Well...

Oh Boy

Kim Jongin likes Do Kyungsoo.

Kim Jongin likes Kyungsoo.

Kim Jongin likes me.

 

Kyungsoo's head could only screech as Baekhyun held his hand and dragged him through the crowd with unnecessary determination, towards the Slytherin table where Jongin sat with his friends and was seemingly having a casual conversation with them.

 

There was always a crowd around the Slytherin table, especially around Kim Jongin and his lackeys.

Kyungsoo always made a point to stay away, because he already had Byun Baekhyun to take care of, and looking at Kim Jongin outshine everyone else made Kyungsoo exhausted just by breathing the same air as him.

He wasn't necessarily fond of people, especially those who brought about unneeded attention, and though it wasn't as if he disliked Kim Jongin, he definitely did not want to be associated with him.

It didn't matter to him whether people noticed the small little things he did for them, be it helping them compiling their notes or cleaning up the messy dorm, but he liked doing it anyway so it didn't really matter whether people actually cared or not.

But with Kim Jongin, in Kyungsoo's eyes, it's a whole new different story. Even though people just loved him without even trying, it was like he wanted to shove up everyone's faces that hey, I'm Kim Jongin, love me or die.

The small male doesn't know what really was the main factor that put him off, but he just knew that Kim Jongin was too much trouble.

 

And so, with the development of Jongin's apparent crush on him, Kyungsoo felt his whole world crash as the small bubble that he made that neatly set the boundary between him and the rest of world; with the exception of Byun Baek, that cheeky er, popped, Kyungsoo felt helpless, and though it would be really immature to do so, if there was anyone to be blamed, it would be Kim ing Jongin.

But Kyungsoo doesn't know how he ends up sitting opposite the said male that one could say that he dislikes, his right leg twitching and his palms clammy, with Baekhyun giving him a pat on his back before he takes off, sending a wink towards Jongin's direction.

Not only that, but it was apparently also a cue for the crowd to disperse and Jongin's friends to go, who, in Kyungsoo's unapparent disbelief, sent Jongin a sly knowing look.

 

With Kyungsoo being Jongin's center of attention, the distinctly fairer male could only swallow the lump in his throat and almost choke from his nervousness, as he broke into a cold sweat. Jongin simply eyed him from the other side, before breaking into a smile that only a Slytherin could pull off.

Have mercy on me for I am just a smol precious Hufflepuff.

Even up close, Kyungsoo still doesn't get all the hype about Jongin, only to have the male slowly creep into his heart, and a new reminder to kill Byun Baekhyun even if it meant going to Azkaban for it, because him and his logic about love and kkaebsong.