{how to grow; stretch!}

Milk&Rice; How To Grow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
note: srry 4 any mistakes y'all, hope you enjoy <3 Unfortunately, It's Monday:

 

 

Taecyeon tiredly entered the tall building, and all but fell onto his apartment door when it came into view; lazily snatching out his keys and unlocking it—his face smushed against the cold wood.

When the door finally unlocked, he kind of just...fell inside, landing on a bunch of shoes that weren't his—seeing as how they weren't his size and mostly Jordans and cheetah print patterned; definitely not his.

The exhausted college student wormed his way inside, shutting the door with his foot as he, quite uncomfortably, rolled over the variety of shoes. It took him about nine two minutes just to roll off his own four pairs.

After a bit more “moving," he concludes (with an exaggerated sigh) that he just doesn't have enough energy to roll anymore.

A comfortable moment of silence passes (in fact, he almost falls asleep) before he realizes that “Damn! These shoes are uncomfortable!” and turns onto his back, ready to call for his lovely cat just for some help. Because he’s god damn tired if you ask him.

“Jay, could you come here?” he calls loudly, hoping that he could just get to a bed and sleep already—if Jay cooperated.

Which he doesn’t ever do—well, unless they’re in bed. But even then, he doesn't listen.

He can only hear the faint mumbles of annoyance and the T.V near whispering from the living room.

"I'm really tired..pleease?"

"Jaaay.."

"Jaebeommie..."

"Jay!"

The grumbles end in a loud huff, yet no one appears. Taecyeon angrily whines to himself ("stupid cat!"), wriggles around childishly and hits a couple shoes—quickly bringing his hand away when he hits it too hard.

He screams as quietly as possible, cursing his feline companion before attempting once more to get the sassy cat to help him.

"Jaaaay..."

No one replies—though if someone else had, he would've been grabbed Jay and ran.

"Help meee Jaaay!"

The T.V seems to get louder—TVXQ seems to be having a damn good performance.

Taec huffs in annoyance and ponders on some type of way to lure the cat out just to help him up and— “I’m gonna take away your treats if you don't get here in 10 seconds—”

But Jay scrambles into the doorway with his face made up in a pout before he can finish, his snowy white ears pressed against his fluffy red hair and a slightly sorry look in his narrowed eyes—although he'd never really apologize out loud, this was close enough. He immediately begins to help the other up; yanking at his owner's arms until Taecyeon is standing—or, honestly, leaning on the small hybrid for support.

There’s silence, so still and bleak that Changmin's scream singing sounds way louder in all it's goodness.

Taecyeon finally wraps his arms around the uncharacteristically quiet hybrid's middle and offers a tired grin to maybe soothe the adorable man.

“I missed you.” He mutters, pulling back to yawn endlessly before coming back to plant a sloppy kiss on Jay's cheek and lovingly squeeze the hybrid in his arms.

Jay only rolls his eyes and pushes Taecyeon away, leaving his owner to narrow his eyes almost scarily before pouting.

“Go sit down or something.” Jay grumbles, pushing the college student towards their small living room. Taec whines and throws his arms around the hybrid; “If you're gonna be like this, I'm gonna stay.” He states childishly, tightening his loose hold on Jay.

The catboy sighs and pushes Taecyeon away, rolling his eyes dramatically as he did. Taec scoffs in mock offense and turns away from his kitten, arms crossed.

“Go.” Jay says—almost coldly.
 

Taecyeon huffs in boredom, having finally realized that his kitten was serious—which was very rare since Jay was usually loud and almost always , which was just the sassy cat's sporadic heats.

“Go! You said you were tired!" Jay exclaims exasperatedly, his brows furrowing and his lips turned into a frown.

“I know I said that,” Taec sighs, “but can’t you at least greet me, or y’know, comfort me because I’ve been typing non-stop essays and doing alien looking math because I’m going to graduate soon?”

The hybrid rolls his eyes again and idly observes his own hand—“Okay fine.” He huffs, still frowning. “Hi Taec, I love you a lot and wah you worked sooo hard—blah blah. Happy now?”

Taecyeon doesn’t need to turn around for Jay to know he wasn't happy at all.

“What d'you want then!?” he screeches, flailing in exasperation as even his ears twitched atop his head—Taec was being extra as about this right now and it was really pissing him off—!

“A...kiss?” the giant suddenly says, though quietly, and it stops Jay's inner rant; “I want a kiss?” Taecyeon says—albeit uncertain.

He listens for an answer because the last thing he wanted to do was make Jay upset, but fortunately, instead hears as Jay's tail swishes back and forth excitedly; and with that he gives the wall a smug look.

As the hybrid stumbles in front of him, Taecyeon smiles sweetly and pokes his forehead as an oddly childish sign of affection. Jay stops in front of him before he shakily and quickly moves to stand on the tip of his toes. He tries to hide a broad smile and quickly kisses the other, chastely (and somewhat wet) on his lips; stepping back with red cheeks and a fidgety tail.

A second passes and Jay turns so pink he falls flat on his feet and tries to step back—before he can get away though, his lips in a tight lipped but smitten smile; Taecyeon grabs him by his hands and presses a deep, loving kiss on his kitten's lips—but, sadly, Jay scratches him; hard. Which results in a couple of big rips in, even more sad, his favorite shirt.

“G-go.” Jay squeaks as he pushes him away, trying to hide his evident blush as he points to the living room. Taecyeon nods (albeit a bit sadly) and trudges into the living room, pulling off his torn shirt and throwing it onto the couch where he plopped down and lazily began flipping through channels.

Of course, he began dozing off; the sound of Jay locking the door and the music from the T.V becoming muffled as he nods off into a much needed nap. Except, the moment is pretty much ruined when Jay drops onto his lap a bit too roughly. The kitten just takes the remote, curls up, and switches it back to whatever he was watching before. This time it's a SUJU performance, he believes.

“Not even a ‘sorry’?” Taec asks, face scrunched up in a mixture of pain and annoyance.

“Sorry.”

He scowls, yet he still wraps his arms around his grumpy cat—ignoring the fact that Jay was hitting him hard in the side with his tail. Still, Taec slowly went to sleep.


Unknown to him, his "grumpy" kitten had turned around to face him—eyes showing both adoration and little jealousy.

 

He eyed the area where he had scratched, feeling a bit guilty when he saw small lines of blood; all thoughts about his lacking in height replaced with how he never meant to hurt his loving owner.

Shyly, Jay the scratches—face scrunching up in distaste as the tangy liquid hit his tongue. He jumps in shock when Taec grunts and flushes in embarrassment before jumping away—trying his best not to look at Taec's body as he shifted—muscles flexed and tightened.

--

When Taecyeon wakes up, it's because: one, he's cold (and he sneezed super ing hard) as hell—and two, he can hear Jay complaining from somewhere in the house. And, just when he's about to go see what's wrong— "YOU CRUSHED MY ING SHOES, YOU STUPID GIANT!"

He only sighs. (And maybe, just maybe, Taecyeon sneezes again and kinda ends up sneezing on an already fuming Jay whom in turn bites him right on his neck, which results in a lot of blood, a crappy patch up, a passed out hybrid, and a visit to the hospital... But Taec apologized, so it should be alright.)

 

》♡《

 

Even Worse, It's Tuesday:

 

 

Today is less ty—yet still, he’s left drained and tired. Fortunately, this time Jay is waiting for him outside the door, expressionless until he notices his owner as big as he was—he frowns at his owner. (The frown, now a mere pout, still manages to cheer Taec up.)

“Aww! You actually thought of me!”
 

The other male hisses. Taecyeon only continued to walk; a grin on his face. “Sorry.” He chuckles at Jay, his grin turning into a, albeit tired, very dazzling smile.

A familiar rush of heat washes over the hybrid, but it's left ignored (even if it got worse) when Taecyeon leans in and places a kiss on his forehead, fluffing his hair lovingly. His lover steps back a bit and yawns, the same grin from before appearing again.

(Sometimes he forgets just how attractive his owner is and just...poof! Super giddy feelings and explosions!)

The hybrid watches him with narrowed eyes and huffs when Taecyeon easily stretches his arm out to poke his cheek. “Are you better now?” He asks Jay, eyebrows raised so high they almost touch his hairline.

“Get the out of my face.” He hisses, turning his head away from Taec.

“But I'm not.” His owner responds, just as snarky as him.

“Then get away from me.” The hybrid states blandly, giving him a you're-ing-dumb look.

“But you're in front of the door.” Taecyeon says, imitating the hybrid's nasal voice.

“So go inside!” Jay exclaims, obviously annoyed with the mockery.

“Then move!”

(The fact that he could've easily grabbed the kitten up in a hug and walked in obviously did not cross his overworked mind, Jay noticed..notlikehewanteditoranything...)

Taecyeon wiggles his eyebrows at the frowning kitten and walks in only when Jay, almost reluctantly, steps away.

 

Jay lazily walked in behind him before closing the door (something Tired Taecyeon always forgot to do) and locking it. For a second, the hybrid watched his lover's broad back (and might I add his long, strong legs and those damn biceps) as he walked away because quite admirably, the dude was ing giant. And built.

He quickly caught up with the seemingly distracted college student before easily jumping up onto his back.

“You're a .” he says quietly, curling his tail around his owner's middle in fear of falling.

“How?” Taecyeon scoffs, loosely gripping the hybrid's short legs as they (he) walked to their bedroom. “Because.” Jay answers shortly, realizing that he would sound silly—though he didn't really care.

“Well whatever princess, just get off now...cuz you can’t ride me for long; you get tired very quickly.” he chuckles out, cringe-worthy with his joke, gently helping Jay onto the bed before petting the hybrid's ears as he glared at him. He grinned at him and walked to his desk.

He watched as Jay quietly had a temper tantrum before plopping onto his desk chair and spinning around—he let out hearty bouts of laughter and chortled out a, “But even when your in heat you can’t keep up!” And Jay squawks in embarrassment before chucking a pillow at his owner so hard his head wobbles—and Jay would feel bad for how hard it hit if the giant wasn’t still laughing.

“So..” he spins around to look at Jay, giving a sleepy smile that reminds the hybrid that the tall man was tired, and seemingly forgets what he was going to say. He blinks, his puffy eyes showing his obvious exhaustion—or maybe the pillow gave him a concussion, we'll never know.

Finally, he remembers and speaks. “I have work to do, so please stay quiet.”

“M'kay?” he asks, waiting for the catboy to at least acknowledge him. Jay nods and his owner turns to his desk, slowly opening up his laptop to start typing an almost done essay.

“The most important event to ever have happened in my life...” He mumbles, typing as he spoke—Jay could practically see the smile forming on Taecyeon's face, he rolled his eyes.
 

(“When I met Jay—” said male throws a pillow at him, laughing at his goofy owner before catching his mistake and going back to being a .)

“Type quietly.” He says, his owner scoffing in return.

(Jay maybe accidentally smiles lovingly at his owner when he doesn’t look back.)

For maybe half an hour, the hybrid sat on the bed and lazily watched as his lover furiously typed away. When Taecyeon's movements became slower; Jay could only guess the other male was soon to pass out. He rolls his eyes and focuses on his tail, lazily curling it around his thigh.

“...then I started my second year..” He grumbles and sighs then tries to reword it but fails—the tired student abruptly starts spouting out nonsense and sighs maybe a million times before trying to get serious again. “You're almost done Taecyeon, stay strong.” He mumbles to himself, Jay merely chuckles.

He tries to focus again.

Knowingly, Jay watches as Taecyeon pauses his movements. He all but slams his face onto the keyboard before basically dragging himself up, then throws himself onto the bed; the hybrid followed his every movement.

“I’m just gonna sleep, ‘kay..?” He said, albeit being muffled (because he had a habit of smashing his face onto things) by the bed.

 

“Whatever you want..” Jay said softly, “Sleep well.” he attempted to say, but before he could finish he was cut off by a loud snore that the oh so dramatic (even in his sleep!) Taecyeon lets out.

He watches the college student with a relieved smile because ofcoursehisownershouldbewellrested...

Jay shakes his head when the taller male mumbles out something along the lines of “I love you kitty." which not only makes Jay blush, but cringe hella hard because of some lovey-dovey memories ruined by multiple things, including that phrase and Taecyeon falling off the bed—though he’d never bring those up, of course...

The hybrid suddenly feels like he should watch over Taecyeon in case he, quite comically, fell off the bed. (Not because he cares, but because he wants to laugh at him..kinda...)

 

 

And then he doesn't when he looks at his owner, the tall man's legs hanging halfway off the bed—while Jay himself fit on the bed perfectly, space even being left! There was no way the fall would even hurt.

 

His mood changed quickly and he just, “Ugh!”

 

He frowned at the sleeping male—then grimaced when his stomach growled angrily and pained him greatly. Jay huffed before leaving the room, heading to the kitchen for something to eat.

 

Once in the kitchen, he immediately goes to the fridge and yanks it open.

He'd eaten the rice already, and he could barely cook; so the only things left were a half eaten cupcake, a perfect salad, milk and a couple apples—all because Taecyeon never really liked the thought of his oblivious, tiny and helpless hybrid going out alone, they had almost nothing to eat.

Jay sighs and pulls out the half empty carton of milk, setting it on the table with a hum—and then he realizes he needs a cup. And then he realizes he can't reach the cups—and that Taecyeon was passed out and he definitely wasn't gonna wake up any time soon.

The short hybrid's ears twitched, he grumbled in annoyance and roughly grabbed a chair, placing it in front of the cupboards.

Just like everyone, he expected to reach the cupboard with ease—but nooo! Since Taec lived there for like forever, he'd gotten everything adjusted to his height because of some stupid “back pains” when he leaned down. Oh, how Jay hated his dramatic owner.

Aggressively, he reached for the first cup in his grasp.

And then..

CRASH!

The large mug that was literally Taecyeon's favourite cup (for the main reason that it said “okcat” which of course he considered as a very cringe-worthy thing) went crashing to the floor, breaking into a bunch of sharp shards of porcelain.

Jay looked down at the mess with impossibly wide eyes, going from angry to helpless in a split second. (Taec wasn't overreacting when he said these things.)

Slowly he got down, stepping past the mess with worry that he might cut himself (for “a feline must stay perfect at all times” according to him) before running off, thinking of a place to hide.

“Well...he deserves it.” he reasons with himself, tip-toeing to the living room.

He hid behind the couch nervously before, eventually, falling asleep; kneeling guiltily behind the light colored furniture.

--

This time, it's Jay who wakes up confused as to why his owner was complaining. (And he suddenly got chills and his heart started beating fast. He definitely already knew he was in trouble.)

So he stands up and starts to go to where the shouts came from—but before he can get anywhere, Taecyeon all but tackles him to the ground.

“You're ing lucky you're cute..” Taecyeon grumbles, face smushed on Jay's narrow shoulder.

The confused hybrid looks at the upset male like he's crazy, but then sees the opened cupboard door and remembers the little accident...

“Hmph!”

 

Taecyeon starts tickling him. (Then, maybe, Jay slaps him and kinda stalks off in a pissy mood, leaving Taec to wonder what the his kitten's problem is.)

 

》♡《

 

A Bit Better, It's Wednesday:


 

“Today was good.” Taecyeon says cheerfully, smiling so hard Jay looks away, grimacing.

He doesn't move away though, he stays put on the counter top—he's got plans to complain and he's gonna do it!

“Yea, we all got sent home early; the professor's girlfriend walked in all fussy about how nice he was to her sister. She was all, “Honeybun, do you think she's prettier than me? Is it because she's taller and more girly?” It was funny to see her all mad—what, I wasn't being rude; it was funny because he really, really loves her and she was just being silly."

Jay cringed at the strange aegyo-ish voice Taecyeon used with his Mom, but cringed even more at how insecure the professor's girl sounded.

And Jay, being who he is, laughed; because he would and could never get jealous. That would just be silly.

 

“So yea, my day was good, how about you Ma?”

Taecyeon asked, holding the phone so close to his face it was bound to show sweat or grease.

“Ah..okay.” Jay's ears twitch atop his head almost erratically when he catches on to the slight waver in his owner's voice. “The hospital? How?”

A long pause follows his question—silent for the catboy, an earful for the tall human.

Jay could tell Taecyeon was getting nervous, he'd pulled the phone away from his face and his smile had clearly fallen.

And now that his lover had set down the phone, crestfallen and not as annoyingly chipper, he had to decide whether he should one, complain (which would worsen the already saddened male's mood) or two, smother Taecyeon with failed aegyo until he felt better.

It was a small battle of “ don't do that you're too manly” and “but he looks so sad be nice you ” before he made his final decision.

Both.

He decided to do both.

"Hey!" Jay hopped off of the counter top with a pout and latched onto his owner, back hugging the other male tightly. "What's wrong, human?"
 

Taecyeon doesn't put much thought to the hybrid's words and merely sighs, "Ma sprained her ankle at work and even though I told her she needed to rest she still went." He frowns and sighs again, almost slipping out of Jay's suspiciously loving hug.

"Ma will be alright!" he says in a sing-song voice. Taecyeon pulls away with yet another sigh, "I guess." he says quietly.

 

Jay almost glares. "She'll be alright!" He repeats, the sing-song tone a little more bland. "Ma is a very strong, strong girl!" Jay says, frowning in distaste until Taecyeon turns to face him—having finally caught onto the so called "cute" tone his kitten used.

“Don't feel sad, human—you can't be sad!” Jay stamps his foot lightly, "Smiiile! Only I can be sad."

Taec raises an eyebrow at the hybrid, "Why are you sad."

(He ponders on whether “ I am hungry” would be rude and decides on not saying it)

"Jaebeommie is hungry!" he states, poking his stomach to emphasize thefactthathewasingstarving his hunger.

“Get food for me?” he cringes a bit (it's so serious he shudders) but ends up playing it off as a cute squirm. He reaches out and makes grabby hands, "Buy Jaebeommie food?"

He thinks his "aegyo" might've failed when Taecyeon just looks at him (and damn if it did he would cry)—but his lover adores everything about him and smiles wide, and it gets wider as he swoops Jay up and twirls him around (that of course infuriates Jay, but he says nothing.)

"Let's go out to eat then, Jaebeom. A date."

 

Okay, Jay can admit he wasn't expecting that—but at least he gets food.

--

Jay lights up at the very sight of sweets. Through the window he could see a bunch of pretty pastries and cute drinks. Taec could only smile at his excited kitten before pulling the smaller male into the café. (He would've went to an actual restaurant for the date, but the ones they passed weren't quite...catboy friendly—this colourful hybrid café would suffice)

Jay looked around happily, smiling at the sight of other hybrids and their acquaintances—but most of all the variety of cakes. He was really excited for the cake because they had cute designs and they looked really fluffy on the inside and he didn't know what to get at all, the most he knew was that the cat sprinkles were adorable...ahem..

Taecyeon had to pull him to one of the small tables, telling him to sit down and to "Stop smiling so cutely before I squish you."

Jay pouted in response and ended up getting smushed anyways because according to Taec, the pout was also cute—his owner pinched his cheeks until they were red and all the hybrid wanted to do was pinch the dumb smile right off of Taec's face.

Finally, Taecyeon notices the frilly menu on the table and picks it up; skimming through it lazily. "There's a tuna sandwich, Jay. It's cute too," he chuckles, "it's shaped like a fish."

Jay immediately glared at him, "Just ‘cuz I'm part cat doesn't mean I like fish." he states flatly, rolling his eyes. Taecyeon doesn't even look up at him, just keeps quietly looking through the thin book.

A moment passed, Jay looked down at his lap and swung his legs guiltily. He spoke up when he noticed Taec didn't insist on it, flushed slightly. "But I still want it!"

His owner laughed at him and proceeded to look through the menu, picking out food (and coffee of course) for himself.

Jay looked around again as he waited for his owner; it was a small, mostly wood café and it was decorated in a bunch of animal patterns with pink everywhere—admittedly, it was all very cute to him. It was cute because his lover fit right in with his bright smile and messy attire, and the sweet tone he used just matched the comfy vibe.

He decided quietly that he wouldn't act like a ; he'd enjoy this date with Taec.

There was literally nothing that would ruin his mood.

...

And then it happened.

A waiter walked up to their table with small steps and greeted them cheerfully, friendly and annoying with their deep kind of feminine/sassy voice. “Hello! Uhm...I’ve brought you some cake—and it's on the house!” He put Jay's plate down carelessly, never even glancing at the white furred kitten; then gently sets Taecyeon's plate right in front of him, grinning from ear to ear.

“So! How are you feeling about AA2pm so far?”
 

Taec smiles a bit, replying that the café was cute— “But what does the name mean?” he questions, and the waiter ing giggles, “It's kinda dumb, but it means Animals At 2pm—since there is a small happy hour (which is just catnip and things of the like) every Tuesday and Saturday at 2pm; you should come next time, the owners get to socialize kind of. You might get to the meet the boss, he made up that flop of a shop name but he's cool.” Jay thinks it's lame and rolls his eyes, wishing the waiter would just disappear already.

Jay distastefully reads the waiter's name to himself, “...Chansung..” he scoffs, glaring at the bunny hybrid. Said hybrid  side-eyes him, giving him a smug look before turning back to Taecyeon and smiling.

Jay looked to Taec expectantly, only become shocked at the sight of him obliviously replying to the flirty bunny. He sighs at his owner, disappointment obvious with the pout that forms and the slouch in his posture. Taecyeon doesn't notice, instead continuing to speak with the waiter; leaving Jay to hide his face in his arms.

A thought struck the catboy when he heard Taec compliment the 'Chansung' boy about something along the lines of a fit body, and he almost immediately became upset.

Maybe Taecyeon wasn't unknowingly flirting with the other hybrid. Maybe he thought 'Chansung' was attractive...well…Jay could understand that; he was tall and in shape (not that Jay wasn't fit…he was just a bit softer at the tummy due to his love of sweets, whilst there were evident abs under the waiter's shirt), he had a quiet personality unlike Jay, and he had a natural tinge of pink on his cheeks and button nose—and he was a bunny, god dammit! With big floppy ears and a cute, fluffy ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter