower is collapsing beneath you.

I started running as fast as I can, and the bridge also started to collapse slowly when I run on it. Hopefully we can cross the bridge before the whole bridge collapse.

Jinhwan: Quick, Hanbin!!!

Hanbin: I’m trying!!!

Finally, when the other tower is already near, I jumped. You know that kind of jump they always do in action movies. And I landed safely.

Jinhwan was still hanging tightly to me, tears visible in his eyes.

Hanbin: Glad we make it through.

Then I realized how awkward our position is…

Jinhwan: Umm… Can you put me down?

I can feel my cheeks start heating up, and I put him down.

Jinhwan: Thank you.

He turned his face away from me. Was he blushing as well?

Announcer: Congratulations on passing the first challenge!!!

I almost forget we were in a game before that annoying announcer showed up again. I looked around and noticed 4 other couples, and also a few empty spots… I suppose they failed.

Hanbin: This game will seriously kill us…

Jinhwan: I sort of figured that out 30 seconds ago.

Announcer: No time to rest, though. Do you see that candy in front of you? Take it, and put it in your mouth. But don’t swallow!!! Let’s just say it is not so good for your general well-being.

I took two packages of candy, red and green, and give the green one to Jinhwan.

Hanbin: If this thing is dangerous, why would we put them in our mouth?

Announcer: For this challenge, you will need to switch the candy in your mouth with the one in your partner’s mouth. Simple right?

Jinhwan: Okay… That’s gross, but doable, I guess. Let’s just do this quickly.

I blushed on the thought of kissing Jinhwan… But focus, Hanbin. Survive first, romance later.

We put the candy in our mouth, and ready to kiss, when the announcer showed up again.

Announcer: Look at all of you being lovey-dovey. Why don’t we make this place a little… Wet…?

Then the floor opened and we suddenly feel into a giant water pool. Then, the floor closed again, preventing us to swim to the surface.

Jinhwan: Uhmm… (What the…)

Hanbin: Uhmm, Uhmm Uhmm… (Don’t panic, we have to pass this…)

Announcer: If you fail in switching the candy within 30 seconds, you will be electrocuted. So, do your best, OK!!!

Jinhwan: Uhmm!!! (What the!!!)

Hanbin: Uhmm!!! Uhmm!!! (Quick!!! Come here!!!)

I quickly swam to Jinhwan and crash our lips together. No time to think about embarrassment.

After what felt like forever, the water started to drain and we finally landed on the floor. We both breathe heavily, desperate for air, and we took out the candy in our mouth. The green one was in my mouth and the red one in Jinhwan’s. Success!

Announcer: Oh wow!!! Getting wet after just one kiss. You guys sure are something. Anyway, congratulations on reaching this far. Now, you guys can enjoy a warm shower in our luxurious bathroom!!!

A door opened in one of the corner, and revealed a rather small bathroom. With only one narrow shower. Did they expect us to take a shower together? Well, at least there are 2 towels.

Jinhwan: I don’t think I want to touch water again for a while. Besides it could be a trap.

I just nodded. I took the towels and hand one to Jinhwan and start drying myself.

Jinhwan: Oh… And you’re a great kisser.

He smiled as he said that. And I can feel myself getting nervous.

Hanbin: Ah… It’s nothing, really. I didn’t even realize what I’m doing back there.

Jinhwan: Oh, really? That’s a shame… You can really do a lot with that kissing talent.

Suddenly, the announcer cut short our conversation.

Announcer: Did you guys enjoy your steamy bath? Too bad if you didn’t because it’s too late now.

A wall appeared from the floor, separating me and Jinhwan.

Jinhwan: What now?

Then, a clock timer indicating 5 seconds appeared on the wall.

Announcer: It’s time for… Do. You. Know. Your. Partner!!! Answer a simple question about your partner, if you get it right, you pass, if you get it wrong, the whole room explode. You have 5 seconds. Good luck!!!

Hanbin: What!?

The question appeared on my screen.

QUESTION: What colour is your partner’s underwear?

Dang it… This question should be easy if we actually take the time to shower. The clock ticking. 3… 2… 1…

A trumpet sound can be heard.

Announcer: Congratulations!!! Correct!!!

Jinhwan: Underwear?

Hanbin: Yup.

Jinhwan suddenly blushed, and I know why… If you’re curious, the answer that I put in was… Pink. (And my underwear is black. But I’m sure that’s sort of obvious.)

Finally, a door opened and we entered the door. Inside, there is giant stage, with glass labyrinth inside and spectators on the outside.

Jinhwan: What is this?

Announcer: Welcome to the final challenge!!!

I noticed there were only two other couples beside us. So the rest have probably failed at some point.

Announcer: This final challenge is called… Power Couple!!! Put simply, kill the other couples and the last one standing is the victor!!!

Hanbin: What!? That’s brutal!

Announcer: You can use all the weapons in front of you.

A table filled with close combat weapons showed up in front of us. No gun, though.

Announcer: And remember, if your partner died, your choker will kill you. So… Have fun!!!

Jinhwan: No way… There is no way I’m killing other people…

Jinhwan fell to the floor, obviously shocked.

Hanbin: Jinhwan, listen to me!!! We have to do this.

Jinhwan: No… You can go without me… I’ll just stay here…

I saw the other couples already start moving. Obviously, they’re aiming for us, especially since they can see how shocked Jinhwan is.

Hanbin: Tch…

I took some weapon from the table, ready for them. I am not giving up on Jinhwan though.

Hanbin: Come on Jinhwan, let’s move!

I dragged his hand and forced him to move with me. Then…

Jinhwan: Hanbin, look out!!!

I saw a knife flying toward us… And then…

Announcer: Victory!!! Congratulations!!!

The whole audience cheered.

Hanbin: That was… Intense.

Jinhwan: I’m just glad we survived.

Soon, we got escorted out by the guard (rudely and forcefully). We didn’t really ask any questions because they are fully armed.

After this, our life went back to normal. It seems that the game is not shown for public. So, none of our friends know about it. And they don’t have to know.

If there is one thing that change… It’s the fact that my crush is my boyfriend now.

Jinhwan: Hanbin!!!

He came bouncing towards me, bringing lunch boxes in his hand. He sat next to me, snuggled as close as possible. He quickly opened the lunch boxes, and start feeding me.

Hanbin: What do you want to do this weekend?

Jinhwan: I don’t know… No plan yet.

Hanbin: Want to go swimming?

Jinhwan: Nope! No swimming! Or anything close to deep water. And no bridge either!

I just laughed.

Hanbin: Good memory, isn’t it?

Jinhwan: Bad memory. Definitely bad memory.

As we eat the lunch, Jinhwan suddenly stopped and space out.

Hanbin: What is it?

Jinhwan: Can’t you help but wonder who actually start that game?

Hanbin: Really? I don’t really care; the past is in the past.

Jinhwan: I see… Well, maybe you’re right. The important thing is, we both survive and hey, we started dating. So that’s a plus.

I just hummed and nodded.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, Jinhwan doesn’t need to know who start the game. After all, I’m sure he will break up with me if he knows who’s the mastermind. But don’t you think my ability to guess his pink underwear is a giveaway?

Oh, and he stop wearing pink undies. Not that I mind, after all, no undies can stay on him long enough whenever I got to touch him.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How was it? I intended this to be fluffy... Yet I'm not sure... I don't know if you can actually call this fluffy...