My heart for you

My heart for you (Taesica)-One shot

 

'Jessie...please eat some of your porridge...' Tiffany begs but her daughter pushes away the spoon and she look away. Tiffany's heart broken when she sees her daughter in this state.

Meet Jessica Kwon a 18 years old girl with a hole in her heart is waiting for a donor. Though people around her keep on encouraging her and told her not to give up her life she knows the fact that her time is short.

The hospital is like her second home because she spent most of her times there.

She is a very quiet and likes to isolate herself from the other patients in the hospital and she often cries herself to sleep. She knows her parents don’t want this to happen to her neither is she but maybe the God has a bigger plan for her.

 

‘I’m worry for her…’ her father Kwon Yul sighs when he watches his daughter daydreaming in her room from outside of her room.

Tiffany’s heart goes weak when she saw her husband worries about their daughter; they never thought that Jessica will fall ill one day.

‘Let just pray…’ Tiffany gently squeezes her husband’s shoulder to encourage the 38 years old man.

‘Let’s go home Fany…’ Yul intertwined his fingers with his wife’s and they leaving the place.

 

 

‘Taeng! What do you think you are doing sneaking into the nurse room?!’ a doctor scolds a patient in the hallway.

‘Geez~ Doc~ I was just trying to get some chips for myself!’

‘You know you can’t eat that kind of food! If you don’t want to die earlier listen to my advice!’

‘Taeng…you being naughty again aren’t you?’ a man in his late 30 scolds the young boy.

 

Meet Kim Taeng…he’s 19 and he’s suffering from brain cancer and he’s in his final stage. He refuses to take chemotherapy and his parents don’t have any choice but to let him be. He is Kim Hyo and Sunny Lee’s only son they want him to live but they know how stubborn their son is so they let the fate and faiths take the role.

 

‘Taengoo darling…you can’t eat that…it’s unhealthy…’ Sunny tries to persuade her son.

‘…but omma…I’m going to die soon right? Why can’t I just enjoy my life before I die?’

‘Yah!’ Hyo slaps his son ‘You! Why is it so easy for you to say you are going to die soon? You know how painful is our heart when we hear you said that?!’

‘Hyo! Don’t hit our son anymore!’ Sunny cries and she holds Taeng’s head in her embrace to protect him from getting hit by his father again.

Hyo calms down and he puts his knuckles down and he marches away with anger.

‘My poor baby boy…did your dad hurt you?’ Sunny caress his smooth baby skin face.

‘Omma…appa hate me is it?’

‘He doesn’t hates you Taeng…he’s just…sad…’ Sunny sheds some tears when she utters out the word.

 

 

From her room…Jessica watches the lady hugs her son and she feels empty suddenly. When she was younger, when she was still healthy her parents always neglected her though they shower her with luxury and high life she doesn’t want all of that. All she ever wanted is to have her mummy and daddy by her side when she needed them the most. Maybe this is the way God punishes her parents for neglecting her before…by take her away from them.

Jessica flashes a weak smile at the boy that notice she’s watching him and her mother.

The boy return her smile with a big grin and Jessica couldn’t help but to laugh at the boy dorky look.

She puts up her thumb at the boy and the boy put up his thumb as well to encourage each other. She finds it funny though she never knows that boy before she feels something is connecting them. Jessica enters her room back and shut the door behind her before she goes to bed.

 

 

 

Then one night…the boy sneaks into her room when he tried to run away from the nurses that tried to feed him his medicine.

‘What are you doing in here?’ Jessica asks in surprise.

‘Oh! Umm…I’m sorry…I was hiding from the nurses…they…want to feed me those awful medicine…do you think I can hide in your room for a moment?’ he pleads and Jessica nods.

 

There was a knock by the door and Jessica instructs Taeng to hide in the bathroom and he follows her instruction and hides in the bathroom.

‘I’m sorry to disturb your sleep Miss Kwon but did you see a young boy run into your room?’

‘If I seen him…I would have called you guys…’ Jessica answers coldly.

‘Okay…’ the nurse disappointed by Jessica’s answer and she apologizes again for disturbing Jessica before she closes the door and went away.

 ‘You can come out now…’ Jessica checks on the boy in the toilet.

‘Thanks for saving me! You are such a saver! Here take some candy that I stole from the nurse office as my gratitude toward you!’ he hands her some candy.

Jessica smiles and she took the offer ‘Thanks…’

‘So…how long have you been in this hospital?’ Taeng asks.

‘Since like…last year…you?’

‘Oh? I’m from the last 2 years…’ Taeng shrugs.

‘Wow…that long?’

‘Yeah…’

‘Sorry if I ask this but…what illness did you have?’ Jessica asks out of her curious.

Taeng sits himself on Jessica’s bed ‘I have…brain cancer…you?’

‘A heart with a hole…’ Jessica replies in sad tone.

Taeng saw that the angelic smiles slowly fading away from the girl’s face, he cracks up a joke to make her happy ‘Hey! If I die earlier than you maybe you can have my heart!’

Jessica laughs at the joke eventually though she tried to hold it in ‘Yah…that’s not funny…’ she gently smacks him on the knee.

‘Hey…you laugh…’ Taeng grins.

‘Is there something wrong if I laugh?’ Jessica giggles.

‘Nope…nothing…you look like an ice princess earlier but now you are laughing and smiling you look more beautiful~’ Taeng compliments and he earns a blush from Jessica.

‘Anyway! My name is Kim Taeng! I’m 19 this year and I’m going to die in 3 more months according to the doctor~ what’s your name?’ Taeng holds out his hand to shake Jessica’s hand.

‘I’m…Jessica Kwon…18’ she shakes his hand.

‘Great! You can be my girlfriend!’ Taeng bluntly says out.

‘Huh?’ Jessica was surprised by his sudden proposal.

‘Will you be my girlfriend Jessica Kwon? I know we just met but I think you’re beautiful and my face is not that bad…I consider myself as the cutest boy you can find in this hospital!’ Taeng jokes.

Jessica chuckles at his lame joke ‘Why would I want to become your girlfriend?’ she asks.

‘Well…I never had one before beside I want to know how’s the feeling to have a girlfriend before I die…’ Taeng makes a sad face and Jessica finds herself amused by the boy’s action and expression and it’s been awhile since she ever laughs like this.

‘But Jessica! This whole relationship thing is not for real we just need to pretend as one! I don’t want us to fall in love with each other and when one of us goes first…the other one will be like devastating…okay?’ Taeng points out his pinky.

‘Okay Kim Taeng…just pretend to be your girlfriend would be fun…you are the most fun I ever had ever since I enter this hospital~’ Jessica smiles and hook their pinky together and promise was seal.

 

 

Though they are suppose to be pretending as couple…with each time they spent with each other they found themselves had fall in love with each other.

 

After 3 months they together Taeng is still alive and Jessica’s condition is getting worse…

Yul and Tiffany often to come visit their daughter and they learnt that their daughter is dating Taeng.

Yul and Tiffany saw how Taeng made his daughter laugh and how Jessica would smiles and her eyes glowing every time Taeng crack up a silly job or make fun of himself in front of her.

Now…Taeng keeps on frequently visiting his ‘fake’ girlfriend when her condition getting worse…

Taeng sneaks into her room and slowly pull a chair to sit next to her ‘Hey…’ he greets and he holds her hand ‘Hmm…looks like the doctor made a big mistake right? You see I’m still alive here beside you…you know…I was silly when I made that ‘don’t fall in love with each other’ pact…cause seeing you like this make my heart hurt so much…and…I learnt that I’ve fallen for you…Jessica what should I do? I’m deeply madly in love with you…’

When he was about to leave the place, Jessica stops him and she’s crying ‘Is it true? You really love me?’

Taeng sighs and nods and he stand there for a moment until Jessica utters out ‘I love you too…’

Taeng was surprised by the confession and he leans inward to plant a soft kiss on her lips. They shared they first kiss and Jessica wanted more from him as she pulls him closer and they spent they evening on the small bed exploring each other’s body.

Jessica gave herself to Taeng because she wants to be his before she dies and Taeng wants to make Jessica his before he dies…

 

A few days later…

 

‘Hello?’

 

‘Mr. Yul…we got a donor for your daughter…’

 

‘Is this true?!’

 

‘Yes…we will start the operation to implant her new heart next week…’

 

‘Thank you doctor! Thank you!’

‘What is it?’ Tiffany asks her husband.

‘Oh Fany!!’ Yul kisses his wife roughly ‘Our daughter is safe! She got a donor!’

‘Really?!’ Tiffany leaps into her husband embrace and she sheds out tears of joy.

 

2 months after the operation…

 

Jessica is getting better but she keeps on wondering where Taeng is. She hasn’t seen him since the last 2 months until one day she found out that she’s pregnant.

She can’t wait to tell Taeng about their baby but her hopes smashed into millions pieces when Taeng’s father Kim Hyo told her that Taeng died 2 months ago. He gives her a letter that Taeng wrote for her.

Jessica unfolds the letter and read it…

 

 

“Yo! By the time you read this…maybe I’m not there with you anymore and you are still alive…Jessica…you were the best thing that ever happen to me…I will treasure those moment forever even if I’m in hell or heaven right now…Jessica…When the doctor told me I only have a week to live I decided when I died I want a part of me to live with you so that you won’t feel bored~ Yes Jessica the donor that donate you your new heart is me…lies in you chest in my heart…and it will forever love you…just like how I love you before I die…live on with that heart and take a good care of it will you? I’m not a romantic person but when I think about I’m going to die I can’t stop thinking of you…that’s why I decide to give the most important thing for me to you…Jessica…I gave you not just my heart but my life too…I love you…and I’m sorry for making you fall in love with me…and I’m sorry that I fall in love with you…it’s the biggest mistake we both made…”

 

Jessica kneels on her knees and she cries after that…

Taeng’s love for her is too great to be true…he even sacrifices himself for her…

‘Taeng…I will love you forever…and our baby…I will raise our baby so that he or she will be just like their father…the kind and funny person…’

 

Author says: How was it? Boring? I'm sorry if it's boring...i wrote this one last year! I can't remember when but i know i wrote it last year! :(