Too Late

If Only You Knew

POV:

The club is filled with loud music and many other patrons. I don't even know why I choose to visit this place every week despite all the noise and drunks everywhere whom reek of alcohol. 

I personally prefer to have some peace and quiet during my own free time. Maybe adding someone close in to chat with would be even better. Looking at my watch, I was surprised to see that it was already 2AM. I've been around drinking for the past 4 hours. 

The club that was filled with loud music for the past hours had toned down and is now playing some soft music, the DJ made the announcement informing everyone that the club will be closing in 30 mins. I ordered my last glass of red wine for the night and start sipping it slowly while looking towards the crowd on the dance floor that has becomes smaller. Out there were young couples holding one another in their arms, swaying from side to side along with the slow tune that's still playing. 

At that very moment, feelings of loneliness an emptiness washed over me. How I wish you were beside right now..

We used to be so close, you were my source of happiness and energy. I thought nothing could stop us but I was wrong. I noticed you slipping away slowly from my grasp yet I didn't know what to do. 

I took another sip of my red wine, I'm puzzled as to why wines that I drink from time to time now are no longer as sweet as it used to taste like a few years ago when  I drank with you frequently. Like beer that tastes unpleasantly bitter, wine that I drink now tastes sour. Slowly I found myself getting used to the taste of bitterness and sourness and got accustomed to it. At least it gets the job done after many hours of drinking, I usually get to fall asleep easily without having to feel any pain. 

I've missed you so much. I miss seeing you on the bed next to mine every night when we were roommates. Yet now we only get to see each other on rare occasions unless we are promoting together as a group. Why does it have to be so difficult to see someone that I cared about, someone that I have so much love for, someone that I'm willing to do anything for?

It hurts so much knowing that you'll probably never love like how I've loved you.

I took out my phone, and searched online for recent news about you. It has becomes a habit of mine. There I came across the news that I've seen quite are times. It seems like you have found your source of happiness and energy. No other news showing any negative things about you, all was well. You were doing perfectly well in your new relationship, you're happy and that was all that matter to me.  

Lights in the club were now turned back on, business for the night as come to an end. 

*Beep*
A text message came in, it was from you. 
"Unnie, I've headed from Qri unnie that you're drinking again?! Is 3 years if drinking not enough?! Doctor from the hospital just reminded us all to ensure you stop drinking or you'll never recover from your illness. What if something worse happened to you like the last time?! I'm at the club now to pick you up, where are you?!"

I glanced up towards the exit and saw you there with a worried expression. I was glad to know that you will always be there to look out for me. 

And there behind you was your new boyfriend, he must be sent you here at such late hour. You are actually happy now and I shouldn't be the one that make you worry for me. I should pick myself up, and live healthily, for you. 

I pick up the wine glass and downed the half remaining contents in the glass, ready to head back home with you. But there and then a sharp pain pierced through my heart causing this numb and stuffy feeling. 
I head and body felt heavy, and before I knew it I've collapse on to the ground. 

I saw you rushing towards me scream in my name loudly before everything went black and I no longer know whether I'm still alive. 

Sometimes thing never go our way, good things never last. Just when we are hoping for thing's to change for the better, it makes a turn for the worse. It was too late, if only you came for me a year or two earlier...

 

_____________________________________________
Hope it wasn't too bad, first time writing a story about T-ara pairings. Have listened to T-ara's songs in the past, but wasn't a fan or anything. As seen from my username, I'm a sone. But recently through Yuri's IG, I've got to know about Hyomin more, and slowly got to know about T-ara even more too! Plus not to mention the amount of MinYeon moments from 2012-2013. There's too little MinYeon moments lately thus I need to read and write to satisfy my hunger for MinYeon. T__T I'm new, so I hope you guys will like this "Debut story" of mine :) feel free to share with me about any important stuffs about MinYeon that you think I should know about too! 

I am eager to get this out, so I didn't manage to do any proof reading. Pardon me for any errors!