Back when we were.....

The Bus Stop Where I...

 

A/N: This is the flashback before the kiss.


 

"Oh, here it is! Luhan, press the bell!" I told him to press the bell button to indirectly inform the bus driver that we wanted to stop here.

 

As soon as the bus stopped, Luhan and I got off from the bus and I inhaled the air into my nose to get some fresh air. Ah, the smell of water from the river never failed to fresh me up. I was in the mood of peace when someone hit at the back of my shoulder hardly causing me to jump in shock while groaning in pain.

"Don't breath too much. The air is polluted unless you want to get sick." Luhan warned me with a smirk and I really hate that. He is my friend but he is so annoying that I'm willing to strangle his neck.

I made some faces in front of him to show that I hate whenever he is telling me something. "Like I care." I said bossily.

He rolled his eyes after I said that. "Yeah! I don't care if you get sick. I'm hungry now. Let's go!" He walked away without turning to me.

I stomped my feet in annoyance. "Luhan!" That boy is so annoying to death. Why am I his friend? Sometimes, I wish to have a friend who cared each other not like him but he is the only friend that I've ever had. The good deed he did to me was just protecting me from his rabid fangirls who hated me to death because I'm close with Luhan. Receiving death threats are norm to me in contrast with Luhan received love letters. I was scared at first but Luhan told me not to be scared because he is here with me and I've never felt protected before. But those things only happened inside of school. I don't want to talk about him outside of school. Like I've said, annoying, irritating, exasperating and all bad things are referred to him.

 

 

We walked until we reached to one of a delicatessens that sold a lot of foods. Trust me, they sold the tastiest delicacies here which is one of the reasons why me and Luhan often come here. Not to mention, the food that was displayed and prepared is also in creative manner. Let me tell you something, you want an ice cream and they gave you a cone of ice cream. But as you take a from that ice cream, it tasted like a meringue icing cream. Then, as you bite the cone, there is a cake inside it. Can you imagine? A cake inside an ice cream cone and the icing imitated the ice cream. The owner and the workers are so genius!

I walked with my eyes focused on the display that full of unique and creative food. Hmm, almost all of their foods I had tried. Maybe I should take a look with today's special. As my eyes turned to the display for today's special, I saw something that caught my eyes. It was really cute that I want to take a closer look so I quickly skipped to the display and leaned to the glass as close as possible while smiling from ear-to-ear.

"Luhan! Come here. I want you to see this. It's so cute!" I squealed while calling him and I can't hide my childish excitement when I saw that one particular food that made me thrilled. Luhan came to me and his eyes followed my finger to where I pointed to him. He took a look at it and then showed a frown to me. What's with that look? I hate whenever he gave that kind of face. "Buy for me, please!" I begged him to buy it. That food is too cute to ignore.

He frowned again. Can he stop from doing that because it irked me a lot! "You want to eat a dog and its puppy?"

What the hell is he talking about? Oh yeah, the food that I was showing to him was a hotdog bun but was decorated like a dog and the two hotdogs resemblanced the puppy. Who wouldn't fall in love with that hotdog bun's cuteness? Well, except Luhan. I pouted but my forehead formed a crest. To be honest, I don't like when he said that I want to eat a dog and puppies. I mean, it is a hotdog but hotdog and dog are different thing. I know that he was trying to joke but this was not funny at all.

"What? I was just joking! I thought you knew that." He tried to defend himself. I rolled my eyes at his statement. Like I've said, his joke is not funny. He snickered while placing his arm around my shoulder and coaxed me. "Okay, I will buy this for you."

My eyes lit up and I turned to him while flashing a bright smile to him. Yay! He is buying that for me. I'm so happy! "Thank you, Luhan! You are my best friend ever. As a return, I will treat you with that hotdog bun too."

"What's the point of me paying this to you when you're going to buy for me the same thing? That's just like you bought it for yourself." He let out his annoyance to me because there is no meaning of this if I'm just going to buy the same thing as what I asked him. It's like I bought it for myself. I giggled while sticking out my tongue to show my victory. I really like to make him angry with me. He is the type of guy who wouldn't get mad at me if I annoyed him but then, I hated when he did the same thing to me.

 

 

Both of us were walking to the lake park which is nearby to the shop to eat our food before we moved to the next place. I pointed to Luhan that there is an empty bench right in front of the lake for us to sit and we quickly made a step to there. As soon as we were seated there, we took our food. I can't wait to eat the hotdog bun but there reason why I want to buy it because I want to admire its cuteness. I unwrapped the food wrapper in hurry and as soon as I saw the face of a dog on the bun, I began to squeal at its cuteness. Luhan took a glance at me weirdly before he shrugged his shoulder and unwrapped the food.

Meanwhile me, after seeing that, I didn't have a heart to eat that. Aww, why did I buy this? It's too cute to eat. "Luhan, this hotdog is too cute. I can't bear to eat it." I made a sad face to Luhan. If I ate this, the whole thing will be ruined. Poor the puppies though.

"You said that you want it and now, you couldn't bear to eat it? I just wasted my money on you." Once again, he let out his annoyance to me.

"No, you didn't buy this for me. We bought the same thing so it doesn't count as you bought it for me." Luhan looked at me in disbelief. He gritted his teeth while making an angry face before he looked away from me. I made an audible giggle when I tricked him. Today is my day! I love this. Then, my attention was drifted to the hotdog bun. My cutie hotdog bun, unfortunately, you're going to end up in my mouth and stomach. "I'm sorry, cutie." I said sadly before I shoved it into my mouth and took a bit. Hmm, as expected. Even a hotdog bun tasted awesome. I turned to Luhan and unlike me where I took a bite on the face of 'dog', Luhan took a bite from its back. "You ate from the back?"

"I like doggy style." He casually said.

My eyes are widened in shock before I narrowed it in anger and I scooted away from him in disgust. I knew it right away that this conversation is going to lead something else that I don't want to hear.

"What? Oh come on, don't act innocent. We learnt about in biology class." He gave a reason although for me, that's not a valid reason at all.

"It's reproduction, Luhan. We learnt reproduction in our biology class." I corrected because I don't want to say that three letters word. I'm too pure for that.

Luhan rolled his eyes because I know that he is not agreeing with me, "Whatever! I like to call it because reproduction is such a long word."

"They're different, Luhan. A huge difference." Honestly, I shouldn't drag this conversation any longer because I knew that Luhan will never stop talking about that.

Both of us began to argue about that matter. While I said that those two things are different, Luhan said otherwise. In the end, I had to give up because surely I can't win a erted minded people.

 

 

After having fun walking around the lake, we decided to have more fun at karaoke box. Both of us like to sing and we even have a great voice that we don't want to lose to each other. Despite that the fact we are great singers, we do have our own weakness too. I can sing in higher or lower tone and have an ability to do the high notes. Besides that, I harmonized very well but I'm not good at expressing an emotion while singing which is something that Luhan good at. Luhan's voice is really soft and smooth that soothed to hear. Ballad songs are definitely suited him the most. The only problem for him though that he is not good doing high notes. He can do it but of course a little bit shaky which is why we ended up singing together rather than singing alone. It's even fun when we sing together.

 

"Ain't I see you before, I think I remember those eyes, eyes, eyes, eyes, eyes, eyes"

 

I sang my line while pointing my eyes to him as the lyric goes. Luhan playfully wanted to poke my eyes with his fingers. Luckily, I dodged it but of course it wasn't that serious and we just laughed at each other.

Then, it's Luhan's turn to sing. I really like his voice so much even though his voice is soft but it's really pleasant to hear. Luhan is not the type who likes to show off his good voice because he is afraid that his fangirls will be going crazy with his voice. Smh, that's bossy.

 

"Swear I seen you before, I think I remember those eyes, eyes, eyes, eyes, eyes, eyes"

 

He was leaning closely to my eyes that caused our head to bump. Thankfully, it's just a light bump. But we laughed out loud while singing.

When the chorus part comes, we sang loudly while jumping up and down like crazy people. I'm so glad that only both of us here. I think people are scared of us after watching us behaving like this. Nevertheless, it's fun. Hanging out with Luhan is really fun. But sometimes I was wondering if he ever hangs out with his friends. I'm not talking about me but his male friends. Maybe on weekends perhaps but I'm really happy to enjoy with someone. My parents wouldn't allow me to go out after school but they immediately agreed when I mentioned Luhan. It's weird. Sometimes, some parents wouldn't allow their daughter to go out with boys. Same goes to my parents but Luhan is an exception.

Luhan was my neighbour and we were close when we were young and even go to same school, in same class and everything else. We were always together like twins. But Luhan's family moved a few years ago to other place but lucky me, he didn't move out from the school. Ever since he was young, he is really popular among girls in school and all of them are going head over heels on him but he only looked at me as best friends.

 

 

"Yah! The bus is coming. Hurry!" Luhan pulled my wrist and dashed to the bus stop. I was in dazed and couldn't make out what's happening. My feet were staggered while he was dragging me but slowly I managed to find a step and walked normally. We were running really fast as the bus had already reached to the bus stop. If we missed it, we have to wait another 15 to 30 minutes and we will be reached home late.

We finally managed to get into the bus. I'm so glad that there is a lot of seats left. Usually, the seat will be occupied as this is the peak hour. We got the seat at the back and we couldn't stop talking even though we were having fun together. All the things around us became the subject of our talk. Anything happens. It's like we don't how to shut ourselves up.

 

'The next stop.....'

Both of us stopped talking after hearing the announcement of the next stop. Unfortunately, the next stop is my place. That means I have to separate with Luhan for few hours before I'm going to see him at school tomorrow. Separating with Luhan is the hardest part to be honest. I feel really lonely after Luhan's family had moved. Back in the day, we were always sticking each other. Yes, always. Either I came to his house or vice versa and often sleepover. Our parents didn't mind it though.

"It looks like we're going to stop here." I muttered sadly while pouting. Ah, I really want to talk to him more.

"Don't worry. I will call you tonight." He said while smiling at me with a promise that he will call me later at night. Am I being too dramatic just now? I'm saying like we won't be seeing each other for few years when we will continue to talk later.

"Really? Make sure you call me. If not, I will call you." Luhan just giggled at my words and promised once again that he will call me. It's really good to have a friend like him.

He pressed the bell button and the bus slowed down before it stop at the bus stop. With a heavy heart, I got up from my seat and waved him as a goodbye. I said 'see you tomorrow' to him and he replied. Even when I had got off from the bus, I still waved at him. We didn't stop waving until the bus started to accelerate and Luhan's face disappeared from my sight.

After that, I make a step to my home. Then, I felt like my phone is vibrating on my pocket and it's a message from Luhan:

 

'Be careful while walking, Joohyun. Text me when you'd arrived home.'

 

I smiled at his message and replied back to him. It feels great to have a friend like him. He cared for me a lot.

 

 

 

 


Thank you for everyone who subscribed, upvoted, and commented. I hope you will like it. Like I said above, this chapter is before the kiss. Basically, it's about their friendship. After the kiss will be the next one.