Together

Rejection (editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I didn't expect people to read this, haha. 

You guys wanted a sequel, so here it is

Days without him turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months.

I would still see him on live radio shows and I would hear him on the radio.

He unfollowed me on all social media.

Why?

I don’t know. Maybe I am not considered a friend of his.

I still talk to Yixing. He’s the other member I’m closest with. All the other members don’t even think about me.

I feel betrayed, you know?

It’s like Baekhyun and I’s friendship brought my friendship with EXO to demise.

I realized that just one person could ruin the rest.

 

“Hello?” I whispered into the phone. It was sometime past 1 am and Yixing, being the mysterious man he is, called me out of the blue.

“Hey Eunhae. How are you holding up?” Yixing asked.

I fell back on my bed and stared up at the ceiling. “Empty.” All of these months, life was getting more and more boring. I just wasn’t used to not speaking to anyone at the end of the day. The only people I knew in town were my family, but they weren’t interesting.

Yixing huffed a breath into the device. “Eunhae, I have some good news. I think you might like it.”

“What is it?”

“Well,” Yixing began, “You know how my bandmates went to North America for their tour recently?”

I nodded. When I realized that he doesn’t see my actions, I murmured, “Yes,” into the phone.

Yixing grinned. “Well, they just arrived here in Korea. I just saw them. They are inside the dorm right now.”

“Where are you?” I asked.

He whispered, “Outside.”

“Oh.”

The silence bounced around the device for a few moments. Then, Yixing spoke up, “You should come and say hello to them. They miss you.”

My stomach burned. EXO missing me? That was impossible. “Yix-“

“Please.” His voice was soft. “They do not think of you badly, if you are wondering. A few months after your ‘confession’, Chanyeol was sad in the practice room. I asked him what was wrong, and he said that he misses you. Jongdae joined in too, and everyone else did. Even Baekhyun apologized for making you so sad that you never visited. Please, Eunhae. We really do miss your presence.”

I thought about it for a moment. “Fine.” I said, fixing my hair. “I’ll be there in a few minutes.”

Yixing did a little cheer. “Alright, I’ll tell them. Good bye.”

“Good bye.”

 

I knocked on the brown wooden door. Memories of this place began to flood my mind. I remember the time when I came over for a sleepover with Baekhyun. That night was fun. I found out that Sehun even had a little crush on me, so Baekhyun would always shoosh him away for some reason.

I also danced with Jongin and Yixing that night. How could they do it? It was hard to keep up with them.

The door slowly parted and it revealed Minseok glancing at me. “Eunhae!” He cheered before pulling me into a tight hug. “You’ve gotten so taller.” Minseok would always make fun of my height.

I flashed a small smile as he let me inside. “You can go sit in the living room. Are you hungry?”

I shook my head.

As I made my way to the living room, Minseok whispered, “And don’t step on any of the boys, okay? Some of them are sleeping because of jet lag.”

I bobbed my head up and down and sat on the couch, making sure not to step on Joonmyun or Jongin’s head in the process. The living room didn’t change at all. The book shelves were still filled with Sehun’s comic books.

Two brisk arms wrapped their selves around my body from behind the couch. The figure had the aroma of the outside world. You know the smell of outside? It smelled like iron.

“I didn’t think you’d come.” Yixing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter